Signatures in your posts - please read

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Signatures in your posts - please read

#1 Postby southerngale » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Several years ago, we disabled signatures because they started getting out of control... too big or offensive, etc. Many members have expressed interest in allowing signatures once again and we are pleased to announce that they have been enabled. The same rules that apply on the board apply to the content of your signature as it will show up in every post you make. Offensive sigs will be removed and depending on the severity, a warning or suspension may be warranted. No links to competing message boards and follow other rules in place on the board. Please don't abuse it as we'd like to keep them around. :)

There is a 255 character limit and your images may only be up to 120 pixels high and up to 120 pixels wide.

Enjoy!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#2 Postby RL3AO » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Sounds like some sig bets coming up in the sports forum. :lol:
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3 Postby HURAKAN » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Already took advantage!!! :darrow: :darrow: :darrow: :darrow: :darrow:
0 likes   

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

#4 Postby JonathanBelles » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 pm

I very much do not like this idea. Signatures will clog threads made for information not for pictures and place holding text. Signatures were disabled for a reason, and just my opinion that they should stay disabled.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re:

#5 Postby southerngale » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:29 pm

fact789 wrote:I very much do not like this idea. Signatures will clog threads made for information not for pictures and place holding text. Signatures were disabled for a reason, and just my opinion that they should stay disabled.

One of the reasons they were disabled was because they slowed performance somewhat on the old server. We don't have the same issues with the new server. If members follow the rules regarding signatures, we shouldn't have a problem with the content, either. There's no reason to punish everyone for it, though. If you want to have a signature, you can. If you don't, you don't have to. Also, you can set the board not to display signatures if you don't want to see them at all.

Click on "User Control Panel"
Click on "Board Preferences"
Click "Edit display options"
Select "No" where it says "Display avatars:"
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

#6 Postby JonathanBelles » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:39 pm

I have always had signatures disabled anyway. I still disagree with it.
0 likes   

Cryomaniac
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Cryomaniac » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:39 am

Maybe they could stay disable in the main tropical weather forums if people think they get in the way of info?
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re:

#8 Postby CajunMama » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Cryomaniac wrote:Maybe they could stay disable in the main tropical weather forums if people think they get in the way of info?

All those people who dislike sigs just have to disable sigs in their personal settings. I don't think believe sigs can be disabled for just one forum.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby Cyclenall » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:48 pm

Pretty good, as long as there is a thin line separating the post from the sig (which is does on here) it's great. Some boards you can't even tell where the post ends and the sig begins which is very annoying.
0 likes   

Cryomaniac
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#10 Postby Cryomaniac » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:28 pm

CajunMama wrote:
Cryomaniac wrote:Maybe they could stay disable in the main tropical weather forums if people think they get in the way of info?

All those people who dislike sigs just have to disable sigs in their personal settings. I don't think believe sigs can be disabled for just one forum.

I meant as a board wide thing, so sigs don't show in those forums whatever the users settings are.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Cyclenall » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Cryomaniac wrote:
CajunMama wrote:

I meant as a board wide thing, so sigs don't show in those forums whatever the users settings are.

The second sentence answers that question.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#12 Postby wxman57 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:55 am

CajunMama wrote:

Are you saying that if I don't want to see everyone's signatures then I can turn signatures off somewhere? I can't find it in the user control panel. I found where I can add my own signature, but not disable all signatures. What personal settings area are you talking about?

I think that signatures (and giant animated avatars) are an annoyance, for the most part.
0 likes   

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby DanKellFla » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Some of them are funny.
0 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby O Town » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:27 pm

wxman57 wrote:
CajunMama wrote:

Are you saying that if I don't want to see everyone's signatures then I can turn signatures off somewhere? I can't find it in the user control panel. I found where I can add my own signature, but not disable all signatures. What personal settings area are you talking about?

I think that signatures (and giant animated avatars) are an annoyance, for the most part.

User control panel>Board preferences>Edit display options
You can turn off avatars there as well.

I personally don't understand why the heck everyone is whining about this if you have an option to turn it off?
It makes no sense to me. I personally like that everyone gets to choose a personal avatar and now can add a sig. if
you want. Other wise its just boring......losin' up people or just turn the darn things off. :P 8-)
0 likes   

#ORLANDOSTRONG

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#15 Postby wxman57 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:42 pm

O Town wrote:User control panel>Board preferences>Edit display options
You can turn off avatars there as well.

I personally don't understand why the heck everyone is whining about this if you have an option to turn it off?
It makes no sense to me. I personally like that everyone gets to choose a personal avatar and now can add a sig. if
you want. Other wise its just boring......losin' up people or just turn the darn things off. :P 8-)

Thanks! I turned signatures off but left avatars on. Yours has me hypnotized, I think.
0 likes   

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Signatures in your posts - please read

#16 Postby TexasStooge » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Awesome! Time to update my sig.
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

Jinkers