past due accounts......

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

past due accounts......

#1 Postby Dionne » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:56 am

I can understand individuals that sustained hurricane damage and didn't get enough money for repairs from insurance companys. I have several clients that signed their entire insurance check over to me for repairs......the balances are being paid off as they can afford....usually in the form of monthly payments without interest.

What really busts my chops is when work requested by bankers becomes very sloooooowwww pay. Trustmark is the worst! There are people that walked away from damaged homes. Trustmark hired me to secure the properties.......board up windows, disconnect water....power, etc......while these homes go through the foreclosure and auction processes.

Initially I was told 6-10 days and payment for materials and labor would be paid.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Earlier today I was at our local printers picking up some stationary. I noticed they also print bumper stickers. Just for the heck of it I inquired the cost. For $194 plus tax I can purchase 250 bumpers stickers that say....."Don't trust Trustmark"......

Oh! It's so tempting!
0 likes   

stormcrow
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#2 Postby stormcrow » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:23 pm

You make a point that a lot of people miss. When you get your insurance check the mortgage company is on it (depending on the insurer, on checks over 2500 to 5000). You then have to deal with them to get money, and they have their own rules and inspectors. And they mortgage companies moe at their own speed and with their own set of rules.
If your cost of repairs for the insured damages exceeeds what the insurer allowed then call your insurer and file a supplemental claim. Be aware tho that if the going rate for drywall per sf is $1 to $1.50 and your contractor is billing you $6.00, the insurer may not pay all the invoice.
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby Dionne » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:29 am

Something rather odd has happened. My cell phone rang and it was a gentleman from Trustmark Bank. He knew that Trustmark owed us money. He wanted to know the locations, amounts of money spent at each and who my contact person was that ordered the work. He told me we would have a check in hand by Monday. He was very polite. He was surprised we had not been paid yet. He gave me his name and cell number and advised that I would be dealing directly with him on all future work. He didn't waste any time. The entire conversation lasted maybe 2 minutes. I wonder what has happened?
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Dionne » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:08 pm

Well folks.....I'm going to have to do some "crawfishing" as they say in this neck of the woods. About 2 hours ago.....a private courier hand delivered a check from Trustmark for the entire balance. I don't know what to say. Apparently my comment about not trusting Trustmark, got someones attention and they immediately proved me wrong.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”