Meteorology Books

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Future Met
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Meteorology Books

#1 Postby Future Met » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:47 pm

I want to improve my forecasting knowledge, so I need some suggestions on meteorology books. I’m currently taking my final meteorology class in college, but I’m looking for some more advanced material. Any books regarding winter weather forecasting, severe weather forecasting, or numerical weather prediction would be great.

Thanks in advance.
0 likes   

wall_cloud
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#2 Postby wall_cloud » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:53 am

Don't know if its in your curriculum or not, but last year I bought the new mesoscale book from Markowski and Richardson. Its a good read and has some operational usefullness in addition to the heavy equations that one should expect from a good met book. And no, I didn't pay near that much for it.

http://www.amazon.ca/Mesoscale-Meteorol ... 0470742135
0 likes   
My comments are my own and do not reflect those of NOAA or the National Weather Service.

Future Met
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Re: Meteorology Books

#3 Postby Future Met » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks, I’ll take a look at that.
0 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Meteorology Books

#4 Postby South Texas Storms » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:04 pm

I'm a sophomore Meteorology major at Texas A&M and I am currently in a Severe Weather and Mesoscale Forecasting class and we are reading a book called Severe and Hazardous Weather by Rauber and also the book mentioned above my post. They are both good books imo :D
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”