When can we expect an "official announcement"?

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Senobia
Category 1
Category 1

When can we expect an "official announcement"?

#1 Postby Senobia » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:30 pm

Just wondering if anybody has any idea when there will be an official announcement as to where Ernesto is going to end up. I know the tracks are still shifting and I know the models are ever changing, but I'm just wondering when is the time that they have to pick a track to agree upon. I assume Monday.....?

Thanks in advance.
0 likes   

WindRunner
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby WindRunner » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:46 pm

When they think the 120hr point hits land :P

But yeah, that should be late Sunday or sometime Monday depending on whether or not they forecast it to slow down in the gulf.
0 likes   

ktulu909
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#3 Postby ktulu909 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:50 pm

WindRunner wrote:When they think the 120hr point hits land :P

But yeah, that should be late Sunday or sometime Monday depending on whether or not they forecast it to slow down in the gulf.
Wow,you think that soon?I was thinking more around Tuesday to Weds at the current rate of speed.Theres no way to tell what kind of interaction Ernesto will have if it indeed runs across Cuba as its currently planned to.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby brunota2003 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:00 pm

there will be an official word at landfall...we can still mess up where exactly it will hit even a few hours or a 1/2 day before landfall, example would be Charley. The track shifted a little and then a different area got hit than was being predicted just about a 1/2 day or so before, thats one of the reasons why you are told to look at the CONE, not the black line going down the center...of course they will try to point out in advance the areas to be hit, I say probably 72 or so hours before landfall...maybe 120 hours, its hard to say, however I will say that here soon you will see the NHC start narrowing down their landfall locations...so Windrunner is probably correct, sunday/monday timeframe...
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”