ATL: MARIA: Obs,Web Cams,Local Weather Statements: Leewards,U.S/BVI Virgin Islands.Puerto Rico,DR,Bahamas

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Rincoin
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: MARIA: Obs,Web Cams,Local Weather Statements: Leewards,U.S/BVI Virgin Islands.Puerto Rico,DR,Bahamas

#21 Postby Rincoin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Update from rincon. Hope u r well gusty and cyclone. We took some larger winds than expected on this side because of the wobble west that happened at the wrong time. Still obviously are without power, water etc. Gasoline is a big challenge. It will be a long road back but we are all helping each other through it and Puerto Rico will be back stronger than ever. Lots of destruction with Maria but we are safe and we were lucky ones that had roof stay on our wood house. Many areas of Puerto Rico need pressing help still up in the mountains. Communications huge challenge. May be able to get more out as comms come up.
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: MARIA: Obs,Web Cams,Local Weather Statements: Leewards,U.S/BVI Virgin Islands.Puerto Rico,DR,Bahamas

#22 Postby tolakram » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Rincoin wrote:Update from rincon. Hope u r well gusty and cyclone. We took some larger winds than expected on this side because of the wobble west that happened at the wrong time. Still obviously are without power, water etc. Gasoline is a big challenge. It will be a long road back but we are all helping each other through it and Puerto Rico will be back stronger than ever. Lots of destruction with Maria but we are safe and we were lucky ones that had roof stay on our wood house. Many areas of Puerto Rico need pressing help still up in the mountains. Communications huge challenge. May be able to get more out as comms come up.

Thanks for checking in. We have not heard from Luis yet, hoping it's just a communication issue.
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby Gustywind » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 pm

tolakram wrote:
Rincoin wrote:Update from rincon. Hope u r well gusty and cyclone. We took some larger winds than expected on this side because of the wobble west that happened at the wrong time. Still obviously are without power, water etc. Gasoline is a big challenge. It will be a long road back but we are all helping each other through it and Puerto Rico will be back stronger than ever. Lots of destruction with Maria but we are safe and we were lucky ones that had roof stay on our wood house. Many areas of Puerto Rico need pressing help still up in the mountains. Communications huge challenge. May be able to get more out as comms come up.

Thanks for checking in. We have not heard from Luis yet, hoping it's just a communication issue.

Hope we will see him one day :cry: :cry: :cry: because of i cannot imagine that he will not be on the board after already 2weeks... :sadly:
3 likes   

msbee
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#24 Postby msbee » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:35 pm

Gustywind wrote:
tolakram wrote:
Rincoin wrote:Update from rincon. Hope u r well gusty and cyclone. We took some larger winds than expected on this side because of the wobble west that happened at the wrong time. Still obviously are without power, water etc. Gasoline is a big challenge. It will be a long road back but we are all helping each other through it and Puerto Rico will be back stronger than ever. Lots of destruction with Maria but we are safe and we were lucky ones that had roof stay on our wood house. Many areas of Puerto Rico need pressing help still up in the mountains. Communications huge challenge. May be able to get more out as comms cit was exteremyl difficut to comunicate her eon SSt Maartne for at least 3 wweeks.ome up.

Hope we will see him one day :cry: :cry: :cry: because of i cannot imagine that he will not be on the board after already 2weeks... :sadly:

Looking out to hear from Luis too. I hope it is just communication problems. I know after Irma, it was about 3 weeks before we could communicate well here on St Maarten.
0 likes   

sweetpea
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Grand Rapids, MI, originally Daytona Beach....back soon

#25 Postby sweetpea » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:09 pm

I heard from my dad for the second time today, he is in Salinas (Coqui) PR. He had to drive to San Juan with my cousin to get money out of the bank. He had nothing left, he was also able to get cell service by driving out there. He said PR is in really bad shape. There is still quite a bit of family we haven't heard from. My husband and I are headed down there in 3 weeks, I got my tickets today. This is so heartbreaking seeing and hearing what is happening on the island. I hope everyone has checked in. Hopefully Luis will check in soon, I don't know where in San Juan he lived but I do know from what I have heard from family that PR is a disaster.
2 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#26 Postby tolakram » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:27 pm

sweetpea wrote:I heard from my dad for the second time today, he is in Salinas (Coqui) PR. He had to drive to San Juan with my cousin to get money out of the bank. He had nothing left, he was also able to get cell service by driving out there. He said PR is in really bad shape. There is still quite a bit of family we haven't heard from. My husband and I are headed down there in 3 weeks, I got my tickets today. This is so heartbreaking seeing and hearing what is happening on the island. I hope everyone has checked in. Hopefully Luis will check in soon, I don't know where in San Juan he lived but I do know from what I have heard from family that PR is a disaster.

Thanks for the update, I hope your trip goes well and your dad can put things back together.
4 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby artist » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 am

Has anyone yet been able to get any news about cycloneye yet, and others that still have not checked in?

My continued prayers for all.
0 likes   

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#28 Postby Hurricaneman » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:58 pm

artist wrote:Has anyone yet been able to get any news about cycloneye yet, and others that still have not checked in?

My continued prayers for all.

Looks like the infrastructure was completely damaged so we may not hear from him until after the new year at the earliest, it’s so tense wondering what’s going on
0 likes   

redneck51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#29 Postby redneck51 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:31 am

Checking in from eastern Puerto Rico.
This is the first time I have internet at home - I got myself an AT&T hot spot and have been using it in the car mainly to get and send emails to try to get my business up and running again. Yesterday I got good signal here in the hills and today is the first day I am spending some time online.

The island still is a mess. 38 days after Maria only 28% have electricity and 77% have water.
We have neither but we get by with a generator and water in the cisterns. I have a pickup truck with a 200 gallon tank that I can fill at a well and every now and then at a tanker truck from the military or a contracted company. I help 5 neighbor houses with water and two with electricity to at least keep the fridges running.
Stores are opened for limited hours and not everything is available, especially stuff that everybody needs isn't there. Think bottled water, insect repellent, bleach (to treat water), gas tanks to mention a few. Gas and diesel was a problem during the first couple of days. Meanwhile there's enough availability and hardly lines at the gas stations. Internet availability is bad and because of that many businesses only take cash which leads to long lines at banks.
Cell phone connectivity depends on which provider you have. On some spots one provider works good, somewhere else another is working. Meanwhile we have three phones among the two of us at three different providers and we are pretty good in knowing which provider has connectivity at certain places.

It's gonna take a lot of time and money to get us up and running again and many people who lost their job because of the storm already went or are planning to go to the mainland where they can make a living. (in case you don't know, Puerto Ricans are US citizens by birth so it's basically a matter of getting on a plane).
2 likes   

galaxy401
Category 5
Category 5

#30 Postby galaxy401 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Thanks for the check-in. Must be very stressful for you right now. Hopefully the situation rapidly improves.

How many users are from Puerto Rico. I know Luis is but are there any others?
0 likes   
I don't get hurricanes here but I do get their remnants.

msbee
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby msbee » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:34 am

Thinking of Luis and those of you in PR.
St Maarten was hit badly by Irma but luckily we are a smaller island with a better electrical infrastructure and we have been able to bounce back for the most part. Not everyone has electricity yet but most do. Lots of recovery still going on though. Many people still have no roofs and major resorts will be closed until spring of next year.
Wishing PR a speedy recovery. Hang in there!
3 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#32 Postby northjaxpro » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:33 pm

msbee wrote:Thinking of Luis and those of you in PR.
St Maarten was hit badly by Irma but luckily we are a smaller island with a better electrical infrastructure and we have been able to bounce back for the most part. Not everyone has electricity yet but most do. Lots of recovery still going on though. Many people still have no roofs and major resorts will be closed until spring of next year.
Wishing PR a speedy recovery. Hang in there!

Well said Msbee!! Amen to everything you posted. Praying continuously for all down in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and all the other islands which were devastated by these major hurricanes this season. I pray that the recovery efforts and all the necessary resources come swiftly for all of our neighbors down in the Caribbean!! Godspeed everyone!!
2 likes   
Monitoring the 2017-18 Meteorological Winter Season from Northeast Florida

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017

galaxy401
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby galaxy401 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Another power outage happened in Puerto Rico after receiving heavy rainfall in the last couple days. I am just really wondering how stressful it must be for Luis and other users living there right now.
0 likes   
I don't get hurricanes here but I do get their remnants.

msbee
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#34 Postby msbee » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:21 pm

galaxy401 wrote:Another power outage happened in Puerto Rico after receiving heavy rainfall in the last couple days. I am just really wondering how stressful it must be for Luis and other users living there right now.

Yes, hard to imagine! One step forward and 2 backwards!
:cry: :cry:
0 likes   

redneck51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#35 Postby redneck51 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Still no electricity nor water, it's getting annoying...
I've been trying to get in touch with Cycloneye - no luck yet but I'll keep trying.
4 likes   

cycloneye
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#36 Postby cycloneye » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi to all.I am alive and well after Maria slammed Puerto Rico.It not good to see all the damage around this island.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “2017”