Dont go away,Stay at Storm2k all year long

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Dont go away,Stay at Storm2k all year long

#1 Postby cycloneye » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:43 pm

I have been seeing much less activity in the forum and also a few members saying see all next season.There is no reason to leave just because the Atlantic 2005 Hurricane season is not active now and in a little over a month the season ends officially. Here at S2K there is so much to do all year long. We will continue to follow the hurricanes and Typhoons all across the globe here at the Talking Tropics Forum,the winter weather in the CONUS at the Winter Forum,the US Weather including the severe tornado season at the US Weather Forum and the weather globally at the Global WEather Forum.Not to mention the other forums..S2K is the one stop internet site for all your weather..news and sports..off-topic themes..not to mention the chat room. So again the talking tropics forum and the rest of the forums of Storm2k is the place to be all year around so let's continue to be part of the best community site of the net.
Last edited by cycloneye on Tue May 23, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
0 likes   

hurricanedude
Military Member
Military Member

#2 Postby hurricanedude » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:16 pm

vast majority of our members live in an area that really dont have much winter weather to talk about, so after tropical season is over, they scram. I agree though, there is plenty to talk about in the non tropical season..we have a very good "off topic" forum.
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3 Postby HURAKAN » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:20 pm

Luis, it sounds like an advertisement! :lol: But I agree!
0 likes   

Dr. Jonah Rainwater
Category 2
Category 2

#4 Postby Dr. Jonah Rainwater » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:45 pm

I had a blast watching last year's South Pacific cyclone season and I'll be watching it again here. I hope we can encourage some members who live down in the Pacific Islands and in Australia to post lots of local information, too.
0 likes   

Canelaw99
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby Canelaw99 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:47 pm

I am one of those who scram during the off season...sorry :wink: I just discovered the off topic forum a couple days ago...well, I shouldn't say discovered - I ventured over there LOL Will probably check it out during the off season :)
0 likes   

P.K.
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#6 Postby P.K. » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:00 pm

hurricanedude wrote:vast majority of our members live in an area that really dont have much winter weather to talk about

Well I'm sure we don't get as much snow here as we used to. :lol: This is a year round thing for me though tracking all the global storms.
0 likes   

Duffy
Category 1
Category 1

#7 Postby Duffy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

I am glad you said that CycloneEye....because i live in New England and sometimes i think we're not cared about up here
We just got a Bad Storm thats made National Headlines, major flooding and about to get hit with another one
I am glad, at least the administration does its best to keep folks here all year long...but as that other person pointed out, most of the ppl live south of the Mason/Dixon line and really don't care about other areas of the Country, unfortanetly
Last year it was the same thing...i was told that Storm2k and the Radio Station respectively were like Ghost Towns....alot of the ppl left...i hope this time around its a different story
Good Thread to start, Cycloneye :)
0 likes   

myred
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby myred » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:27 pm

I will be here. You will find me in the Winter weather and off topic forums Awaiting my favorite time of year up here..... Winter and all the potential snow storms. My favorite line to work during the winter is "All, due to the pending snowstorm I will be working from home today!" :D
0 likes   

krysof

#9 Postby krysof » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:44 pm

but if we have a major southern snowstorm, then there will be much to talk and care about in the winter weather forum
0 likes   

Duffy
Category 1
Category 1

#10 Postby Duffy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:48 pm

yep you're right, krysof
0 likes   

CFL
Category 1
Category 1

#11 Postby CFL » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:24 pm

As a former "coastie" and now in a region that sees some winter weather I've got plenty of reasons to stay here all year long. :)
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#12 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:27 pm

We do have several professional mets from the NE who frequent STORM2K. Another one, Jeff Berardelli from CBS2 in NYC joined us recently and has promised to be very active over the winter season. Don Sutherland is always all over the winter weather too. Stay with us as we continue to grow!!!
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby Brent » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:38 pm

I'll be around... especially on OT.

Hopefully there will be some snowstorms down here to talk about. :) 8-)
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ixolib
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby Ixolib » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:41 pm

Yeah, Off-Topic can get pretty interesting at times.

And as many may recall, many of us "coasties" got snow on Christmas Day last year!! It was a hoot to watch us all freaking out on the Winter Weather board. Thirteen flurries and "some" accumulation on the cars!!

Well, actually, a little more than that, but it sure must have looked funny to the "snow" folks watching us GOMers scream and yell about the white stuff on Dec 25!!
0 likes   

MzShell
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#15 Postby MzShell » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:36 pm

Tropical weather is my favorite type of weather to track, but I do track local weather as well. Regardless, I plan to stick around. No doubt!
0 likes   

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby arkess7 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:46 pm

well im not going anywhere......this is a great site!!! :clap: :tailgate:
0 likes   

Dr. Jonah Rainwater
Category 2
Category 2

#17 Postby Dr. Jonah Rainwater » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:48 pm

It might just be me, but I feel the urge to post and tell y'all anytime I see a sky bluer than I ever thought possible (it happened the other day - the cold front cavalry has finally arrived)...so honestly I could rack up an enormous post count in the off-season if I were to commit to it.

And hey, autumn is second storm season here in North Texas, and we always get that one snow a year, and I've got interests back in Jersey where I grew up, so...I'll be around. But the cyclones are what I like best about winter weather now.
0 likes   

dhweather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#18 Postby dhweather » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:19 pm

Well, it snowed HERE on Christmas Day, 2004, which was also my
daughters first birthday. Of course, I was a little too busy to be
on s2k at the time. :)
0 likes   

huricanwatcher
Category 3
Category 3

#19 Postby huricanwatcher » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:54 pm

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW !!!!! (eastern north carolina shuts down..... imma hoping) :lol: :lol: :lol:

i check in a say hi once in awhile
0 likes   

AussieMark
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby AussieMark » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:01 pm

Dr. Jonah Rainwater wrote:I had a blast watching last year's South Pacific cyclone season and I'll be watching it again here. I hope we can encourage some members who live down in the Pacific Islands and in Australia to post lots of local information, too.

Our Cyclone Season officially starts next month so I will be sticking around. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”