Poor Feel Trapped in FEMA Trailers

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Cookiely
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Poor Feel Trapped in FEMA Trailers

#1 Postby Cookiely » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:56 pm

0 likes   

HollynLA
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Poor Feel Trapped in FEMA Trailers

#2 Postby HollynLA » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:24 pm

It makes me sad that disabled and elderly people feel trapped, there's not much they can do to earn a living due to disabilities and age, but honestly, I don't feel for the able bodied people who have been there for 2 years and have done nothing to help themselves. There are help wanted signs everywhere lately, many places can't even fill positions so there isn't any excuse to not have a job 2 years later. The article says they are waiting for something that never comes? What are they waiting for? They have to go out and make it happen through hard work. Not sit back and wait for someone to walk you back home. Life doesn't work that way.
0 likes   

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Poor Feel Trapped in FEMA Trailers

#3 Postby Aquawind » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:26 pm

HollynLA wrote:It makes me sad that disabled and elderly people feel trapped, there's not much they can do to earn a living due to disabilities and age, but honestly, I don't feel for the able bodied people who have been there for 2 years and have done nothing to help themselves. There are help wanted signs everywhere lately, many places can't even fill positions so there isn't any excuse to not have a job 2 years later. The article says they are waiting for something that never comes? What are they waiting for? They have to go out and make it happen through hard work. Not sit back and wait for someone to walk you back home. Life doesn't work that way.

Very Well said..
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”