Is there a place...

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Is there a place...

#1 Postby Kalrany » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Is there a place on the site that has a collection of links for newbies that link to the various models, terms, repositories of general weather concepts, etc? I lose the posts where links like that are stored unless I make a bookmark immediately, which is sometimes just not possible (i.e. at a school computer or borrowing someone else...) and then I can never find it again. I doubt that I am the only person who has run into this, but I have not seen any general spot for this -- am I just missing something? Alternatively, would this be a possible suggestion to the board? Sort of like a newbie sticky/commonly asked questions/useful links type of thing…
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby WeatherGuesser » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:32 pm

You mean like the Silver buttons across the top banner; Radar, Model Sites, Tropics Center, etc.?
0 likes   

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Is there a place...

#3 Postby Kalrany » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Somewhat. (I was having problems with the silver buttons -- they were not allowing me to click on anything...) Unless I am misunderstanding, they are primarily models, but I was thinking more about other resources like the links to basic info, terminology, etc. But thank you for explaining the buttons -- hopefully I can get them to work at some point. :roll: :cheesy:
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby brunota2003 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Here is one place:
viewforum.php?f=61

That is in Talkin Tropics, the sub forum titled "Tropical Reference Library". While not inclusive, it is at least a start and does have a thread with a list of acronyms in it!

Also, for when you aren't at home, if you find a link you would like to save, do up a private message, paste the link there and save it as a draft. Then when you get home, just go back into drafts and save the link! (Or you could do the same with your email, or email yourself the link, etc)
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Is there a place...

#5 Postby Kalrany » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:24 pm

The PM idea is a good one. I will remember that. And thanks for the link -- it was the main thing I was looking for. :) I must have missed that one when looking around.

Thanks everyone for your help! And if you (or anyone else) have more links, I know I would love to look at them...

You guys are cool. ;)
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”