Post Season Upgrade?

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

NOLA2010
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Post Season Upgrade?

#1 Postby NOLA2010 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:55 pm

In the Invest 92L discussion forum, people were saying that this could be upgraded to TD 1 at the post season outlook that the NHC does. What happens if we get TD 1 from another tropical wave and then the NHC goes back and looks at 92L and determines that it was a TD? Because now we would have two TD 1's. I was just wondering if anyone could clear this up for me

Thanks
0 likes   

Chacor
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Chacor » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:18 am

Future storms would have their storm numbers changed accordingly. In 2005, Hurricane Wilma was operationally TD24; because there was an unnamed subtropical storm (designated 21L), Wilma became 25L; i.e. the 25th Atlantic system of 2005.

However, I would find it highly unlikely that the NHC would posthumously upgrade a low to merely a tropical depression. I'd think it'd be more likely for the NHC to upgrade any area of interest to TS status; a TD upgrade is really unlikely.
0 likes   

NOLA2010
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re:

#3 Postby NOLA2010 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:51 am

Chacor wrote:Future storms would have their storm numbers changed accordingly. In 2005, Hurricane Wilma was operationally TD24; because there was an unnamed subtropical storm (designated 21L), Wilma became 25L; i.e. the 25th Atlantic system of 2005.

However, I would find it highly unlikely that the NHC would posthumously upgrade a low to merely a tropical depression. I'd think it'd be more likely for the NHC to upgrade any area of interest to TS status; a TD upgrade is really unlikely.

Ok Chacor, thanks for clearing that up
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”