Satellite Images

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Wren
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Satellite Images

#1 Postby Wren » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Could someone explain the importance of each of the IR satellite images? Is there a time when a person might want to look at one opposed to others? Water vapor is obvious, but why funktop and rainbow, AVN, and all the rest? Does each IR have special significance or are they just different views utilizing different colors?

And lastly is there a guide that denotes the cloud top temperature degree changes used on the color bar? I know the colors on the bar go from left to right, those on the right signifying colder cloud tops, but that's the extent of what I know, and I'd like to know more.
TIA!
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Satellite Images

#2 Postby Cyclenall » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:34 am

Wren wrote:And lastly is there a guide that denotes the cloud top temperature degree changes used on the color bar? I know the colors on the bar go from left to right, those on the right signifying colder cloud tops, but that's the extent of what I know, and I'd like to know more.
TIA!

For the temperature references on the IR image with the colours, the NRL ones have that. There are a few others that have that but I don't know which ones.
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”