A few suggestions......

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Rob-TheStormChaser

A few suggestions......

#1 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:54 am

On the top of the main forum pages I realized that when you highlight the links, on the SubSilver template(not sure about others) that there are no underlines for the quick links across the bottom for the Home, Gallery, Chat, Radars, Stats and Weather Cams. You have to actually press the icon corresponding with the description.

Another...I'm hoping in the coming future that all the templates will be accessible with all of the proper links as well. I noticed that using some others like Classic etc, that you lose a few of the links.

Another.....when replying to a topic or a thread, is there any way to also pin beneath the last reply what the topic is? For instance: If I'm getting an email to respond to a game...say Word Game #1, I click it and it takes me right to the reply window, but sometimes I have to scroll all the way to the top of a page to remember what the topic was in the 'headline'.

Is there the possibility of putting some kind of sports/recreation forum on? Since we all do not stay glued here and we have other things going on, like boating and going to the beaches and taking trips and so forth, it would be neat to have a separate area for just that purpose. Also it might be a great addition to have an area or forum dedicated to member's personal pics they'd like to show (aside of course from the Gallery and storm damage).

I have others, but I just wanted to shout out a few on the top of my head for now and see if I can get feedback on these or if anything is worth doing. Thanx Guys and keep up the great work around here! :wink:
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

Re: A few suggestions......

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:25 am

A couple of quick answers with more to follow as we get feedback:

1. On the templates: We are trying to get down to 4 or 5 templates and then we'll update those with all the features. I'll "Bump" the old poll or recreate it today to let everyone have their say on which ones we keep. :D The subSilver template is our default and therefore the first to get any changes. We will add the underline link capability to the new icons as soon as possible.

2. The "e-mail notification" on a watched topic is a core function of the standard phpBB board. We'll add this request to the "to be investigated" list but I can't promise we will get to it any time soon but we'll try and take a look.

3. As far as a "Sports and Recreation" forum, why don't you start a poll and let people voice their opinion? Maybe choices like "Yes" "No" "Don't care" :-)

Thanks as always for the feedback :-)[/quote]
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#3 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:00 am

Ok...well for the reply section...say for instance I'm replying to this message, it shows right aboive the window the breakdown as follows:

Storm2K Forum Index -> Board Suggestions

Why cant there also be a breakdown and add what the thread is? If this was possible it would now show:

Storm2K Forum Index -> Board Suggestions -> A Few Suggestions.....

See what I'm referring to now? Sometimes it gets confusing and I have to go back to scrolling to the top of the thread or checking email before deleting what the topic was.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:05 am

Its there. just not next to board suggestios. if you look to the right of those just above the New topic, and Reply button it gives the thread title right there..
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#5 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:19 am

I know that Chad...I mean its not there when you make a reply is all...lol The clock is and all the rest, but on the reply window it comes up missing.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#6 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:25 pm

I was wondering the same thing about the links above.

We need to click the icon for 'Home', 'Gallery', 'Chat', 'Radars', 'Stats' and 'Weather Cams', rather than the 'link word(s)".

I find the "Home" key for getting to the top of a site and the "End" key for getting to the bottom of a page very useful when there are no links to what we want to do next.
Last edited by ColdFront77 on Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

VanceWxMan

#7 Postby VanceWxMan » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:47 pm

What about installing the Quick reply hack :) That would be nice :D
I used to run PHPbb but IBF seemed to meet my needs better. Dont get me wrong this board software is good.

Aaron
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#8 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:48 am

I also wondered about a quick reply button as well...I was reading up on some options over on their site, and I believe you can incorporate it.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:03 am

We'll look at the Quick Reply Hack and see for everyone. We are currently running phpBB 2.0.3, version 2.0.4 has been released and is being evaluated on our test site. We may delay Quick Reply Hack until we are ready to upgrade the main board to 2.0.4. We'll keep you updated as we progress. :lol:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#10 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:10 am

Seems like the 2.0.4 has many fixes in it as well and some more security coverage as well. They are pressing that everyone should have it up and running ASAP. I hope we see this version soon! :wink:
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:17 am

One of the reaons that we haven't moved forward with the 2.0.4 upgrade is that several of the Mods that we currently use are still in the process of being updated. The last thing we want to do is take away features that people use and enjoy. Before we actually upgrade the ain board we will also do a test upgrade on our development board. We like to proceed cautiously so that we can hopefully minimize downtime for the board. Better safe than sorry :-)
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#12 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:24 am

I hear ya there. I suppose some subtle changes being incorporated is better than shutting down entirely and transferring all the data over....especially since there's more bodies around here!
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:04 am

I try real hard to minimized stress in my life :-) We'll get there just carefully :D
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#14 Postby weatherlover427 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:42 am

Right now, if I may ask, what is the ETA of the upgrade?
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:11 am

We haven't established an ETA for the upgrade yet. It's dependent on when the Mod's get updated and our testing on the new Mod and phpBB config. I'll make sure and post as we have news to update everyone. :D
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#16 Postby weatherlover427 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:47 pm

Cool, thanks for the update as always! :)
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#17 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:02 am

Are you guys going to have the ability to expand sig line chars to more than 300? Not that I need a gigantic one, but I wanted to add color to mine and every time I tried to do it I was over the 255 ceiling. My sig pic alone has quite a few chars since it is long with the directory. While it would be easy to type a small paragraph with 255, I'm a picture/writer myself! Just wondering if there could be a little room there to drop in things but causes more space to be used.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby mf_dolphin » Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:59 pm

I just expanded the Sig line to 500 characters. We'll give it a try and see how it works out. :D
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#19 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:51 pm

Thanks Marshall! :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”