Tropics 101

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Bailey1777
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Tropics 101

#1 Postby Bailey1777 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:03 am

(Please only answer if you are a pro-met or have expertise in the tropics)
I would like to use this thread to have a single place that amatuers like myself and others on Storm2K can come to and find answers to an array of analytically tools and methods we can use at our level to identify, track, and forecast tropical activity. Feel free to give your take on anything that applies. I'm personally looking for early warning signs, interpreting synoptics, short and long term forecasting, satellite interpretation, recon decoding, models pro and con, ect.

Thank You in advance to any who contribute!

Darren
0 likes   

redmosquito
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#2 Postby redmosquito » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:22 am

I think there is a section for this topic already......

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=42
0 likes   

StormWarning1
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Tropics 101

#3 Postby StormWarning1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:22 am

Bailey1777 wrote:(Please only answer if you are a pro-met or have expertise in the tropics)
I would like to use this thread to have a single place that amatuers like myself and others on Storm2K can come to and find answers to an array of analytically tools and methods we can use at our level to identify, track, and forecast tropical activity. Feel free to give your take on anything that applies. I'm personally looking for early warning signs, interpreting synoptics, short and long term forecasting, satellite interpretation, recon decoding, models pro and con, ect.

Darren

Their is already a place to do just that. Go to Forum Index and click on the 'Got a Question" thread
0 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby O Town » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:12 am

Or start a new thread in this forum with each particular question that way its easy for everyone to get an answer to that one question without having to keep up and read through a whole thread on many different questions. I think that is why this whole forum was started.
0 likes   

senorpepr
Military Met/Moderator
Military Met/Moderator

Re: Tropics 101

#5 Postby senorpepr » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:27 pm

Bailey1777 wrote:(Please only answer if you are a pro-met or have expertise in the tropics)

Darren

I think one of the other mets would be better for answering a tropical-related post, but as for recon decoding... if you have MS Excel, check out the ReconExcel download available at the bottom of the Storm2k recon page at http://tropicalupdates.nhcwx.com/recon.htm
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”