BS in Envirmental Science enough for meteorology?

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

wxman22
Category 3
Category 3

BS in Envirmental Science enough for meteorology?

#1 Postby wxman22 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:50 pm

I start college next year and I was thinking about going to The University of Houston which offers a B.S. in environmental science with a track (emphasis) in Atmospheric science.They also offer a Masters in Atmospheric science.I wanted to know would a degree in environmental science with an track in Atmospheric science be sufficient enough to land an entry level meteorology job,while working on a Masters in atmospheric science?Thanks.

http://www.geosc.uh.edu/undergraduate/d ... /index.php
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: BS in Envirmental Science enough for meteorology?

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:47 pm

I can't answer your question, but have you checked into the Metorology program at A&M?
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#3 Postby wxman57 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:29 pm

As someone who does make hiring decisions, I can tell you that I'd much rather see a BS degree from a school that has a reputation of having a good meteorology undergraduate program. That's who you'll be competing with when your resume lands on my desk. I'd consider a resume from an A&M graduate long before a resume from the University of Houston. Decide what you really want to do and go for it. Go to a school that can really give you the best education.
0 likes   

wxman22
Category 3
Category 3

#4 Postby wxman22 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:01 pm

wxman57 wrote:As someone who does make hiring decisions, I can tell you that I'd much rather see a BS degree from a school that has a reputation of having a good meteorology undergraduate program. That's who you'll be competing with when your resume lands on my desk. I'd consider a resume from an A&M graduate long before a resume from the University of Houston. Decide what you really want to do and go for it. Go to a school that can really give you the best education.

Ok, i'll take your advice,thanks wxman57!
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”