Guests... Take a moment and join Storm2k!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#141 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Welcome all. We all shared the facination of tropical storm formation so you're in good company. :-)
0 likes   

SoldMayor
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Re: Guests... Take a moment and join Storm2k!

#142 Postby SoldMayor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:57 am

Hi.

I am new on this forum..
But i looking @ this forum for a long time.

I am 18 years old and from the Netherlands, Europe.
I like to watch storms around the world.

[sorry, my english is not so good]

:D
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#143 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:53 am

Sometimes our English is not so good either. Just ask our English friends. :-) Welcome to Storm2k!
0 likes   

cigtyme
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#144 Postby cigtyme » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:00 am

Been a tropical weather nut for my whole life. From SE La and been thru some bad ones!
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

~FlipFlopGirl~
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#145 Postby ~FlipFlopGirl~ » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi from Texas! Love how informative this site is!
0 likes   

southjetty
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#146 Postby southjetty » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:24 pm

I found this forum last month. I like the varied analyses of the tropical occurrances throughout their development. I became more interested in tropical weather in 2003 when I had to evacuate Mustang Island for Claudette. Lucky for me, she turned north and hit around Port O'Connor. Each hurricane season has increased my interest.

I have virtually no weather knowledge, but look forward to following tropical weather on this board.

Ronnie
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#147 Postby Portastorm » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Nice to see a couple of fellow central Texans come onboard (Waco and Austin). Welcome to you both!
0 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#148 Postby abajan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:29 am

SoldMayor wrote:Hi.

I am new on this forum..
But i looking @ this forum for a long time.

I am 18 years old and from the Netherlands, Europe.
I like to watch storms around the world.

[sorry, my english is not so good]

:D
Your English is actually quite good. There are only a few errors I spotted:
  • Change the two dots at the end of line one to an ellipses
  • Change “But i looking @ this forum for a long time.” to “But I have been looking @ this forum for a long time.” or “But I’ve been looking at this forum for a long time.”
  • Change “[sorry, my english is not so good]” to “(Sorry, my English is not so good.)”
Please feel free to PM me anytime if you are unsure about the correctness of grammar in a post. Of course, you can also check Grammar Girl.

Welcome aboard Storm2K, SoldMayor!
0 likes   

Dydion
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#149 Postby Dydion » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi, all. I am a guy who lives in SELA and hates going through hurricanes, but am fascinated by their genesis and tracks. A lot of the weather terms and definitions are slowly sinking in and I found a lot of stuff to be much more understandable after reading these posts.

I appreciate the help and info given to posters. I have questions sometimes, but generally have found my answers by looking around here at other posts and Google. :) I appreciate the politesse, humor, and professionalism on this site and although I'm not much of a poster I hope I don't ask too many stupid questions...

Thanks to all you pro mets and amateurs who contribute here and to our understanding of these weather things we go through! :flag:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#150 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:18 pm

First of all Welcome to Storm2k!! Second, there are no stupid questions(unless someone has just answered it in the last post :cheesy: j/k). One thing we pride ourselves on is the learning environment available here. Please don't be just a lurker, post away.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

andrewsurvivor
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#151 Postby andrewsurvivor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Long time follower, recent member. I've wanted to have an opportunity to express my respect and gratitude for all the expert information you relay on this site. I've had a fascination with weather my entire life, however, I don't have the expertise to offer any input but certainly do enjoy all the threads. I went through Hurricane Andrew living in South Dade (3 houses from the Tamiami Airport field). Since then, have been a hard core tropical weather follower. If there is ever anything I can do for any of you on these posts, please don't hesitate to let me know. Hoping for a safe season for all!
0 likes   

Yat
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#152 Postby Yat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello all! Well, I did it, I registered after lurking about for the past two weeks. I'll probably continue to lurk seeing how I know almost nothing about all those charts y'all are putting up on the boards, but I am learning a bit here and there as y'all post. It's really cool to watch y'all go back and forth over which storm is going to develop and which way it's going to go. Just think of me as a shy groupie.

To SoldMayer: Your English is fine, and a whole lot better than my Dutch. (I've got maybe seven words I can use to get myself about in the NL and not one of them is going to help me find a bathroom. You've got yourself one awesome country there.)
0 likes   

DisasterMagnet
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#153 Postby DisasterMagnet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:58 am

Good morning everyone-
I'm so glad I found this site! I'm a total weather geek, especially for tropical systems. Someday I hope to return to school to study meteorology (Is Valpo any good?). My history with severe & tropical weather goes far back, starting with Hurricane Agnes in 1972.

While I was in college studying Marine Biology, I experienced several tropical systems, most notably Hurricane Marilyn.

This site is really fantastic!

p.s. I see that some of you are disappointed in this season- I believe it is about to get nuts out there.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#154 Postby Stephanie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 pm

It's great to have you, DisasterMagnet, Yat and andrewsurvivor a part of the website. Welcome and enjoy! :D
0 likes   

andrewsurvivor
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#155 Postby andrewsurvivor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:53 am

Thank you, Stephanie! The site is amazingly informative and friendly. Perhaps off topic, however, I find it interesting how many people have written off the season. Although not an expert in any way, shape or form, I can say after living in So. Florida for 30 years that the tropics are full of surprises. Living through Andrew has taught me to keep your guard up every season...it just takes one. How many people wrote off 1992 in an El Nino year and almost September until we had our first storm. The old motto "hope for the best but plan for the worst" needs to be applied every season regardless of predictions. Again, many thanks for the warm welcome.
0 likes   

YB2010
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#156 Postby YB2010 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Hello all. Have had the fascination for hurricanes for some years now, watching the swirling monsters birth and grow, learning a bit more each year about the science and forecasting behind them. A bit more each year, and active years especially learning more when the interest is peaked. Watching those storms roll off the coast of Africa and into the waters of Cape Verde, to begin wondering how, why, where will it go...how will it grow?

I was 10 yrs old when I started. I'm 16 now, and as it looks like this season is beginning to heat up, I thought I should join somewhere to learn more about them. The science and techniques behind the forecast. So thanks for being here! Now off to go read and learn.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#157 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Welcome to STORM2K. You've come to a great place to learn.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

ehjn
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#158 Postby ehjn » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:39 pm

and another who has been viewing for a few years, living in Cayman especially since Ivan makes one take a keen interest in what is going on during H Season. V useful site thx
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#159 Postby artist » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:42 pm

ehjn wrote:and another who has been viewing for a few years, living in Cayman especially since Ivan makes one take a keen interest in what is going on during H Season. V useful site thx

Welcome! As you say, it is a very useful site! And lot's of pro mets as well as many skilled amateurs post here.
0 likes   

Gabeseth24
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#160 Postby Gabeseth24 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:39 pm

Just joined but been a follower for a while.
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”