My weather station. Is there anyway I can share my weather d

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Cunxi Huang
Category 1
Category 1

My weather station. Is there anyway I can share my weather d

#1 Postby Cunxi Huang » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 pm

I established my own weather station. Is there anyway I can share my weather data on internet? :?:
I mean is there any website that I can upload my weather data? :?:
0 likes   

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#2 Postby Extratropical94 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:10 pm

My favourite weather network is WeatherUnderground. It's free and the website creates graphs and offers a cool weather dashboard with your data.
If your weather station is able to upload at a fast pace, you can even see live data (like wind speed) at 5 second intervals.
0 likes   
54° 11' 59'' N, 9° 9' 20'' E
Boomer Sooner!
Go Broncos! Go Cards! Go Niners!
- Daniel

Cunxi Huang
Category 1
Category 1

Re:

#3 Postby Cunxi Huang » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Extratropical94 wrote:My favourite weather network is WeatherUnderground. It's free and the website creates graphs and offers a cool weather dashboard with your data.
If your weather station is able to upload at a fast pace, you can even see live data (like wind speed) at 5 second intervals.

Thank you. I am a Chinese typhoon fans, now I living in San Diego. My English is not very good, it may not quite sure how to upload data.
0 likes   
2006 SuTY SAOMAI | 2009 TY LINFA | 2010 TY FANAPI | 2010 SuTY MEGI | 2016 SuTY MERANTI | 2019 SuTY LEKIMA
DO NOT use my posts for life and death decisions. For official information, please refer to products from your RSMC and national weather agency.

Cunxi Huang
Category 1
Category 1

Re:

#4 Postby Cunxi Huang » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:04 am

Extratropical94 wrote:My favourite weather network is WeatherUnderground. It's free and the website creates graphs and offers a cool weather dashboard with your data.

Excuse me? Why I can't submit here? I clicked the "submit" one hundred times, mut it can't work! :?: :double:
0 likes   
2006 SuTY SAOMAI | 2009 TY LINFA | 2010 TY FANAPI | 2010 SuTY MEGI | 2016 SuTY MERANTI | 2019 SuTY LEKIMA
DO NOT use my posts for life and death decisions. For official information, please refer to products from your RSMC and national weather agency.

Cunxi Huang
Category 1
Category 1

Re:

#5 Postby Cunxi Huang » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:09 am

I mean in the second part (personalize) of "register new weather station", why I can't submit?
0 likes   

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#6 Postby Extratropical94 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:29 am

Hm...
I tried it a few minutes ago and it worked perfectly fine for me, and I could register a new weather station. The submit button at step 2 also worked.
Not sure why it isn't working for you.
0 likes   
Boomer Sooner!
- Daniel

Cunxi Huang
Category 1
Category 1

Re:

#7 Postby Cunxi Huang » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:54 am

Extratropical94 wrote:Hm...
I tried it a few minutes ago and it worked perfectly fine for me, and I could register a new weather station. The submit button at step 2 also worked.
Not sure why it isn't working for you.

Now it can work...

Enter your station ID: ********* and Wunderground password into your software.
ID and Password are case sensitive. Process may require you to register with a 3rd party site (eg. rainwise.net)
For additional support, contact your software manufacturer

Do you know what is the softwore? My weather station model is C84612 (LaCrosse). Can you help me to register with a 3rd party site?
0 likes   

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#8 Postby Extratropical94 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm

The software is a tool or program that runs on a computer or on a server that read data from the station and uploads it to a website.
Some of those can upload files to an ftp server and the weather networks have to grab those files, other programs are able to directly push live data to networks like W-Underground.
I use the software Meteohub, it works fine for my Vantage Pro 2 and runs on a permanently active server. That bundle cost me roughly $200 so you might have to put some money into that project.
Also, Lacrosse seems to offer an online service where you can view your station's data if you login.
I'm not too familiar with Lacrosse stations but the feature seems to be very nice based on what I've seen on their web page.
0 likes   
Boomer Sooner!
- Daniel

Cunxi Huang
Category 1
Category 1

Re:

#9 Postby Cunxi Huang » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Extratropical94 wrote:The software is a tool or program that runs on a computer or on a server that read data from the station and uploads it to a website.
Some of those can upload files to an ftp server and the weather networks have to grab those files, other programs are able to directly push live data to networks like W-Underground.
I use the software Meteohub, it works fine for my Vantage Pro 2 and runs on a permanently active server. That bundle cost me roughly $200 so you might have to put some money into that project.
Also, Lacrosse seems to offer an online service where you can view your station's data if you login.
I'm not too familiar with Lacrosse stations but the feature seems to be very nice based on what I've seen on their web page.

Thank you very much! :D
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”