What is happening on this continent

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

SaskatchewanScreamer

What is happening on this continent

#1 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 am

that is causing Western Canada to revert back to an ocean????????
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#2 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 pm

re weather systems...why isn't the jet stream moving?
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#3 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:44 pm

0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#4 Postby Cyclenall » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:04 pm

SaskatchewanScreamer wrote:re weather systems...why isn't the jet stream moving?

The atmosphere warming up is causing that (slower jet stream).

The met on that video said the total opposite of TWN's summer outlook for the Prairies. In other words, no one knows what is going to happen (anything is possible).
0 likes   

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby WeatherGuesser » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:26 pm

TWN?
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby Tireman4 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 pm

The Weather Network.... I think...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

Re: Re:

#7 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Cyclenall wrote:

The met on that video said the total opposite of TWN's summer outlook for the Prairies. In other words, no one knows what is going to happen (anything is possible).

Ah I just now see Phillips agrees with you Cyclenall:
A senior climatologist with Environment Canada says the country should expect a cold winter, but warns that forecasting is getting more and more difficult.

"It's almost as if you can't look at the past to tell us what the future is," David Phillips told CBC News.

"There's a new norm: Expect the unexpected."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/11/16/weather-winter-cold-phillips.html

Tireman4 wrote:The Weather Network.... I think...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/

:uarrow: that is correct. :)

Dave Phillips is Senior Climatologist with Environment Canada. He is often quoted/featured at The Weather Network (TWN is closely combined with Environment Canada, though TWN may show slightly different results then Environment Canada). TWN connects with EC's stations as well as other weather stations whereas EC just has theirs at airports. I find TWN can give more accurate readings for my city, in a valley, since EC's is out on the plains but TWN results won't be considered official.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#8 Postby Cyclenall » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:27 pm

SaskatchewanScreamer wrote:Ah I just now see Phillips agrees with you Cyclenall:
A senior climatologist with Environment Canada says the country should expect a cold winter, but warns that forecasting is getting more and more difficult.

"It's almost as if you can't look at the past to tell us what the future is," David Phillips told CBC News.

"There's a new norm: Expect the unexpected."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/11/16/weather-winter-cold-phillips.html

Hmm, I didn't even know they were calling for that. What an epic bust that was and I wonder how David Phillips felt around the Great March Heat Wave after realizing this was one of the warmest winters of all time. I loved how he said, "This was truly the winter that was cancelled for Canada."

SaskatchewanScreamer wrote:Dave Phillips is Senior Climatologist with Environment Canada. He is often quoted/featured at The Weather Network (TWN is closely combined with Environment Canada, though TWN may show slightly different results then Environment Canada). TWN connects with EC's stations as well as other weather stations whereas EC just has theirs at airports. I find TWN can give more accurate readings for my city, in a valley, since EC's is out on the plains but TWN results won't be considered official.

I don't really see David Phillips on there that much and tend to see him more often on other Canadian news stations like CTV and Global.
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”