Suggestion when posting graphics, links, etc.

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Suggestion when posting graphics, links, etc.

#1 Postby CajunMama » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:48 pm

Thought i'd sticky this in this forum also lest some miss it in the general tt forum. This is just a suggestion for those who post graphs, links to model runs, etc. without any explanation to it. We get many novice members who are just learning about weather or have a limited knowlege about weather. Please accompany an explanation of what they are to look for or if you're posting a link to model runs tell them what to click if the page has quite a few options to choose from. Alot of us learned from someone taking the time to explain something to us and it's our turn to pass it on. Image
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby CajunMama » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Bumping this up so we'll remember the novices out there! :D
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Suggestion when posting graphics, links, etc.

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:43 pm

CajunMama wrote:Thought i'd sticky this in this forum also lest some miss it in the general tt forum. This is just a suggestion for those who post graphs, links to model runs, etc. without any explanation to it. We get many novice members who are just learning about weather or have a limited knowlege about weather. Please accompany an explanation of what they are to look for or if you're posting a link to model runs tell them what to click if the page has quite a few options to choose from. Alot of us learned from someone taking the time to explain something to us and it's our turn to pass it on. Image

I AGREE WITH THIS 1000%.
I didn't have the wonderful access to the internet(it didn't exist) when I was learning-I had a wonderful Father that taught me a lot of what I know. Most of our newbies and amateurs don't have the advantage I had of having a weather weenie for a Father. The rest that I know I have learned from the internet and mets and amateurs who have been willing to answer my questions. PLEASE HELP OUT THOSE WITH LESS KNOWLEDGE THAN YOU by doing what is requested above. It doesn't need to be long winded, just a brief explanation would be fine.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby CajunMama » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:03 am

I just want to remind y'all to explain what your picture, model or whatever is that you may post. In chat someone was saying they don't understand all that. Please please please remember that at one time you didn't know either. Remember the person who patiently explained it to you....pay it forward!
0 likes   

HurricaneStriker
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5 Postby HurricaneStriker » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:46 am

I think this is a great idea! It'll help future meteorologists and even little kids that come across this site. I used to go to this site every weekend as a child, but I didn't understand many of the graphics. This is a great idea. AGREE 110%
0 likes   
217 Miles from the Texas Shore

pimentel2
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#6 Postby pimentel2 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:35 pm

HurricaneStriker wrote:I think this is a great idea! It'll help future meteorologists and even little kids that come across this site. I used to go to this site every weekend as a child, but I didn't understand many of the graphics. This is a great idea. AGREE 110%

I agree HurricaneStriker. I'm 14 and an explanation of the graphics would help...a LOT. :)

Word needs to go out though, there are plenty of graphics over at the Earl Discussion thread without any explanation.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”