WeatherNation, Are You Seeing It?

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

WeatherNation, Are You Seeing It?

#1 Postby WeatherGuesser » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:42 am

WeatherNation is a relatively new service that has been showing up on cable and satellite TV systems as well as streaming services and devices like Roku.

Have you seen it?
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: WeatherNation, Are You Seeing It?

#2 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:57 am

Yes, I began watching WeatherNation on Monday when it appeared suddenly on DirecTV Channel 361. It airs one channel ahead of TWC.

Personally, I think it is refreshing that we now have hopefully a viable alternative to TWC. I have been so turned off by TWC for the past few years ever since NBC bought them.

WeatherNation is new and is just planting a seed in the ground so to speak. However, from what I have seen, they are all weather all the time. They keep it simple and diirectly to the point with specific details. This alone gets high marks from me compared to all of that mess TWC gives us at times. WeatherNation also breaks down specifics for each region of the US each and every hour.

So, I will be watching WeatherNation at times. I hope that in time they seriously continue to emerge as a very credible alternative to TWC as time progresses.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby tolakram » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:58 am

It's on our blue ray player, just happened to start it up last night. Could not select anywhere near Cincinnati and honestly it did not look very interesting. Maybe I missed something awesome? After some frustration in trying to bring up a local forecast I quit.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby WeatherGuesser » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:56 pm

tolakram wrote:It's on our blue ray player, just happened to start it up last night. Could not select anywhere near Cincinnati and honestly it did not look very interesting. Maybe I missed something awesome? After some frustration in trying to bring up a local forecast I quit.

On my Roku, one of the very first things that came up after I tuned in was a place to enter the ZipCode. Then it brought up a screen with the current conditions on the left and a window on the right with their broadcast and maps. There were also options for short and long term forecasts that matched the local NOAA WFO site.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby brunota2003 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:14 am

I thought they weren't starting up until October? I'll have to take a look later, I hope they are like how the TWC was in the 80s and 90...and if they do that, and are good at it, I hope they are around for a long time to come.
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby WeatherGuesser » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:43 am

Does anyone here support the TWC campaign regarding loss of their service to be a threat to public safety?
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#7 Postby Cyclenall » Fri May 02, 2014 4:33 am

I saw a brief bit of WN online during the tornado outbreak, and I thought it was strange TBH. Its not exactly my type of weather coverage because of the constant switching to another region. It didn't seem to jive with what I was wanting to see, more in-depth discussion and live presenting. I did like the way they showed the weather map graphics moving (timeline) and all the details with it...very good.

WeatherGuesser wrote:Does anyone here support the TWC campaign regarding loss of their service to be a threat to public safety?

I think its apparent that the answer is no based on the activity :lol: .
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”