Atlantic ridge

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ouragans
Category 1
Category 1

Atlantic ridge

#1 Postby ouragans » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi guys.

A visitor on my website asked me today where he could monitor "evolution" of the Azores High and Atlantic ridge. Is there anywhere I can find that?

Thanks
0 likes   
Personal forecast disclaimer
This post is a personal point of view, not an information. Please refer to official statements for life-threatening decisions.

David '79, Frederic '79, Hugo '89, Iris, Luis & Marilyn '95, Georges '98, Lenny '99, Dean '07, Irma '17, Maria '17, Fiona '22, Philippe '23, Tammy '23
16°13'33.3,"6N -61°36'39.5"W

WeatherLovingDoc
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Atlantic ridge

#2 Postby WeatherLovingDoc » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:02 pm

I would be very appreciative, since the above question was asked, of a layman's discription of the Atlantic Ridge. I have read about ridges ad infinitum, but do not grasp them 3D.

I just recently found out that a "trough" is basically a low. So I'm assuming a "ridge" is basically a high.

Still, when people post storm wind or steering images, I never can fully understand what area they are talking about on the map.

These two simple terms, "ridge" and "trough" would help me, and probably other newbies, greatly in understanding hurricane tracks.

Thanks to anyone who can answer in very simplistic terms and perhaps point to a map which illustrates both.

-WLD :double:
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”