Katrina victims.....where are you now?

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

LaPlaceFF
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#21 Postby LaPlaceFF » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:16 pm

LaPlaceFF wrote:Ever since after Katrina, I have gotten a divorce, reunited with and old girlfriend of mine, bought a house, and now I have a new daughter.

The sad part is that 2 days after Katrina I lost my dad and 4 months ago I lost my brother.

I am also sucessfully battling lymphomia (Hodkin's disease). At this writing, I have 2 more chemos to go

A Survivor,............YEP!!!

UPDATE: Took my last chemo as Ike was blowing thru. Last PET scan showed something in my left lung. Will have biopsy done to see what it is.
0 likes   

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

#22 Postby JonathanBelles » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Yikes!!!! Hope it comes out noncancerous!!
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Katrina victims.....where are you now?

#23 Postby Stephanie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Sounds like you are a true survivor, LaPlaceFF. I hope that the biopsy comes back negative.
0 likes   

LaPlaceFF
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#24 Postby LaPlaceFF » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:14 pm

Come to find out that the "something" in my lung shrank and a Guided PEt scan was not needed.

If yall would see me now, yall would think I did'nt have cancer.

To keep with the topic, I hear that the recovery effort is still ongoing here. There are a lot of church groups that come down here and help rebuild homes in New Orleans, especially elderly people's homes.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby brunota2003 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 pm

One guy who was living just outside NO when the storm hit is now in the Army, up here at Fort Drum with me.
0 likes   

LaPlaceFF
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#26 Postby LaPlaceFF » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:54 pm

brunota2003 wrote:One guy who was living just outside NO when the storm hit is now in the Army, up here at Fort Drum with me.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know exdactly where he is from.
0 likes   

LaPlaceFF
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Katrina victims.....where are you now?

#27 Postby LaPlaceFF » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:19 pm

So here we are, 5 years after Katrina.

I put on the news here and all I see is stories about what has and hasn't come back since the storm. I go to nola.com and see the same thing. Newspapers, the same.

in St Bernard Parish, they are having a "jazz funeral" to bury the memory of Katrina. Many other things are happening in the area.

Granted, some goood things has happened in the past 5 years. Corruptions is slowly being weeded out of government. A new mayor in New Orleans. And of course, the World Champion Saints.

But yet, crime is rampant still. People have still haven't come back and they may not come back. Oh, and did the media forget about the Mississippi Gulf Coast. The whole coastline was destroyed by Katrina.

I don't want to dwell in the past. I want to move on. I am dealing with this thing called lymphomia now. I have 2 kids now. I have recovered and moved on from Katrina.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”