Footage of Katrina

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Evil Jeremy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Footage of Katrina

#1 Postby Evil Jeremy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:12 pm

I am looking for downloable footage from Katrina, both from Landfall, and if possible, the Advisory updates found on TWC, NBC, and the other news stations please?
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Cyclenall » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:49 pm

You should have saved all this history from your TV when it was happening. That's what I did, since this type of thing is almost once in a _____(something). All my footage is on VHS tapes. A DVD recorder for your TV would be perfect during that time.
0 likes   

wxmann_91
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby wxmann_91 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:59 pm

Cyclenall wrote:You should have saved all this history from your TV when it was happening. That's what I did, since this type of thing is almost once in a _____(something). All my footage is on VHS tapes. A DVD recorder for your TV would be perfect during that time.

Yeah, well, Monday, August 29 was my third day of school (the 25th and 26th were my first and second days). Also many people have jobs.

I too am looking for footage.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby brunota2003 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:02 pm

I dont know about footage, however there is some interesting things here, including photos from recon inside the eye: http://www.katrina.noaa.gov/
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Cyclenall » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:51 pm

wxmann_91 wrote:
Cyclenall wrote:You should have saved all this history from your TV when it was happening. That's what I did, since this type of thing is almost once in a _____(something). All my footage is on VHS tapes. A DVD recorder for your TV would be perfect during that time.

Yeah, well, Monday, August 29 was my third day of school (the 25th and 26th were my first and second days). Also many people have jobs.

I too am looking for footage.

Canada is different in that respect :D . Schools in Ontario didn't start until a week after Hurricane Katrina made landfall.

If your looking for some footage, come to think of it I downloaded a bit torrent file with all these clips together from TV. I have it all but they aren't the best clips. The zip or rar file is called "Katrinamediacoverage". I have the torrent file.
0 likes   

Stormhunter27
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Footage here

#6 Postby Stormhunter27 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi all,

I've got about an hour of footage from Katrina from Gulfport. It's on DVD and I'm trying to get some of footage back up on my site (http://www.stormhunter.ca). If you're interested (Im just asking for money for shipping - not the DVD), email me at stormhunter27@gmail.com.

I'll try really hard to get some footage up ASAP. My D drive (with all the saved footage) crashed a little while ago and I'm trying to get it fixed. I've got it saved on a whole bunch of CDs but my working drive is too small to download it all onto!

M
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”