Edgewater Mall in Biloxi

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

Edgewater Mall in Biloxi

#1 Postby Lindaloo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:18 pm

Can anyone tell me if the mall is fully functional? My Mother wants to go there Sunday after Church. If there are not many stores open there is no sense in going over there. I do not want to see the destruction if I do not have to.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Frank P » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:32 pm

Linda, the mall is pretty much back to normal except for Dillards, which is supposed to come back some time next year... Bonefish Grill is also open at the mall, which I've been to about 5 times in the past three weeks... its a nice addition to our limited restaurant opportunities on the front beach... also heard through the rumor mill that Outback is going to open where O'Charlies used to be.. that would also be awesome...

as for the destruction the beach has been cleaned up and there is not that much destruction to see... just miles of empty lots... but the sand beach is looking really good so just focus to the south... :lol:

Blow your horn as you pass my house, which is only a rocks throw from the mall...
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Lindaloo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:23 pm

Thanks Frank. I didn't want to waste half the day going over there only to find out there are not many stores open. I heard Dillards was not coming back. Oh well, to me they are an overpriced JC Penney anyway.

I am so happy things are being cleaned up, especially the beach. Do you know the historical home called the Dantzler house? That was Alf Dantzler's childhood home and he also lost his big home on the beach here in Pascagoula. He never recovered emotionally from that. He passed away. :(
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Frank P » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:08 am

Lindaloo wrote:Thanks Frank. I didn't want to waste half the day going over there only to find out there are not many stores open. I heard Dillards was not coming back. Oh well, to me they are an overpriced JC Penney anyway.

I am so happy things are being cleaned up, especially the beach. Do you know the historical home called the Dantzler house? That was Alf Dantzler's childhood home and he also lost his big home on the beach here in Pascagoula. He never recovered emotionally from that. He passed away. :(

I know the Danzler house very well... it was just south of my children's elementary school (Nativity BVM) ... the Danzler house was leveled by Katrina... just an empty lot now, but the statute that was in the front yard I think is still there... it was just east of the Biloxi Lighthouse... one of the many historic homes lost from Katrina...
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Lindaloo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:18 am

Actually there is a t in Dantzler. Little Alf told me that. lol.

Big Alf could not take losing both homes. It was really sad!
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby Frank P » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:22 am

sorry about the misspelling of the Dantzler house Linda I knew that... I think I had just a little to much crown tonight as we were celebrating at my son's engagement party ... :oops:
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Lindaloo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:40 pm

I was not correcting you by no means. I thought maybe that was how people spelled it because on a few websites they also spelled it that way. lol. Sorry Frank.

Oh Crown, sigh! lol.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”