Did we luck out with Dean and Felix??? no devastation?

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

Did we luck out with Dean and Felix??? no devastation?

#1 Postby ConvergenceZone » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:46 pm

It seems like before Dean and Felix hit all I hear was nothing but horrible devasting results to come, but it seems like after they hit, I hear hardly anything...... Of coruse I haven't been glued to the news channels, but I'm sure had this been the case, it would have made big headlines nonetheless....Were we lucky AGAIN with Felix?? or does the media just not care? or were we hyping it up to be more than it was again??

thoughts?
0 likes   

gtalum
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Did we luck out with Dean and Felix??? no devastation?

#2 Postby gtalum » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:58 pm

I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but Dean wiped an entire town off the map and has caused devastation in several others. Felix will likely have killed hundreds if not more. How much devastation do you need before you consider it "not lucky"?

Just because America is too self-absorbed to take Anna Nicole Smith out of the headlines for death and destruction outside our borders doiesn't mean it doesn't occur. ;)
0 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby ConvergenceZone » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:24 pm

gtalum wrote:I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but Dean wiped an entire town off the map and has caused devastation in several others. Felix will likely have killed hundreds if not more. How much devastation do you need before you consider it "not lucky"?

Just because America is too self-absorbed to take Anna Nicole Smith out of the headlines for death and destruction outside our borders doiesn't mean it doesn't occur. ;)

That's what I'm saying, blame the media not the messenger.....There's no way for us to know what they don't tell us...While I know hundreds probably killed. I heard some predicting thousands of deaths in both Dean and Felix, so I guess it's not nearly as bad as it could have been...
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

#4 Postby Dionne » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:00 am

ConvergenceZone wrote:
gtalum wrote:I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but Dean wiped an entire town off the map and has caused devastation in several others. Felix will likely have killed hundreds if not more. How much devastation do you need before you consider it "not lucky"?

That's what I'm saying, blame the media not the messenger.....There's no way for us to know what they don't tell us...While I know hundreds probably killed. I heard some predicting thousands of deaths in both Dean and Felix, so I guess it's not nearly as bad as it could have been...

Tell it to the people standing in a flood this morning......while we sit fat and happy behind a keyboard.
0 likes   

fasterdisaster
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby fasterdisaster » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:14 pm

ConvergenceZone wrote:

Go the CNN front page now.(Not saying you were wrong before, the media wasn't doing very good, just saying that now we know it was unfortunately too early to say we lucked out)
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”