Tropical/Severe Weather Check-In

Current storms and invests:

Moderators: hurricanetrack, S2k Moderators

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Hybridstorm_November2001
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#21 Postby Hybridstorm_November2001 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:58 pm

I'm safe, Kyle wasn't much of a storm this far west.
Last edited by Hybridstorm_November2001 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby artist » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:41 pm

I heard from msbee and she asked me to let everyone know they are ok. Here is her message -

hey ok here. but no internet at hem..hone...no electricity.. probably going to be a long time. island is in a messbut no major structural damge
tell everyone for me please?

I'll keep in touch when I can
0 likes   

meteorologyman
Category 2
Category 2

Re: Tropical/Severe Weather Check-In

#23 Postby meteorologyman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:38 pm

This afternoon a strong line of storms came through Central Florida around 2:00 pm. I just went to my girlfriends house and her neighbors roof was blown off and landed in her yard. Fire engines arrived to the area and concluded there was no tornado. Her yard is also flooded actually the whole kissimmee park road area is at risk of flooding. The East Lake Tohopekaliga is getting close to the top. another foot to go and then it crest over. right now the whole area is flooded and all the standing water is running into the lake.
0 likes   

wyq614
Category 3
Category 3
Location: Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China, 36.06N 120.43E)

#24 Postby wyq614 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Well all the afternoons from June 28 to July 1 thunder, rain and hailstorm arrive in my hometown Qingdao on time. It also destroyed crops and damaged houses in the suburbs with tornado occurred in some locals. I'm ok anyway. :D
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#25 Postby CajunMama » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:08 am

I just want to repeat this....

Could everyone please pm me or Southerngale with your contact numbers for the Severe Weather Check-in policy? If you've already sent yours in, then we should have it on file but being that many of you sent your info in back in 2005 it may not be current!

Your numbers will only be seen by me, Southerngale, mfdolphin and vbhoutex. We feel that we can cover the clock very well by having a few of us with them but they will never be used for purposes other than the above mentioned unless you initiate it and we will not share them with anyone else. We want to make sure all of our members are safe during tropical season and other severe weather in your area and we don't hear from you. If you do experience severe weather, please post as soon as you can to let everyone know you are ok.

Edit to add: Please include your city and your first name. How funny would it be for me to say, call southerngale, "Hello, may i speak to southerngale please? this is cajunmama from storm2k checking to see if you were ok after hurricane x. We didn't see you back on the board after and we were worried." :lol:
1 likes   

somethingfunny
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#26 Postby somethingfunny » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:23 am

To our friends in the Windward Islands, please let us know you're okay after the storm passes.
0 likes   
I am not a meteorologist, and any posts made by me are not official forecasts or to be interpreted as being intelligent. These posts are just my opinions and are probably silly opinions.

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#27 Postby CajunMama » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Repeating again!!!!

Could everyone please pm me or Southerngale with your contact numbers for the Severe Weather Check-in policy? If you've already sent yours in, then we should have it on file but being that many of you sent your info in back in 2005 it may not be current!

Your numbers will only be seen by me, Southerngale, mfdolphin and vbhoutex. We feel that we can cover the clock very well by having a few of us with them but they will never be used for purposes other than the above mentioned unless you initiate it and we will not share them with anyone else. We want to make sure all of our members are safe during tropical season and other severe weather in your area and we don't hear from you. If you do experience severe weather, there will be a separate check-in thread so please post as soon as you can to let everyone know you are ok.

Edit to add: Please include your city and your first name. How funny would it be for me to say, call southerngale, "Hello, may i speak to southerngale please? this is cajunmama from storm2k checking to see if you were ok after hurricane x. We didn't see you back on the board after and we were worried." :lol:
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#28 Postby artist » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:35 am

CajunMama wrote:Repeating again!!!!

Your numbers will only be seen by me, Southerngale, mfdolphin and vbhoutex. We feel that we can cover the clock very well by having a few of us with them but they will never be used for purposes other than the above mentioned unless you initiate it and we will not share them with anyone else. We want to make sure all of our members are safe during tropical season and other severe weather in your area and we don't hear from you. If you do experience severe weather, there will be a separate check-in thread so please post as soon as you can to let everyone know you are ok.

bump
0 likes   

Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#29 Postby Dave » Mon May 13, 2013 12:04 pm

CajunMama wrote:Could everyone please pm me or Southerngale with your contact numbers for the Severe Weather Check-in policy? If you've already sent yours in, then we should have it on file but being that many of you sent your info in back in 2005 it may not be current!

Your numbers will only be seen by me, Southerngale, Chad,Marshall and David. We feel that we can cover the clock very well by having a few of us with them but they will never be used for purposes other than the above mentioned unless you initiate it and we will not share them with anyone else. We want to make sure all of our members are safe during tropical season and other severe weather in your area and we don't hear from you. If you do experience severe weather, please post as soon as you can to let everyone know you are ok.

0 likes   

zeehag
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#30 Postby zeehag » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:47 pm

patricia was a mean lady but i am too mean to die.
despite reports of no damages , there was much damage from that wicked beauty. folks did die, entire towns and fruit farms are gone, employment opps gone for many here. it will be a tight time for a while.
bananas and other tropical fruits may be a tad pricier in the real world... we havent any here. patricia was hungry at picking time. we do have coconuts.....
my fone changes. when i have all the numbers i will post. i am only one to answer the fone. unless i am dead or indisposed(dead)....this one is mexico 052 3151105560. it has email also and facebook chat and messenger and watzappppp.....is a samsung a 5 cell smartassfone.... puter too.
0 likes   
life is an adventure meant to be LIVED!!!

http://www.sksolitarybird.org

Darvince
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#31 Postby Darvince » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:24 am

At the beginning of the Patricia thread I was already worried about you because of the insanely favorable conditions she had, but when she became the strongest EPAC 'cane on record I got damn worried. I'm very glad to hear you're still alive (most importantly) and relatively safe!
2 likes   
:craz:

zeehag
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#32 Postby zeehag » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:58 pm

am in mazatlan now. we rarely see action.. HOWEVER......
0 likes   
life is an adventure meant to be LIVED!!!

http://www.sksolitarybird.org

Thetxhurricanemaster
Category 1
Category 1

#33 Postby Thetxhurricanemaster » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:07 am

I'm stuck in corpus I work at the airport they had me close it I'm a supervisor I'm gonna be stuck what should I do
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#34 Postby chaser1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:21 am

Thetxhurricanemaster wrote:I'm stuck in corpus I work at the airport they had me close it I'm a supervisor I'm gonna be stuck what should I do

Too late now I suppose, but I sure do home you scraped out all the nickel, dime, and quarter change from your car. I don't see the Zbarro Pizza staff returning to the airport concourse for days and those candy, snack, and soda machines might just be what separates a typical week on the show Survivor, from your situation. Beyond that, any effort to distance yourself from all those glass windows would be a safe bet. Safest spots likely being any of the many bathrooms there. Jeez, an airport has gotta be quite the lonely place to be stranded and all alone during a hurricane. The good news (hopefully), is that there should be emergency lighing yhat remains on, and that as Harvey weakens.... other Emergency fire/police/airport staff will likely be able to move about the roads as Harvey weakens to minimal hurricane strength in about 24-36 hours
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

lisa0825
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#35 Postby lisa0825 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:51 am

Well, I am pretty sure my house is going to be toast. It hasn't taken in water yet, but it is only about 10 feet away from my front door, and the rain is unrelenting. If the house doesn't flood tonight, it won't last another day of this. I don't know how to handle this. :-(
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#36 Postby tolakram » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:24 am

lisa0825 wrote:Well, I am pretty sure my house is going to be toast. It hasn't taken in water yet, but it is only about 10 feet away from my front door, and the rain is unrelenting. If the house doesn't flood tonight, it won't last another day of this. I don't know how to handle this. :-(

Good luck Lisa, stay safe!
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#37 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Bumping this up...this is a very important resource. This community can come together now, and help each other, from all areas of the country. We look after our own.
2 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#38 Postby chaser1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 pm

lisa0825 wrote:Well, I am pretty sure my house is going to be toast. It hasn't taken in water yet, but it is only about 10 feet away from my front door, and the rain is unrelenting. If the house doesn't flood tonight, it won't last another day of this. I don't know how to handle this. :-(

Lisa, do you have a second floor in your home or is it one story? I am assuming you have no electricity? What about access to fresh water?
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

lisa0825
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#39 Postby lisa0825 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:02 pm

chaser1 wrote:

Lisa, do you have a second floor in your home or is it one story? I am assuming you have no electricity? What about access to fresh water?

One story. A friend with a large truck is going to try to meet me a couple blocks away and take me to their house. Hopefully in a couple hours.
1 likes   

lisa0825
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#40 Postby lisa0825 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:27 pm

lisa0825 wrote:
chaser1 wrote:

One story. A friend with a large truck is going to try to meet me a couple blocks away and take me to their house. Hopefully in a couple hours.

The water receded from my yard pretty well. Still water on the street, but only a foot deep or so, and it is still draining. Hoping for the best tonight.
1 likes   

Return to “Active Storms/Invests - Atlantic/EastPAC/CentralPAC/MED”