Do you want a sport and recreation forum at storm2k?

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Do you want a sports and recreation forum?

Yes
75%
No
8%
Don't Care
17%
Would rather have ..... post below please
No votes

Total votes: 12

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Do you want a sport and recreation forum at storm2k?

#1 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:44 am

Let's see how the members at storm2k think of putting a new forum the sports and recreation as many here are fans of many sports and recreational activities.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Rob-TheStormChaser

#2 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:48 am

I know this is kind of my idea and my brainstorm, but here goes:

I would simply since sports in the world takes our minds off of some things in this world.

Also I asked to maybe add a spot within it where we could post pics and so forth. I think it would be a great addition since we almost all have a favorite sport and team.

I'm a big Boston Red Sox fan...I know I know!! And there are plenty of Yankees fans out there as well. Those would be great discussions as the seasons roll through.

I like to watch college basketball during March Madness and also MLB of course, NASCAR at times, NFL for sure, and hockey and even the Olympics.

My vote is cast. It IS needed!
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:51 am

Im all for what the members want... We do have to be carefull that we dont make to to many forums... but lets give everyone what they want. I know there are a lot op members that like to chat about gardening too.. they will be able to do this forum under recreation..
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:53 am

Cycloneye I added a couple of extra options, hope you don't mind. I just thought it might give a better feel for the board's wishes :-)
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#5 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:54 am

Right Chad...I figured anything outdoors would also entail gardening, yardwork, sports, swimming, boating, flying, hobbies and so much more.

Good idea Marshall as well...so we can get all the possibilities out there.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:58 am

No Marshall no problem at all putting those options there in the poll and I agree but I did this on a rapid pace that I posted yes or no but those are excellent options.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

ColdFront77

#7 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:00 pm

I voted yes for a Sports Forum. Sports discussions are very popular and should do great with those of us interested in meteorology (the common interest here) :D

I am not much of a sports fan, but enjoy baseball. Closest baseball team here is Tampa Bay (Devil Rays). I am also a Boston Red Sox fan, but have to catch up on how there doing, rather than knowing up to date when living in southeasern Massachusetts.

As for putting "Gardening" in the "Recreation Forum" -- gardening is popular by itself, so perhaps if it doesn't have its own forum right off, it may eventually so it will be easier to discuss that one main issue. :)

Looking forward for additional forums, even if I don't post much in them. Thank you for this thread.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby chadtm80 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:21 pm

0 likes   

Rainband

#9 Postby Rainband » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:31 pm

I think if the majority of the members want one then why not :wink: I voted yes BTW 8)
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#10 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:46 am

^BUMP^
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”