SALLY: Local impacts/Observations

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator
Posts: 10603
Age: 33
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Pensacola

SALLY: Local impacts/Observations

#1 Postby Ivanhater » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Post any local impacts and observations.
1 likes   
Michael

User avatar
HeeBGBz
Category 1
Category 1
Posts: 321
Age: 66
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Biloxi, MS

Re: Tropical storm Sally: Local impacts/Observations

#2 Postby HeeBGBz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:17 pm

We are getting our first band right now. It rained intensely for about 2 minutes and just stopped. Did that twice. The storm isn't supposed to get here til Wednesday? Here being Biloxi. Feeling a bit antsy about what Sally does overnight.

:eek:
3 likes   

slamdaddy
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Gautier, MS

Re: Tropical storm Sally: Local impacts/Observations

#3 Postby slamdaddy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:16 am

.25" of rain last night here at Gautier, MS (Central Jackson County, MS)
0 likes   

Jag95
Category 1
Category 1
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Re: Tropical storm Sally: Local impacts/Observations

#4 Postby Jag95 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:48 pm

Gulf Shores web cam: https://bamabeachcams.com/pinkponypub.aspx

Getting kind of surfy.
0 likes   

bohai
Tropical Low
Tropical Low
Posts: 41
Age: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:57 pm
Location: Comfort, TX

Re: Tropical storm Sally: Local impacts/Observations

#5 Postby bohai » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:03 pm

1 likes   

User avatar
HurryKane
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Diamondhead, Mississippi

Re: Tropical storm Sally: Local impacts/Observations

#6 Postby HurryKane » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:02 pm

bella_may wrote:Bay at Louis is already flooding https://twitter.com/reedtimmeraccu/stat ... 48800?s=21
1 likes   

User avatar
alan1961
Category 2
Category 2
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Derby, Derbyshire, England
Contact:

Re: Sally: Local impacts/Observations

#7 Postby alan1961 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Live coverage from Biloxi :wink:
https://www.wlox.com/live/
2 likes   

User avatar
northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 8727
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: SALLY: Local impacts/Observations

#8 Postby northjaxpro » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:10 pm

https://www.wkrg.com/live-stream/

WKRG TV 5, Mobile, AL live stream
1 likes   
Monitoring the 2020 Meteorological Fall Season and North Atlantic Hurricane Season from Northeast Florida

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

User avatar
DestinHurricane
Category 2
Category 2
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 8:05 am
Location: Boca Raton, FL and Destin, FL

Re: SALLY: Local impacts/Observations

#9 Postby DestinHurricane » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:59 am

Storm surge is coming up in destin. Getting pretty nasty band right now as well. https://www.sandestin.com/more/sandesti ... rt-webcams

Here's a beach shot at henderson state park. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ok8JHF ... e=emb_logo
1 likes   
The above is my opinion and not an official forecast. Consult the NHC for official forecasts.

Erin 1995, Opal 1995, Danny 1997, Earl 1998, Georges 1998, Ivan 2004, Dennis 2005, Michael 2018, Sally 2020

User avatar
Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 7733
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: Not a state-caster

Re: SALLY: Local impacts/Observations

#10 Postby Steve » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am

DestinHurricane wrote:Storm surge is coming up in destin. Getting pretty nasty band right now as well. https://www.sandestin.com/more/sandesti ... rt-webcams

Here's a beach shot at henderson state park. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ok8JHF ... e=emb_logo


Hey Destin,

You guys should fare better compared to points west, but do you now see why I said Jefferson Parish to Okaloosa County the other day? Many have suggested along the way that storms do want to hook a little east of track sometimes in the North Gulf. It's never written in stone, but it was a targeted area of about 250-260 miles of landfall where people needed to take heed. The western 5 counties in that range (Jefferson, New Orleans, St. Tammany, Hancock, Harrison) all did fine. Jackson County probably has some damage but should be better as a sandwich end (just like Okaloosa). But the 4 counties between - Mobile, Baldwin, Escambia, Santa Rosa - are taking extensive damage and should make this an 11 figure storm (tens of billions). I'm not one who ever tries to be emotional or cause panic. I hope you guys and everyone in Walton County fares out much better than points immediately to your west.
0 likes   

User avatar
DestinHurricane
Category 2
Category 2
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 8:05 am
Location: Boca Raton, FL and Destin, FL

Re: SALLY: Local impacts/Observations

#11 Postby DestinHurricane » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 am

Steve wrote:
DestinHurricane wrote:Storm surge is coming up in destin. Getting pretty nasty band right now as well. https://www.sandestin.com/more/sandesti ... rt-webcams

Here's a beach shot at henderson state park. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ok8JHF ... e=emb_logo


Hey Destin,

You guys should fare better compared to points west, but do you now see why I said Jefferson Parish to Okaloosa County the other day? Many have suggested along the way that storms do want to hook a little east of track sometimes in the North Gulf. It's never written in stone, but it was a targeted area of about 250-260 miles of landfall where people needed to take heed. The western 5 counties in that range (Jefferson, New Orleans, St. Tammany, Hancock, Harrison) all did fine. Jackson County probably has some damage but should be better as a sandwich end (just like Okaloosa). But the 4 counties between - Mobile, Baldwin, Escambia, Santa Rosa - are taking extensive damage and should make this an 11 figure storm (tens of billions). I'm not one who ever tries to be emotional or cause panic. I hope you guys and everyone in Walton County fares out much better than points immediately to your west.


Unfortunately we are seeing some structural damage here and we are having the most freshwater flooding out of any location at the moment. I can't even imagine what Pensacola is seeing in structural damage if we are. Surge is continuing to come up on bay side due to rivers and creeks pumping rainwater into bay. Some people are already having water enter their homes.
2 likes   
The above is my opinion and not an official forecast. Consult the NHC for official forecasts.

Erin 1995, Opal 1995, Danny 1997, Earl 1998, Georges 1998, Ivan 2004, Dennis 2005, Michael 2018, Sally 2020

User avatar
Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 7733
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: Not a state-caster

Re: SALLY: Local impacts/Observations

#12 Postby Steve » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm

DestinHurricane wrote:
Steve wrote:
DestinHurricane wrote:Storm surge is coming up in destin. Getting pretty nasty band right now as well. https://www.sandestin.com/more/sandesti ... rt-webcams

Here's a beach shot at henderson state park. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ok8JHF ... e=emb_logo


Hey Destin,

You guys should fare better compared to points west, but do you now see why I said Jefferson Parish to Okaloosa County the other day? Many have suggested along the way that storms do want to hook a little east of track sometimes in the North Gulf. It's never written in stone, but it was a targeted area of about 250-260 miles of landfall where people needed to take heed. The western 5 counties in that range (Jefferson, New Orleans, St. Tammany, Hancock, Harrison) all did fine. Jackson County probably has some damage but should be better as a sandwich end (just like Okaloosa). But the 4 counties between - Mobile, Baldwin, Escambia, Santa Rosa - are taking extensive damage and should make this an 11 figure storm (tens of billions). I'm not one who ever tries to be emotional or cause panic. I hope you guys and everyone in Walton County fares out much better than points immediately to your west.


Unfortunately we are seeing some structural damage here and we are having the most freshwater flooding out of any location at the moment. I can't even imagine what Pensacola is seeing in structural damage if we are. Surge is continuing to come up on bay side due to rivers and creeks pumping rainwater into bay. Some people are already having water enter their homes.


Sucks man. I know you have a couple properties there. I have managed and sold probably 200 pieces between Okaloosa and Walton over the years and have a lot of friends in the real estate, legal and banking professions over there. The only thing I own is in Pensacola. I will hit up the HOA or one of the neighbors later today to see if they can check on things for me there. It's insured, so hopefully nothing major. But I don't want to bother anyone yet because I know everyone is dealing with their own b.s.
0 likes   

us89
Category 1
Category 1
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:12 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: SALLY: Local impacts/Observations

#13 Postby us89 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:58 am

Up here in Atlanta, we had a lot of very heavy rain last night and earlier this morning. Still coming down although most of the heavier stuff has moved out.

Flash flood warnings issued overnight have mostly expired, but just about every river or creek the NWS watches is under a flood warning. Most observing sites around here have recorded at least 4 inches.
1 likes   


Return to “2020”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest