Moderator: S2k Moderators

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L

#141 Postby Extratropical94 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:26 pm

timmeister wrote:
HurricaneAndrew92 wrote:
tailgater wrote:91L looking preety good this afternoon, Center of circulation becoming more defined and shear not a big problem, but it's having a hard time with the some land interaction.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?prod ... h&loop=yes

91L doesn't exist, I think.

91L Deactivated @ 2PM EST by NHC

http://i48.tinypic.com/24pe0et.gif

The NHC TWO probability percentage has nothing to do with the activation or deactivation of an invest. Those invests are activated to run models on areas of interest. There hasn't been any deactivation as there is no deactivation file in the TCWeb directory at ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/atcf/tcweb
Only thing to mention is that the BT file hasn't been updated since the 3rd; Brunota already wrote that a few posts above this one. But you cannot tell whether 91L is active or not just by looking at the outlook map.
0 likes   
54° 11' 59'' N, 9° 9' 20'' E
Boomer Sooner!
Go Broncos! Go Cards! Go Niners!
- Daniel

timmeister
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#142 Postby timmeister » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Well, for goodness sakes let me edit my post then.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#143 Postby Blinhart » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52 pm

timmeister wrote:Well, for goodness sakes let me edit my post then.

No reason to get upset, he was just letting you know what is going on.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L

#144 Postby tailgater » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Still trying to find some water while dumping some an area that needs it.
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?prod ... X&loop=yes

I guess if this thing, that is no longer an Invest deepens, I guess it could have an effect on Ernesto, but then again why isn't that weakness that keeps being called for by some to bring him northward, lifting this one out.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “2012”