tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: MARIA - Models

#1221 Postby tolakram » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:38 pm

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#1222 Postby tolakram » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Not much run to run difference from the 18z
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#1223 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:41 pm

tolakram wrote:Not much run to run difference from the 18z

yeah.. interesting.. still way too strong for jose.. just does not make sense..
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1224 Postby chaser1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:

yeah.. interesting.. still way too strong for jose.. just does not make sense..

Aric, I'm beginning to wonder if Jose truly becomes blocked at that forecasted latitude, that it just barely remains south of the quickly falling isotherms??
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1225 Postby AtlanticWind » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Looks like slight shift east, need some good news
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1226 Postby chaser1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Nope, none that I can see either
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

MWatkins
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1227 Postby MWatkins » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Only significant difference I see through 72 hours is the mid low to the east of Maria is weaker.

MW
1 likes   
Updating on the twitter now: http://www.twitter.com/@watkinstrack

FlyMolo
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#1228 Postby FlyMolo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:58 pm

MWatkins wrote:Only significant difference I see through 72 hours is the mid low to the east of Maria is weaker.

MW

Jose is further west.
0 likes   

AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1229 Postby AtlanticWind » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Pretty good shift east at 96 hours,feeling better at least here in south florida
1 likes   

FlyMolo
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#1230 Postby FlyMolo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:10 pm

AtlanticWind wrote:Pretty good shift east at 96 hours,feeling better at least here in south florida

South Florida yes, Carolinas no. Jose is weaker and further west this run. The ULL in the Gulf is also stronger. These are not trends that are good to see. If this keeps up models will be showing landfall within the next few days.
3 likes   

WeatherEmperor
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1231 Postby WeatherEmperor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 pm

FlyMolo wrote:
AtlanticWind wrote:Pretty good shift east at 96 hours,feeling better at least here in south florida

South Florida yes, Carolinas no. Jose is weaker and further west this run. The ULL in the Gulf is also stronger. These are not trends that are good to see. If this keeps up models will be showing landfall within the next few days.

GFS even further East at 144hrs.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
0 likes   

FlyMolo
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#1232 Postby FlyMolo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 pm

WeatherEmperor wrote:
FlyMolo wrote:

GFS even further East at 144hrs.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

I'm more interested in the overall trend than one GFS run.
2 likes   

AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1233 Postby AtlanticWind » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:15 pm

FlyMolo wrote:

It's possible , but have a better feeling as we go on that there is a good chance this will miss the US ,
Know it's not anyway a sure thing but crossing fingers and toes after Harvey and Irma.
1 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1234 Postby chaser1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 pm

FlyMolo wrote:

Agreed. I was noticing at 114 hr. how much weaker Jose was as compared to prior runs for the same time frame. In addition to that, the Great Lakes ridging appeared to be a bit stronger than prior runs for the same time frame also. Need to look out for any quicker weakening (or pulling out entirely) of Jose as potential harbinger of future westward track adjustments
0 likes   

FlyMolo
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#1235 Postby FlyMolo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 pm

AtlanticWind wrote:
FlyMolo wrote:

It's possible , but have a better feeling as we go on that there is a good chance this will miss the US ,
Know it's not anyway a sure thing but crossing fingers and toes after Harvey and Irma.

I'm with you 100%. Watching those images of Dominica earlier was enough for me. I want OTS as much as the next person. Fingers crossed!
1 likes   

FlyMolo
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#1236 Postby FlyMolo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 pm

chaser1 wrote:
FlyMolo wrote:

Agreed. I was noticing at 114 hr. how much weaker Jose was as compared to prior runs for the same time frame. In addition to that, the Great Lakes ridging appeared to be a bit stronger than prior runs for the same time frame also. Need to look out for any quicker weakening (or pulling out entirely) of Jose as potential harbinger of future westward track adjustments

I think we're on the same page! Looks like I'm staying up for the Euro again to check for agreement. I swear I never get any sleep come hurricane season.
1 likes   

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#1237 Postby floridasun78 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:19 pm

look jose will keep maria between Bermuda and outterbank maybe bermuda could get windy day depend how east go ts wind i do not see them getting hurr gust their may need watch her on friday incase
1 likes   

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1238 Postby fci » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:22 pm

Honestly, South Florida should have steadily felt better over the past several days as the models have consistently shown no danger for us.
0 likes   
My posts are just my opinion and are most likely not backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Bottom line is that I am just expressing my opinion!!!

AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1239 Postby AtlanticWind » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:25 pm

fci wrote:

Honestly, South Florida should have steadily felt better over the past several days as the models have consistently shown no danger for us.

I was just worried about how the models were possibly handling (or mishandling) jose
0 likes   

AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1240 Postby AtlanticWind » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Last minute turn on gfs saves New England ,well not exactly last minute but too close for comfort
1 likes   

Return to “2017”