Tropical/Severe Weather Check-In

Current storms and invests:

Moderators: hurricanetrack, S2k Moderators

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Tropical/Severe Weather Check-In

#41 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:28 pm

lisa0825 wrote:
lisa0825 wrote:
chaser1 wrote:
Lisa, do you have a second floor in your home or is it one story? I am assuming you have no electricity? What about access to fresh water?

One story. A friend with a large truck is going to try to meet me a couple blocks away and take me to their house. Hopefully in a couple hours.

The water receded from my yard pretty well. Still water on the street, but only a foot deep or so, and it is still draining. Hoping for the best tonight.

Do you have any way to sandbag your front door, or other areas that may allow water to enter the home? If the water does rise again, it may at least help to keep some of it out.
1 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#42 Postby chaser1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:10 am

lisa0825 wrote:
lisa0825 wrote:
chaser1 wrote:
Lisa, do you have a second floor in your home or is it one story? I am assuming you have no electricity? What about access to fresh water?

One story. A friend with a large truck is going to try to meet me a couple blocks away and take me to their house. Hopefully in a couple hours.

The water receded from my yard pretty well. Still water on the street, but only a foot deep or so, and it is still draining. Hoping for the best tonight.

Thank heaven!! Yep, hopefully what rain you still may be getting wont be enough to threaten your place or you staying dry
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#43 Postby Kalrany » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:10 am

Checking in. Still ok even with Barker Reservoir opened now. Hubby just got notification that his unit was activated, but flooding concerns make him and the other Houston is in the unit exempt. Good thing too, since we only have one reliable car. :) Anyway, currently ok at this check in. Hope everyone else is doing well.
1 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

lisa0825
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#44 Postby lisa0825 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 am

chaser1 wrote:
lisa0825 wrote:
lisa0825 wrote:

Thank heaven!! Yep, hopefully what rain you still may be getting wont be enough to threaten your place or you staying dry

I drove around the neighborhood this morning. Our nearby bayou is back in its banks, and our roads are clear. However, highways still have issues. Off-ramps closed and people still going both ways on the northbound side of I-45 (at least as of a few hours ago). It is raining again here, but moderately so, and clearing normally.
1 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#45 Postby chaser1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:51 am

:uarrow: Happy to hear that!!!! Stay dry :)
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

LAwxrgal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#46 Postby LAwxrgal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:20 am

I know I haven't logged in in awhile, but I have been in perpetual lurk mode. I am here and safe.

Hurricane Isaac (2012) flooded my house and I was in fact rescued and taken to Shreveport. Since then a lot has happened and I have had health issues.
I am not in the 'immediate' Harvey zone, but I do have relatives in Humble, in the Neva Court area. I have spoken to them and they are okay. We do have some street flooding happening right now as a result of a stubborn rain band.
1 likes   
Andrew 92/Isidore & Lili 02/Bill 03/Katrina & Rita 05/Gustav & Ike 08/Isaac 12 (flooded my house)/Harvey 17/Barry 19/Cristobal 20/Claudette 21/Ida 21 (In the Eye)
Wake me up when November ends

lisa0825
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#47 Postby lisa0825 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:15 pm

lisa0825 wrote:
chaser1 wrote:
lisa0825 wrote:

I drove around the neighborhood this morning. Our nearby bayou is back in its banks, and our roads are clear. However, highways still have issues. Off-ramps closed and people still going both ways on the northbound side of I-45 (at least as of a few hours ago). It is raining again here, but moderately so, and clearing normally.

I am no longer a prisoner at my home! My street cleared enough for me to back my car out of the driveway. I checked on a couple friends homes, and on my way back, I saw that our 2 local taquerias were open! OMG cheese enchiladas never tasted so good! I got them to go, and now I am home having a glass of wine, and feeling relaxed for the first time since last Thursday.

I am sure I will be in tears again shortly, as I watch the continued news coverage, but I have to savor this small moment of normalcy.

I am so grateful to this forum for all the up to the minute info as I weathered this storm. I made a small donation, and will give more when I can.
3 likes   

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#48 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:03 pm

lisa0825 wrote:
lisa0825 wrote:
chaser1 wrote:

I am no longer a prisoner at my home! My street cleared enough for me to back my car out of the driveway. I checked on a couple friends homes, and on my way back, I saw that our 2 local taquerias were open! OMG cheese enchiladas never tasted so good! I got them to go, and now I am home having a glass of wine, and feeling relaxed for the first time since last Thursday.

I am sure I will be in tears again shortly, as I watch the continued news coverage, but I have to savor this small moment of normalcy.

I am so grateful to this forum for all the up to the minute info as I weathered this storm. I made a small donation, and will give more when I can.

So glad to hear that the situation is improving for you!
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

LAwxrgal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#49 Postby LAwxrgal » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:52 pm

lisa0825 Happy to hear your situation is improving!

Also, anyone heard from southerngale? I know she is in Beaumont... heartbreaking images from there. I am fond of the place, have passed through there on my way to visit my sister...

CajunMama is in southwest Louisiana, is she okay as well??

Also anyone else I missed, anyone else in this mess okay?
0 likes   
Andrew 92/Isidore & Lili 02/Bill 03/Katrina & Rita 05/Gustav & Ike 08/Isaac 12 (flooded my house)/Harvey 17/Barry 19/Cristobal 20/Claudette 21/Ida 21 (In the Eye)
Wake me up when November ends

Pearl River
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#50 Postby Pearl River » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:02 pm

So far here in Pearl River, I've received about 2.95 inches of rain since Monday. I wish everyone else west of here would have only gotten this much. I have had a very wet Summer though. So far about for the Summer I've received over 18 inches of rain. Still it's nothing compared to our friends in Texas and SWLa. Prayers are still with you guys and gals.
0 likes   

dizzyfish
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#51 Postby dizzyfish » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:12 pm

@LAwxrgal

This is from page 379
Re: ATL: HARVEY - Tropical Storm - Discussion
#7572 Postby jasons » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Southerngale has been rescued to a local a church!! She is out, thank God.
2 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#52 Postby tolakram » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:21 pm

I'd like to see a couple more check in.

lrak (Karl)
ROCK

Anyone else we know we're missing?
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

TexasSam
Category 2
Category 2

#53 Postby TexasSam » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Since things have finally started to calm down a bit now. I live on a street that everyone said has never flooded, not to worry about parking on the street. 4am Saturday I look out the front door, and water's up the the front bumper. A little water got in the floor boards, nothing major didn't get to the computer, got most of the water out today. Wow, that rain lightning, thunder, and wind was crazy for a while. A ok now.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#54 Postby CajunMama » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:12 pm

LAwxrgal wrote:lisa0825 Happy to hear your situation is improving!

Also, anyone heard from southerngale? I know she is in Beaumont... heartbreaking images from there. I am fond of the place, have passed through there on my way to visit my sister...

I'm safe, sound and dry. Now a year ago was a different story. Dry air was our friend here in south central LA with Harvey. Thank you for caring :28:
2 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#55 Postby O Town » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:30 pm

CajunMama wrote:
LAwxrgal wrote:lisa0825 Happy to hear your situation is improving!

I'm safe, sound and dry. Now a year ago was a different story. Dry air was our friend here in south central LA with Harvey. Thank you for caring :28:

Great to hear from ya mama! Was definitely wondering how you were making out. Good to hear you are high and dry. 8-)
1 likes   

#ORLANDOSTRONG

flamingosun
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#56 Postby flamingosun » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:44 am

A copy/past from the Harvey board -

Here is an update from Southerngale. Someone please post in check-in:

Good morning. I can't keep up with all the texts, messages, group messages, phone calls, Facebook, etc. Can't respond to everyone.
I got a hot meal last night and this morning and a baby wipe bath last night and dry clothes and shoes that were donated here. The few clothes I brought got wet on the way here and my shoes were wet. We had to walk through a lot of water. A nice lady is washing my wet clothes and I will finally get a hot shower when my clothes return. A few people are taking us a few at a time to their homes for showers. I haven't had a shower in 3 days.
I have no idea what's going to happen next. Taking it one day or hour at a time.
A lot of Sour Lake is underwater. The fire department came last night and said that the area of Sour Lake we are in is essentially an island. He said 5 ton military trucks can't get here from any direction so they are flying in cots, hot food and supplies supposedly today. I don't even have a hairbrush.
Our elementary school, middle school and high school in Sour Lake all flooded.
It took hours to get here yesterday. It took 3 different boats, a truck and trailer and a school bus to reach the shelter, transferring from one another to make it here. Hwy 105 flooded. I've never seen so many floating cars and debris in my life. It's insane.
I lost my house, everything in it and cars. I feel so lost. My entire community of Pinewood (guessing 500-600 homes flooded and flooded bad as well as the Country Club, little store and small church. That's all that's there. It's horrific and devastating. I couldn't find my cats in the house so they are still there. Lowered the attic stairs before it got too deep so I'm praying they make it. Unfortunately my 12 year old dog just died of cancer about a week ago. That was devastating as well. Please keep praying...
1 likes   

flamingosun
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#57 Postby flamingosun » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Has anyone heard from Southerngale lately?
0 likes   

nutkin517
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#58 Postby nutkin517 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:10 pm

flamingosun wrote:Has anyone heard from Southerngale lately?

I was wondering about her too. I believe she was in Pinewood, I want to say? I know there were pictures from there with street signs under water.
0 likes   

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#59 Postby WeatherGuesser » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Lots of Caribbean folks unheard from recently.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#60 Postby CajunMama » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:44 pm

nutkin517 wrote:
flamingosun wrote:Has anyone heard from Southerngale lately?

I was wondering about her too. I believe she was in Pinewood, I want to say? I know there were pictures from there with street signs under water.

She lost everything. She had even moved her vehicles twice and they still got flooded out. It's going to be a long long road for her and her family :(
0 likes   

Return to “Active Storms/Invests - Atlantic/EastPAC/CentralPAC/MED”