Emotional Sadness...My Parents Home Has Been Bulldozed

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Sean in New Orleans
Category 5
Category 5

Emotional Sadness...My Parents Home Has Been Bulldozed

#1 Postby Sean in New Orleans » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:33 pm

Goodbye to the last 20 years. Goodbye to the weeding of my parents flower beds when I visited. Goodbye to laying on the sofa and just watching TV at my parents home. Goodbye to many wonderful Christmas' and beautiful Christmas trees...I loved the flocked trees, but, I also liked the evergreens and decorating. It was a wonderful experience for my sister's wedding...she got all made up in that house. The beautiful fans I bought my parents for the back covered porch brought many fun evenings, many relaxing evenings, and some nice quiet times when I just listened to the crickets. I loved playing with my nieces and nephews in the backyard and swinging them on the swing. The two cypress trees I planted with my parents are so big in the backyard now...goodness. And countless boiled crawfish and crabs were consumed inside that home and outside in the backyard! Thanks for the memories...2813 Regal Drive in Chalmette. We'll never forget. The home was bulldozed with no one present 4 days ago.
0 likes   

Hybridstorm_November2001
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Hybridstorm_November2001 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:06 pm

It is hard to find the words at a time like this. It is sad that for most of us Katrina is but a distant fading memory. We too often forget that people are still suffering from the storm today. Upon reading your heart wrenching tale. I took a moment to pray for you, and all the survivors of this terrible event.

May Peace Be With You All.
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby MGC » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:23 pm

I know exactly what you are feeling Sean. I walked through my childhood home one last time a few months ago. My Mom is selling it. I was flooded (no pun intended) with memories of growing up there with my brothers and sisters, Mom and Dad. I spent some time in my old room, recalling better days when the only thing I had to worry about was my next meal. There must be a dozen of my pets burried in the backyard. Sad, sad, sad.....there was a tear or two in my eye as I walked out the front door for the last time. I can only wish the family that buys our old house in NO East well and to take care of the place.....MGC
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby CajunMama » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:57 pm

Gosh Sean, I can only imagine how painful this is. I can't put into words how I feel for you and your family. But you are all blessed with your lives.
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Lindaloo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:26 pm

I know how you feel Sean. Katrina took so much from everybody. And things that we took for granted too. I never thought that a hurricane would humble me, but Katrina did.

Many hugs going out to you. I hope that wherever your parents are living that you all can make new memories and be thankful that you were actually Blessed.
0 likes   

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby beachbum_al » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:49 pm

I know how it feels. I remember watching my meme's house being bulldozed. I didn't see it actually go down but I did the see the pile of bricks and debris that was once the house I used to go visit almost every day as a child. It is hard! But in their new house there will be new memories.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”