So Frank P makes CNN

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Javlin
Category 5
Category 5

So Frank P makes CNN

#1 Postby Javlin » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:00 pm

So Frank finally hit the big times :lol: .I happen to catch it on the bellsouth homepage Frank but they forgot to show the dog pound hehe.Video
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: So Frank P makes CNN

#2 Postby Frank P » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:04 pm

Thanks Kevin... I couldn't open your page but I found it here on the AP web page... I really was in a bad mood when they showed up for the interview... hopefully that completes my 15 minutes of fame...

http://video.ap.org/v/default.aspx?g=b0 ... 5&fg=email

Along the Gulf Coast, two rebuilding stories...
Last edited by Frank P on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby O Town » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:52 pm

Boy Frank you are showing up everywhere!!! 8-) Just goes to show what an awesome job you have done there. Yay!!!

BTW I didn't notice how strong your draw was on the other clips, but I love to listen to you talk. lol.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#4 Postby Frank P » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:22 am

O Town wrote:Boy Frank you are showing up everywhere!!! 8-) Just goes to show what an awesome job you have done there. Yay!!!

BTW I didn't notice how strong your draw was on the other clips, but I love to listen to you talk. lol.

Ha good catch O... thats because on all the other clips, and I think I did at least 8 interviews in all, I tried to mask it and present my professional side (ha) apparently it was working.. I'm at the point now I don't care... hehe... I didn't have my game face on that day... I was under a lot of stress because my final building inspection was going to take place right after the interview and I was more focused on that.. Biloxi inspectors are tough and are doing a good job... not like some of the other cities I am hearing about..
Last edited by Frank P on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

TSmith274
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby TSmith274 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Hey Frank congrats on that house of yours. Quick question... you sound like a New Orleanian with that accent. Are you originally from N.O.?
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#6 Postby Frank P » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:18 pm

TSmith274 wrote:Hey Frank congrats on that house of yours. Quick question... you sound like a New Orleanian with that accent. Are you originally from N.O.?

No TS, I was born in Biloxi but my grandparents on my mothers side were from New Iberia, so I got a little of that cajun draw from them... Dad was a Yankee from CT... its funny, to some I sound like a Yak from NO, for others they think I have a Bronx draw... go figure... either way I win... :oops:
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#7 Postby CajunMama » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:34 pm

Frank, you looked great! And i'd swear you were from somewhere around chalmette. You sure you're not a choimer? :lol:
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#8 Postby Frank P » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:31 am

CajunMama wrote:Frank, you looked great! And i'd swear you were from somewhere around chalmette. You sure you're not a choimer? :lol:

HA... No CajunMama but I did eat at Rocky and Carlo's a bunch of times when I work at Michoud...
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby simplykristi » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:26 pm

Hey Frank,
I am soo happy for you! Have you been interviewed by the big 3 (ABC, CBS, and/or NBC) yet?

Kristi
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby Frank P » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:16 pm

simplykristi wrote:Hey Frank,
I am soo happy for you! Have you been interviewed by the big 3 (ABC, CBS, and/or NBC) yet?

Kristi

No Kristi, I've been interviewed by:
TWC, AP News (twice) WWL TV New Orleans, Chicago TV News, ABC WLOX Biloxi (I heard that both the Biloxi and New Orleans story went regional because friends told me they saw it on their local stations from other cities..), Montgomery AL TV, Jackson MS News... there may be one or two more but I can't remember em all... I had a couple of stories in the local newspaper and the AP did a written story as well... I heard the Weather Channel was replaying the clip today ... boy I got my 15 minutes of fame from all this... best part of all was meeting Cantore... but I hope he only comes back to Biloxi again during the winter months... :D

not a good sign to see Jim standing on the sea wall in Aug or Sept doing a live remote
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby simplykristi » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:31 pm

Hi Frank,
I still think that the big 3 need to interview you. :) I am so glad that you are in your house! :) Enjoy the beachfront view and have a few drinks for me. :)

Kristi
0 likes   

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby DanKellFla » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Great video, and you house looks terrific. So does the location. A place like that is just what I would love to have as a second house. Walking distance to the beach, and a quiet place. If there are a few stores and some restaurants nearby it would be perfect. I would make a perfect neighboor. I would hardly be there.
Now all I need to do is win the lotto.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#13 Postby Frank P » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:27 pm

DanKellFla wrote:Great video, and you house looks terrific. So does the location. A place like that is just what I would love to have as a second house. Walking distance to the beach, and a quiet place. If there are a few stores and some restaurants nearby it would be perfect. I would make a perfect neighboor. I would hardly be there.
Now all I need to do is win the lotto.

thanks, and we're absolutely loving it .... Dan, would love to have you as our neighbor... and there are a bunch of emply lots for sale too... and I'm only one block from the Edgewater Mall... but no restaurants nearby except for a Bonefish at the mall...

Hey, you buy the lot next door and I'll give you all the free home building advise you could ask for...
0 likes   

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby DanKellFla » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:30 pm

If I could, I would just get a manufactured home and place it on a platform like your house. They look good, are rated to 150MPH and are cheap. But, I still can't aford it.

Dreams....
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#15 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:04 am

Frank that is just about the PUREST Misssissippi drawl I have ever heard and I can identify a person's home state about 9 times out of 10 just by listneing to them if they are from the south. I imagine some of that comes from being on the Gulf Coast since 1954.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby Frank P » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:39 am

shucks VB, you go up to the central and northern part of the state and you'd think they were speaking another language... Been in MS a long time for sure... some of it certainly comes from living the good life on the MS gulf coast.. prior to Katrina I would have never thought of leaving it... now I am seriously considering retiring in Nashville ... I am suffering from empty lot syndrome... I'm tried of looking at lot after lot of empty lots... and it will be that way for YEARS... heard today that the first gas station might be seeking approval to build back on the beach... that is slow recovery for sure.. and Biloxi is way ahead of everyone else...

but I am loving my new house.. its wonderful..
thanks
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”