Guests... Take a moment and join Storm2k!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#101 Postby southerngale » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:55 pm

samrulz226 and keneth - Welcome to Storm2k! :)
0 likes   

OverlandHurricane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Guests...

#102 Postby OverlandHurricane » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 pm

The counter says that I posted here once before, but I think this is the first post I recollect.

I lurked big time during Hurricane Dean, registered before Hurricane Ike, and am now enjoying the conversations and coverage here. I might not have much to say, but I'm glad to see folks who do.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#103 Postby CajunMama » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:42 pm

OverlandHurricane wrote:The counter says that I posted here once before, but I think this is the first post I recollect.

I lurked big time during Hurricane Dean, registered before Hurricane Ike, and am now enjoying the conversations and coverage here. I might not have much to say, but I'm glad to see folks who do.

If you click on your profile you can then click on "Search users posts" and it'll show you your posts. Your first post from 9/12/08...

First post over here. I apologize in advance if this is humor at someone else's expense, but it seems we could all use a laugh here. I just got a text message from a friend of mine. She's hunkered down in Katy. I'm paraphrasing what the message said, but here's the gist of it:

"The mayor of Houston has just put out a press release stating that Houston will change it's name to Tina Turner, because it's fixing to get slugged by Ike!" :lol:

Stay safe out there.

You should post more!!!!!!! :lol:
0 likes   

GenuineIndianGuru
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#104 Postby GenuineIndianGuru » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi everyone. Derek from Cape Breton Island here.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#105 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Welcome to Storm2K Derek!!
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#106 Postby StormingB81 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Well I saw this too and went and made an account. I am over here in Okinawa, Japan. I see we have a tropical depressione formed lets hope it can form to a nice typhoon and hit us.
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#107 Postby Bunkertor » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:55 am

Hey, welcome to " Where weather happens ! "
0 likes   

starblaze
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#108 Postby starblaze » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:16 pm

I got so interested in typhoons since 2nd week of september...and I'm still learning things from here...

Saying Hi to everyone, from the Philippines!!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#109 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:58 am

Welcome to S2K!! Hope you continue to learn and enjoy yourself here.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

HurricaneQueen
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#110 Postby HurricaneQueen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:12 am

I am really glad to see we are attracting more members espcially from the Pacific region where all the actions seems to be this year.

It would be SO helpful, if members would add their general location in their user profile. It's often hard to guess whether someone is in a dangerous area.

Where ever you are located, if you are in harm's way, please know that our thoughts are with you. :)

Lynn
0 likes   
GO FLORIDA GATORS

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#111 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:56 am

HurricaneQueen wrote:I am really glad to see we are attracting more members espcially from the Pacific region where all the actions seems to be this year.

It would be SO helpful, if members would add their general location in their user profile. It's often hard to guess whether someone is in a dangerous area.

Where ever you are located, if you are in harm's way, please know that our thoughts are with you. :)

Lynn

I echo the above.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

starblaze
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#112 Postby starblaze » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:50 am

I'm very happy to be here! I get updated with the tropical depressions entering our country, and i could tell my parents easily XD

thank you for your great hospitality everyone!!
0 likes   

oaba09
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#113 Postby oaba09 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:17 am

I never posted here when I joined so here you go....Hello to everyone! I'm not a a pro met and I'm definitely no weather expert....Typhoons facinate me and I wanna learn more about them....I've already been a member here for a couple of days and I already learned a lot....You guys have been very helpfull! :D
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#114 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:36 pm

We are so glad to have you as new members here. We hope that we can continue to be a help to you, especially during times of a tropical threat or TC affecting your area. Always be safe!! Welcome to S2K!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

metenthusiast
Category 1
Category 1

#115 Postby metenthusiast » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:42 am

Hello! I am new here and I am from the Philippines. I am no Met Expert, just a keen observer who recently caught interest in meteorology. This is a very nice organization and I like it here.

Thanks guys!
0 likes   

ManilaTC
WesternPacificWeather.com
WesternPacificWeather.com

#116 Postby ManilaTC » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:24 am

Hi Guys,

My name is Clark and I am from Manila, Philippines.

Found this forum very informative as I am a storm tracking enthusiast from Grade school hehehe... So i would say that I have some experience :D

I also have my own site as well.

Looking forward to post!
0 likes   
The above post is NOT official and should not be used as such. It is my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. Please refer to your official national weather agency.

WEB http://goo.gl/JDiKXB | FB https://goo.gl/N5sIle | @ManilaTC

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#117 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:38 am

Welcome aboard Clark. Glad to have another of our Phillipine friends on site. Hope we continue to be helpful. We look forward to your participation.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

fogbreath
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#118 Postby fogbreath » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:30 am

I guess I wanted to say hi as well.

I found this site last year when Ike was bearing down on the Texas coast, and I've checked in a lot since then. I've always been a weather junkie - maybe I was keenly aware of hurricanes and the like spending my early years in Florida. Being in a somewhat predictable area of the country weather-wise, I usually have to check out other parts of the country & world for the more unusual stuff, and I've learned a lot just from reading people's posts.

I got drawn out of lurking by the recent string of typhoons that have hit the Philippines - my parents are both from there and of course we all have interest in seeing what's been happening and trying to help out best we can in relief efforts.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#119 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:59 am

Welcome aboard Fogbreath. How appropriate for some areas of N CA!! My uncle lives in Pleasanton. I haven't been out to SFB area since 1989 when my Grandma passed, but I loved spending my summers out there as a tween. We look forward to observations from your area!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

dowdavek
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#120 Postby dowdavek » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:51 pm

Still pretty new here. I'm a young weather enthusiast. I've had the great opportunity to live abroad in both Italy, and currently in Guam. I became interested in the weather while living in the Mediterranean sea. The winter wind storms we experienced drew me in to learning everything I could about the amazing phenomena of weather. I appreciate the knowledge and time that users share on this site and hope to learn much more as I continue to read and contribute to the forums as often as I can. For those newbies like me welcome! :D
0 likes   
David D. :)

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”