Frank P house pix

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#81 Postby Lindaloo » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:26 pm

Awesome!!
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#82 Postby Frank P » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:52 pm

some updated pixs... stucco and roof complete... now I need to add the details, shutters, facia, soffet, railing, stairs, etc to spuce it up but that will be after I get the inside more completed.... and decorate all the pilings... geesh that's a lot of work someone has to do... :eek:

Last edited by Frank P on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#83 Postby CajunMama » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:01 pm

looking good frank!!!!!
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#84 Postby MGC » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:00 pm

Frank, I drove by your place this weekend.....looking good.....MGC
0 likes   

timNms
Category 5
Category 5

#85 Postby timNms » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:03 am

Looking great, Frank. I have enjoyed watching the progress that you've made.
I know you guys are ready to get in there! It's gotta be tough living in one of those FEMA trailers. Everyone at S2K needs to get together and give you guys a proper housewarming when you get moved in! :D
0 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#86 Postby O Town » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:47 am

Looks like the outside is close to done Frank. 2 mths till Christmas and its looking like you will make it. Place looks awesome! How is the inside coming along? Any walls going up inside yet?
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#87 Postby Frank P » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:10 pm

Thanks much MGC, OTown and timnms

Christmas is looking iffy at the moment... plumber should be thru with the rough stuff this week, shower and jacuzzi installed today, electrical next week and HVAC the week after... then foam and sheet rock... wife is working the Kitchen cabinets and that might take more time than we would like... but its good to see progress....

I'm getting worn out working every weekend and have come to the conclusion that as long as we make steady progress every week I won't be too disappointed if I'm not in by Christmas... still our goal but right now a long shot..

Outside still has all the facia and soffet to do, along with railings and trim on the porches and porch ceilings... but I'll be doing that while inside stuff is underway... I should be thru with the outside minus closing in the first floor by Christmas I hope... front stairs should pose a challenge too..

later all... thanks for all the kind words..

Frank P
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#88 Postby simplykristi » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Your house is looking awesome, Frank! I love the front and back porches! I could see myself having a margarita or two on the front porch. :D

Kristi
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#89 Postby Lindaloo » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:14 am

I am still praying you two get back in your home by Christmas! I know one thing though, I am definitely in the spirit this year.

Thanksgiving will mean alot more this year than last year. It is a terrific feeling to see people rebuilding their homes along Pascagoula's beachfront and inland.
0 likes   

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

#90 Postby beachbum_al » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:37 am

The house looks great Frank. I think you will be in by Christmas the way it looks right now. Seems to be moving on along with the building. I will keep my fingers cross that the two of you will be back in your new home!
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#91 Postby Frank P » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:03 pm

Thanks Linda and beachbum al.... after the rough weather last night and today I hope I'm in by Christmas too... still possible I guess but we're still hitting it hard...

I think my spirit is much improved from last year too Linda... I might even set up some tables in my great room have still have Thanksgiving Dinner in the new house... providing of course I can get my wife to cook it.. :eek:

I also saw the second new home being construction on the beach in Biloxi, more towards the middle area of Biloxi, I'm on the west end... they are using concrete blocks and look to be about 8 to 10 feet up as well... they have not started framing just yet and I'll be interested to see what they come up with... looks to be a long but narrow house...

Frank P
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#92 Postby Lindaloo » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:56 pm

I am sure she will get in the mood to cook Thanksgiving dinner. lol.

Awesome about another home going up. I know some of the folks in east Biloxi are still living in tents. That is just terrible!!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#93 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:30 pm

timNms wrote:Looking great, Frank. I have enjoyed watching the progress that you've made.
I know you guys are ready to get in there! It's gotta be tough living in one of those FEMA trailers. Everyone at S2K needs to get together and give you guys a proper housewarming when you get moved in! :D

I'm sure
Biloxi would love all of S2K converging on them, but I wonder if Frank wants to take on the task of feeding al of us?????? :lol: :lol:
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#94 Postby Frank P » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:21 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
timNms wrote:Looking great, Frank. I have enjoyed watching the progress that you've made.

I'm sure
Biloxi would love all of S2K converging on them, but I wonder if Frank wants to take on the task of feeding al of us?????? :lol: :lol:

sure VB, all the hot dogs and PBJ sandwiches you can eat... hehe

that's probably all I can afford after I finish building this house... :D

at least you'd have a great view eating them....
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#95 Postby MGC » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:49 pm

S2K party at Frank's? I can't wait......MGC
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#96 Postby simplykristi » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:19 pm

If it is over the holidays, it could be doable for me. :D

Kristi
0 likes   

timNms
Category 5
Category 5

#97 Postby timNms » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:01 pm

vbhoutex wrote:

I'm sure

We could always bring our own PB and Jelly and bread...and of course some sweet tea and ice. :D The south just ain't the south without the sweet tea.
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

#98 Postby Dionne » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:02 am

Frank.....your very fortunate that your project is moving along so well. Not to mention that the craftsmanship appears to be quite good. Alot of folks currently under construction are taking a terrible beating. I get calls every week on failed jobs looking for someone to come in and do the completion.

I must admit, I am VERY envious of your view out the front!!!!
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#99 Postby Frank P » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:59 am

Dionne wrote:Frank.....your very fortunate that your project is moving along so well. Not to mention that the craftsmanship appears to be quite good. Alot of folks currently under construction are taking a terrible beating. I get calls every week on failed jobs looking for someone to come in and do the completion.

I must admit, I am VERY envious of your view out the front!!!!

thanks Dionne, I'm the project and quality control manager on this job and very very picky on who my contractors are... I don't get one unless I can get references and recommendations, that's the key.. and I've been very fortunate thus far... rough plumbing will be complete this week, electrical next week and HVAC the week after... its coming together... slow but sure... I'm still in the attic adding additional support brackets for wind loading and extra metal strapping... hope to finish all the attic stuff this weekend and start on the exterior finishing up in November...

the view is amazing 99.9999 % of the time... however, every 40 or so years it gets really really really ugly (Camille, Katrina) but IMO worth every bit the risk... at least I'm above the highest storm surge ever recorded in our area so that gives me some piece of mind..

Maybe in the spring I'll throw a little block party for all my storm2k supporters who have posted such encouraging and positive comments about the project... I appreciate all the kind words... I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, or perhaps more apropos, at end of the hall for that matter and my wife and I are both getting excited about being in our "home" again...
0 likes   

MiamiensisWx

#100 Postby MiamiensisWx » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:10 am

Frank, a big congratulations once again to you! Hope you and all others along the coast continue to recover, as well as those affected inland.

Seeing some progress is really music to the sight!
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”