Honorary Member of the Month

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Honorary Member of the Month

#1 Postby southerngale » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:35 am

Storm2k would like to honor a quality Pro Met who touched a lot of lives in the name of "weather," Dan Meador, aka stormcloud. :ggreen: (per srainhoutx, that was Dan's smiley)
Many of you may not have known him, but for those who did, his passing has been difficult. Dan was a very special person.

Dan is Storm2k's Honorary Member of the Month.

This was written by srainhoutx:

I have known Dan since the mid 1980’s. Dan Meador was a class act and the most gracious man you would ever want to meet. Dan always took the time to speak to folks, no matter the setting and was easy to approach. I was one of the lucky folks that knew and interacted with him on a personal level. When Dan started asking me if I would help out on the Forum as a Moderator, I fought. I would tell him I did not want to be the ‘internet police’. I will never forget the morning I woke up as Ike was entering the Gulf and logged in to the KHOU Weather Forum as usual and was greeted to a Welcome Topic from one of our members concerning a new Moderator. It was me! I almost spit my coffee on the keyboard. I recall the e-mail that came from Dan later that day titled Oops! He always had a plan, but sometimes forgot to let you know. It has been an honor and a privilege to be able to call Dan my friend for so many years. In all the months leading up to these events, we shared, cried and planned. I am a better man for knowing Dan Meador. As I told him the afternoon before his passing, I love you and thank you for sharing your life with us. Dan was a tremendous supporter of Storm2k. Many will remember him as stormcloud (A Pro Met). Dan would be proud and very humbled to know that he was selected as MOTM. I can not think of a more fitting gesture for a gentleman that was truly a teacher that would always share his vast knowledge of weather freely. Dan was everything that a true ‘Weatherman’ strives to be.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Tireman4 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:43 am

Agreed WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!!!
0 likes   

Andrew92
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby Andrew92 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:22 pm

VERY good move! May he rest in peace, even in a wild 2010 season.

-Andrew92
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#4 Postby CrazyC83 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:37 pm

RIP to him!!! I nominated him for MOTM (and others may have too), so it was a great choice.
0 likes   

bvigal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Honorary Member of the Month

#5 Postby bvigal » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:26 am

What an EXCELLENT CHOICE for this historical storm month!!! :clap:
0 likes   

HurricaneQueen
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby HurricaneQueen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 pm

PERFECT CHOICE!!!!! :D
0 likes   
GO FLORIDA GATORS

Category 5
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Category 5 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:46 am

Happy to see this, Dan would be honored.
0 likes   
"GAME SET MATCH GIANTS WILL WIN THE NFC EAST and have a FIRST ROUND BYE with a win next week!!!" - StormingB81, the Giants lost, and did not win the NFC east.

srainhoutx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby srainhoutx » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 am

I had the privilege of attending and speaking at a Celebration of Life yesterday for Dan. The gathering included 3 longtime Houston On Camera Meteorologists. I was honored to introduce Dr. Neil Frank as one of the other speakers that was attended by 250+ close friends and co workers. I hope to have a photo and a YouTube link to a Video Memorial of Dan’s life, later. It was an honor to meet some of our Weather Forum members as well. Also, Director Bill Read of the National Hurricane Center sent a very gracious e-mail to me and expressed his condolences. You never know who is reading our Weather Forum. A special thanks to the KHOU family and our 'powers that be' for all your help and assistance with video gathering/editing for Dan's Celebration of Life.
0 likes   
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Wx Infinity Forums
http://wxinfinity.com/index.php

Facebook.com/WeatherInfinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”