Big changes coming!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#21 Postby KWT » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:18 pm

Will all the posts be transfered over or will it be strting afresh so to speak?
Also is it going to be more stable and not be so likely to crash during those big hurricanes and intense actvity on the board?

Sounds like a neat thing to do tohugh and storm2k should grow quite nicely, I know the board I host on has done this several times and it has grown quite nicely.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby mf_dolphin » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:07 pm

We will be doing a full conversion of the current board so all posts will be on the new board. We'll do everything possible to make sure the site is as stable as possible.
0 likes   

Speckled Trout 1
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#23 Postby Speckled Trout 1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:44 am

I've never had a problem getting to the SK2 site from my work computer, but now, when I try the new link to MySpace, I get a notice that the site is restricted because it is "Filtered". Can someone please explain why this is happening? Is it due to the firewalls that the company has on the system? thanks
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:49 am

I would assume that MySpace is being blocked by your work's firewall. This is getting more and more common.
0 likes   

Speckled Trout 1
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#25 Postby Speckled Trout 1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:15 am

Thank you, mf_dolphin, that's what I was thinking. Even though I haven't posted in the past, I truly enjoy reading and discussing the posts of the truly knowledgeable posters that are members of S2K. I am going to have to figure out a way to work around this problem since I seem to spend more time at the office than out of the office.
0 likes   

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#26 Postby jasons2k » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:41 pm

Thanks for all your hard work!! This is exciting!
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”