REMEMBER!! This is a forum, NOT a chat room!! Must Read!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

BreinLa
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#21 Postby BreinLa » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:19 pm

Sooner I am in the chatroom I havent seen it
0 likes   

Stephanie
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby Stephanie » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:33 pm

I thought that there were a few of you in there Bre and Mike! :wink:
0 likes   

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#23 Postby pojo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:30 pm

Watch what people post about the Hurricane Hunters.... Being on that aircraft is hard enough. Please don't go ripping the guys (and gals) when they can't find the CofC or a closed eye. When you go up in the plane, then you can complain about it.
0 likes   

Hurrilurker
Category 1
Category 1

#24 Postby Hurrilurker » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:50 pm

While we're doing away with all the fearmongering, wishcasting, "I agree" etc. posts, can we also please stop all the "wellwishing" posts? Like: "Oh my good I feel so sorry for you folks down there, I pray you all get out in time, God Bless!!!". Well, it's a nice sentiment, but I think it should go without saying that everyone wishes people well in any afflicted areas. It is really not necessary to post such things. These types of posts are especially ridiculous when they occur with a tropical storm that is at least 5 days away from where the poster is talking about (I've already seen one of these earlier today). Now that I've wasted some bandwidth on my plea, thank you for not wasting bandwidth for everyone! :P
0 likes   

caribepr
Category 5
Category 5

#25 Postby caribepr » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:58 pm

Wow. Having been a *less than deep knowledge* weather watcher on this site for quite awhile (I found this site looking for more info on hurricanes, because for us, it is critical info, we have no evacuation, and the info here was solid and understandable), AND knowing what we all went through last year, this year/moment is pretty freaky as to the content.
The mods have been awesome (and I use that literally - you have a hell of a job here and are so *on* it...second to second)...
I don't know, I'm just sort of stunned by the posts, who the hell ARE these people? I just want to say, take a seriously deep breath, read the available information that is here, there is so much that would keep you from asking incredibily unnecessary questions in your posts!!!!!!!!!! If you want to freak out, do it face to face or go to the chat room, and leave the board free for real information!
The mods work so hard and you, YOU, asking questions, making statements that are so NOT fact based, make it so much harder for them!!!! Get a grip! Be a positive factor here and learn what the heck you are talking about before typing mindlessly on a thread!
Sorry for the rant but my goodness, this is getting crazy.
0 likes   

HURRICANELONNY
Category 5
Category 5

CHAT

#26 Postby HURRICANELONNY » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:11 pm

WHERE DID THE LINK GO??
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: CHAT

#27 Postby Brent » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:13 pm

HURRICANELONNY wrote:WHERE DID THE LINK GO??

For the chat?

http://www.stormdancing.net/network/jav ... torm2k.htm

It's in the 1st post as well.
0 likes   
#neversummer

gerrit
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby gerrit » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:59 am

All the rules for posting, or rather not posting the stupid oneliners and predictions based upon just a feeling by the "kids in underwear in their dorm rooms" (stolen from Airforce Met - good one!) are good rules.
They are like the traffic laws in Puerto Rico. Good laws but nobody enforces them.
The only way to get this board back to what it was, a quality source of information and a discussion place for pro mets and amateurs who know what they're talking about, is when moderators and admins start using the delete button!
Just kill all those stupid posts!
If those kiddies see their crap deleted a couple of times, they will either go away or start thinking before they post something.
0 likes   

Air Force Met
Military Met
Military Met

#29 Postby Air Force Met » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:19 am

gerrit wrote:All the rules for posting, or rather not posting the stupid oneliners and predictions based upon just a feeling by the "kids in underwear in their dorm rooms" (stolen from Airforce Met - good one!) are good rules.
They are like the traffic laws in Puerto Rico. Good laws but nobody enforces them.
The only way to get this board back to what it was, a quality source of information and a discussion place for pro mets and amateurs who know what they're talking about, is when moderators and admins start using the delete button!
If those kiddies see their crap deleted a couple of times, they will either go away or start thinking before they post something.

Thanks....and this HAS to happen. Until the anaysis thread actually becomes an analysis thead...and not a free-for-all...I'm not posting on it. As most everyone knows...I put a lot of thought into what I say...and I try to address every question that is put out there...to me or anyone...and I usually write a book. When that book is covered up in 30 minutes by needless posts...it was basically a waste of my time...since only a few people will see it. Some may be off on another thread and by the time they come back...my 4 paragrpah detailed answer is covered up by 3 pages of chat.

I know sometimes a forum can become too large...with too many people. I hate to say that...but it is true. I've seen it happen before. It becomes a stampede.

Opinions are fine on a thread about opinions...but analysis is analysis....not needless comment and I've got a feeling....then when my feeling was right and your (and the NHC's) analysis was wrong...I run around like a strutting peacock.

Analysis: A method of studying the nature of something or of determining its essential features and their relations.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#30 Postby cycloneye » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:24 am

AFM,the Analysis forum is always available for you and all the pro mets to post all of your analysis and discussions. :)
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

gerrit
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby gerrit » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:31 am

Luis, just a question: do mods on this board have the possibility to delete posts? If yes, why don't you guys delete posts which are not allowed according to the board rules? If no, I think this should be something to discuss in the mods/admins forum, which I'm sure you guys have on storm2k.
When people like Air Force Met are getting sick of what's going on and think about not posting anymore, storm2k will go down the drain..
0 likes   

Air Force Met
Military Met
Military Met

#32 Postby Air Force Met » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:33 am

cycloneye wrote:AFM,the Analysis forum is always available for you and all the pro mets to post all of your analysis and discussions. :)

To be honest...that will get looked at less than what I post that will get lost in the shuffle.

How about we just follow the rules that were laid down? If those were followed, per the first post in this thread...then this isn't an issue.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#33 Postby cycloneye » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:34 am

gerrit wrote:Luis, just a question: do mods on this board have the possibility to delete posts? If yes, why don't you guys delete posts which are not allowed according to the board rules? If no, I think this should be something to discuss in the mods/admins forum, which I'm sure you guys have on storm2k.
When people like Air Force Met are getting sick of what's going on and think about not posting anymore, storm2k will go down the drain..

Yes,we can deleite the bad posts and we haved done that in recent days.We have rules about not attacking another member and that is a rule that we take very seriously and we will do what is necessary to keep this forum running smoothly.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

28_Storms
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#34 Postby 28_Storms » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:38 am

I have 2 ideas that could add value here. One - add a rating system to each member so we know how much value they add - if they have chat style then they are rated low. Two - add a filter so we can block certain members on the board. This could reduce clutter. Example - we could select to see all pro mets or any member we choose. Or we could have a combo of these ideas and filter anyone with a certain rating.
0 likes   

gerrit
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#35 Postby gerrit » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:48 am

Another proposal: why not give AFM moderator rights for 24 hours and see how the board will look then. :grrr:
0 likes   

CajunMama
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#36 Postby CajunMama » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:17 am

gerrit wrote:All the rules for posting, or rather not posting the stupid oneliners and predictions based upon just a feeling by the "kids in underwear in their dorm rooms" (stolen from Airforce Met - good one!) are good rules.

Oh you have no clue how many posts are deleted. Many of us have spent more time deleting than doing anything else. Before you assume we aren't doing our job please check with us.
0 likes   

GulfBreezer
Category 5
Category 5

#37 Postby GulfBreezer » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:02 am

Mama, you beat me to it!! We are CONSTANTLY deleting posts, it is just hard to keep up. PLus it makes it hard when people use the "quote" button and repeat that post over and over in a thread, so then it does us NO GOOD to delete the original because it still is everywhere and unless we delete ALL the posts assoc with the quote, it will still show. Sometimes members make our job even more difficult!
0 likes   

gerrit
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#38 Postby gerrit » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:27 am

I asked Luis, didn't I?
The reason for my post here was that obviously many stupid oneliners are/were still present in the Ernesto thread. AFM and Alhurricane complained about those posts. (maybe more pro mets did - I didn't read everything).
My only concern is that pro mets and good amateurs are getting tired of this and decide to quit posting which would be very bad for storm2k.
0 likes   

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

#39 Postby GalvestonDuck » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:51 am

gerrit wrote:I asked Luis, didn't I?
The reason for my post here was that obviously many stupid oneliners are/were still present in the Ernesto thread. AFM and Alhurricane complained about those posts. (maybe more pro mets did - I didn't read everything).
My only concern is that pro mets and good amateurs are getting tired of this and decide to quit posting which would be very bad for storm2k.

I don't think you see all the silly one-liners and emoticon-only posts we've been deleting.
0 likes   

MBismyPlayground
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#40 Postby MBismyPlayground » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:53 am

GulfBreezer,
"PLus it makes it hard when people use the "quote" button and repeat that post over and over in a thread,"
Is it possible that the "QUOTE" button has out lived it purpose???
I remember when there was never a quote button in forums...You would highlight, copy and paste the pertinent info and address it to the appropriate person. Of course this takes a little more time but it also takes a little more fore thought...It would seem that if one takes the time to copy paste, then what they say may hold a bit more importance.
Just a thought....I get so backed up on these posts and all that "quote" stuff just "clutters" my eyes. Just a thought here, of course....
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”