BILL- Preps/Obs - NW Gulf Coast

Moderator: S2k Moderators

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

BILL- Preps/Obs - NW Gulf Coast

#1 Postby CrazyC83 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Starting a thread for our members in the northern Gulf Coast to post their observations, preparations, etc.
0 likes   

msp
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#2 Postby msp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:05 pm

81/74 at hobby intl with my home location being just east of hermann park on the south side of houston. have had maybe three or four downpours today from feeder bands.

grocery stores across this part of houston pretty much all out of water, milk, and bread. people seem to be taking it pretty seriously.

floodgates and flood protection measures are being closed off/put in place at institutions in the Texas Medical Center tonight, including Baylor Med (Baylor flooded and suffered close to half a billion dollars of damage in allison). houston metro transport is watching the storm closely and may very well shut down some service should the conditions demand it, just as they closed down the entire light rail during last month's flooding.
0 likes   

galvbay
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#3 Postby galvbay » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:45 pm

Smith Point, Chambers County-North Side of Galveston Bay. @ 10:44pm Temp 81--Bar. 29.88r---Wind 23mph East--Gust to 33mph
0 likes   

TheAustinMan
Category 4
Category 4

Re: BILL- Preps/Obs - NW Gulf Coast

#4 Postby TheAustinMan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Since I'm in Austin, I'm quite removed from the US Gulf Coast, but Austin is expected to be close (and within the margin of error (cone)) to the track forecast for Bill as he slowly weakens inland. The center of the storm should be passing nearby overnight, which should provide for some interesting observations. So far today, Austin's seen off-and-on rain from the rainbands and scattered showers ahead of Tropical Storm Bill, with the strongest one coming in early in the afternoon when a strong storm cell moved across the area, causing heavy rains. No flooding occurred in my immediate area but some flooding may have occurred in other parts of Austin as rainfall totals as high as 1.41" have been reported. Several of the city's functions, including administrative offices and the University of Texas, closed early today as a precautionary measure. The scale of impacts in Austin are going to depend on how far west/east Bill goes, but generally it is anticipated that heavy rainfall and flooding will occur at this rate. I'll keep you guys posted on Bill's effects in Austin as time goes on.
0 likes   
ImageImageImage
- Treat my opinions with a grain of salt. For official information see your local weather service.

Return to “2015”