Guests... Take a moment and join Storm2k!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Encrypt
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Re: Guests...

#81 Postby Encrypt » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:30 am

Hello,

Been a viewer of this site for many many years. I remember coming here to watch Ivan :eek:

Well as you can see I accepted the invite!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#82 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:12 pm

Welcome aboard!! You're from my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Gulf Breeze and graduated Woodham High School. I won't tell you when though!!!! :ggreen:
0 likes   

desertrat75
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#83 Postby desertrat75 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:21 pm

I found this site pre-Katrina. As a Homestead, FL resident during Andrew, I found myself morbidly intrigued by the real effects of a major hurricane. Wow. That was stupid as hell. I can personally attest that hurricanes suck. But having learned so much from that experience, I can't help reading the minute by minute predictions that engulf these forums, and think that this kind of open debate from professionals and amateurs alike can only help to further awareness and understanding of these incredible events.

Thanks storm2k people.
0 likes   

Encrypt
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#84 Postby Encrypt » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:59 pm

vbhoutex wrote:Welcome aboard!! You're from my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Gulf Breeze and graduated Woodham High School. I won't tell you when though!!!! :ggreen:

thanks for the welcome
0 likes   

senorpepr
Military Met/Moderator
Military Met/Moderator

#85 Postby senorpepr » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Welcome everyone who has recently joined -- whether you're a long time lurker (like I used to be) or have recently found us, we're happy to have you.
0 likes   

dcameron
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#86 Postby dcameron » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:21 pm

Saw the "guests..." thread and thought I would throw in my hello as well. Been "lurking" for 4-5 years myself and always enjoy monitoring the conversations and Pro-met perspectives on where storms are going.

Thanks for encouraging us to weigh in...
0 likes   

Carrie
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#87 Postby Carrie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Hey. I'm (obviously) Carrie. I live along the WI/IL border, and have lived here all my 30+ years, except I lived in Mexico for 5 months in 2002. I am a life-long weather person. An early memory of mine is putting stickers on my dining room wall so I could do 'forecasts'. I had a pointer and everything. I love thunderstorms, tornados, hurricanes... but HATE winter weather. Snow is one thing, but I hate cold weather. Go figure, I still live here... :roll: Maybe a move to Tampa is in my future though....

A lot of my time in Mexico was in Cancun, where I experienced the outer effects of Hurricane Isidore in Sept of that year. Isidore hugged the northern coast of the Yucatan as a Cat 3 then slammed Merida as a Cat 4 and stayed there over a day before turning north. That impacted me in the following days and weeks as Merida is the major supply for the northern Yucatan and all roads out were affected. For example, there was no bread to be found in Cancun for 2+ weeks! There was noticeable beach erosion along Cancun as well. Could have also been a far-outer effect from Lili, which threatened me a week or so later then at the last minute spared me.

I watched in horror as Wilma tore up my 'other home'. But I watched in admiration as in the face of NOLA the Mexican people came together and rebuilt. I did return to Cozumel in May of this year and was delighted to see for myself how they have rebuilt, 'We're back and then some' was the mantra in Cancun the following year, and that is the way to describe Cozumel now as well... though I'm still waiting to see Cancun with my own eyes.

Carrie
:)
0 likes   

TYNI
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#88 Postby TYNI » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:11 pm

I am also a newly registered, but long-time lurker (doesn't sound right, eh?). This site has been an amazing resource for me, not just in tropical cyclone season, but with meteorology being my interest.

I've never been in a hurricane, but experienced the damage, and the pre-landfall chaos of two storms in 2004. I landed in Orlando the day after Charley, and flew out the day before Frances... I call it luck...

I spend all of the winter months shoveling snow, and traveling for hockey... and summers watching storms...
:cold:
0 likes   

sallylou666
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#89 Postby sallylou666 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:27 pm

I took you up on your invitation and registered. Thanks for the invite. I'm in Houston and currently waiting for the arrival of Ike. :eek: We've got all of our supplies and will be sheltering in place, as they say. Thanks to all for their kindness during this stressful time. 8-)
0 likes   

stormygirl
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#90 Postby stormygirl » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Howdy :) I haven't been lurking long (just since Gustav) and joined up the other day.
This is a great forum with lots of interesting info!! I've always been fascinated with both tornadoes and hurricanes ever since I was a kid. :?: No idea why.

Anywho just buckling down for Ike! Thanks for the invite!
0 likes   

dizzyfish
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#91 Postby dizzyfish » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:45 pm

Welcome to all! We hope you all stay safe. Please let us hear from you after the storm passes so we will know you are o.k.!
0 likes   

Deathray
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#92 Postby Deathray » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:51 pm

I have always been fascinated by the raw power of hurricanes and the relative uncertainity of their future path and strength

I registered to post what I was seeing from the images... I like to connect dots (figuratively speaking)

I'm in Ontario, Canada so I doubt I'll ever actually experience a hurricane although Ike's going to sweep by lol... I find hurricanes impressive and amazing because I've never been in one, maybe after I've experienced it... the amazing will turn into fear
0 likes   

gone2beach
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#93 Postby gone2beach » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:52 am

I just recently joined, too. We're originally from New Hampshire, moved to Kentucky 17 yrs ago and now have moved to the gulf coast of Mississippi this fall, just before Gustav.

I've always been a "weather nut", starting in 6th grade Earth Science. Have been a coop observer and spotter for the NWS for the past 5 years and hope to continue that here.

The information on this site is marvelous. I can't begin to thank all the hard working folks who post here for the education they are passing along and for helping to keep us informed and SAFE!!
0 likes   

Rainband

#94 Postby Rainband » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47 am

Welcome to all the newbies. Let us know if you need anything :D :D
0 likes   

san85
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#95 Postby san85 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:02 am

hi i came here,when nargis warning were issued late in apr 2008.from that i get all weather info in this forum so i joined.thank u all to provied info about TS.it is a great help and fun too. san
0 likes   

thetruesms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#96 Postby thetruesms » Thu May 28, 2009 8:14 pm

hey everyone, back for another season . . . but with an M.S. in meteorology now, instead of just a B.S.
0 likes   

wzrgirl1
Category 5
Category 5

#97 Postby wzrgirl1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Welcome....from sunny south florida (it's actually raining right now) :lol:
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#98 Postby southerngale » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:36 pm

All guests... take a moment to register and say hi! We see you lurking out there! :)
0 likes   

samrulz226
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#99 Postby samrulz226 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Hello All....I have been lurking for many years. I live on the east coast of Florida near the Kennedy Space Center. We survived the 1,2,3 punch of 2004. If Bill plans on making a stop here next weekend, they will be rolling the shuttle back into the VAB delaying the 8/24 launch. I always come here for up to date info when the news channels start sounding like a broken record and have nothing new to report. Today has been Tropical update every 10 mins on our 24 hr news station :roll: Really enjoy reading your forums!!!
Thanks for all you guys and gals do!!!
Michele (CentralFLGal) :sun:
0 likes   

keneth
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#100 Postby keneth » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Hey..
I'm from the west bank of the Pacific.
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”