North Korea Nuclear Standoff

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#101 Postby Brent » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:31 pm

brunota2003 wrote:I wont be surprised if the reason why the long range missle "fell apart" was because we shot it down...remember we do have bases over there and President Bush said that we would shoot it down if they launched it...does anyone know where the Space Shuttle Discovery was when these missles were tested?

I doubt it. It failed 40 seconds after launch. We were only going to shoot it down if it posed a threat.
0 likes   
#neversummer

zoeyann
Category 2
Category 2

#102 Postby zoeyann » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:35 pm

I think it was timed for the 4th and the fact that the shuttle was launched today was an added bonus. These dirtbags must have been thrilled the launch was delayed until today. Test firing stuff they were told not by the US on a day like today leaves us either with egg on our face, or forced to act, or to go back to the negotiations table with a country that has no intention of actually negotiating or abiding by any agreements.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#103 Postby brunota2003 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:41 pm

according to CNN the U.N. Sercurity Council could possibly meet tonight due to the tests and the U.S. is already talking to Russia, China, and Japan about what to do...
0 likes   

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#104 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:49 pm

This is a act of war. The next one could be a nuclear one. I heard that they might not have lauched the big one's yet. Saving them for us. It would be a very big mistake for them to do so.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#105 Postby cycloneye » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:50 pm

This guy is more paranoid than the Iranian President who is a lunatic.Those kind of people are dangerous because they can do crazy things and then all bets are off.
0 likes   

Regit
Category 5
Category 5

#106 Postby Regit » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:55 pm

Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:This is a act of war. The next one could be a nuclear one. I heard that they might not have lauched the big one's yet. Saving them for us. It would be a very big mistake for them to do so.

No it isn't an act of war. And why would they shoot off a nuclear missle when the last one blew up over their own country? CNN has confirmed that the US took absolutely no action because it failed "very quickly." Until a missle enters sovereign airspace, there is NO act of war. Just clearing that up.
0 likes   

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

#107 Postby Stratosphere747 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:55 pm

Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:This is a act of war. The next one could be a nuclear one. I heard that they might not have lauched the big one's yet. Saving them for us. It would be a very big mistake for them to do so.

I really would be interested in hearing your source...

Who did you hear this from?
0 likes   

kevin

#108 Postby kevin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:56 pm

Once again reason triumphs over paranoia. :D

Oh and guys... new weapon systems NEED to be tested. That is why one tests their weapons. Of course everything has a strategic intention (this was made to send a message to the United States, which didn't come off well by the way) but quite frankly the fact that the missile failed should be enlightening as to why they fired it.
Last edited by kevin on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#109 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:57 pm

Based on what they ment to shoot it to piss off other countrys. Sooner or later they will use a nuclear missle. We need to make sure that they can't launch a nuke or a city will be blow off the face of the earth. O yes this is a act of war but do we have the guts any more to fellow through. I say cut off there aid and food to start.
0 likes   

kevin

#110 Postby kevin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:59 pm

Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:Based on what they ment to shoot it to piss off other countrys. Sooner or later they will use a nuclear missle. We need to make sure that they can't launch a nuke or a city will be blow off the face of the earth. O yes this is a act of war but do we have the guts any more to fellow through. I say cut off there aid and food to start.

I was under the impression that China was the one who gave aid to the North Koreans.

Also you should read about ius ad bellum.
0 likes   

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#111 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:00 pm

kevin wrote:Once again reason triumphs over paranoia. :D

Oh and guys... new weapon systems NEED to be tested. That is why one tests their weapons. Of course everything has a strategic intention (this was made to send a message to the United States, which didn't come off well by the way) but quite frankly the fact that the missile failed should be enlightening as to why they fired it.

There is no reasoning when it comes to getting a nut case with nukes. In no reason having a million people in LA or some other American city getting blown off the face of the planet. Give me a break.
0 likes   

Regit
Category 5
Category 5

#112 Postby Regit » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:01 pm

Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:Based on what they ment to shoot it to piss off other countrys. Sooner or later they will use a nuclear missle. We need to make sure that they can't launch a nuke or a city will be blow off the face of the earth. O yes this is a act of war but do we have the guts any more to fellow through. I say cut off there aid and food to start.

The US irritates countries every day. Should they all attack us? It is estimated that NK is years away from having nuclear capability. And no matter how scared some more paranoid Americans may be, this is NOT an act of war. NK is a SOVEREIGN state and can shoot whatever they please over international waters until the UN says otherwise.
0 likes   

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#113 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:05 pm

Regit wrote:

The US irritates countries every day. Should they all attack us? It is estimated that NK is years away from having nuclear capability. And no matter how scared some more paranoid Americans may be, this is NOT an act of war. NK is a SOVEREIGN state and can shoot whatever they please over international waters until the UN says otherwise.

NK has a nut case running its country which kills it people. In threatens to use nukes on other countrys. In paranoid? Bull $#@ about what 9-11-2001 or worst coming to our shores. You would love to see America get a nuke.
0 likes   

kevin

#114 Postby kevin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:05 pm

Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:
kevin wrote:Once again reason triumphs over paranoia. :D

There is no reasoning when it comes to getting a nut case with nukes. In no reason having a million people in LA or some other American city getting blown off the face of the planet. Give me a break.

I frankly am not convinced that the North Korean leadership is 'nut case', and am very skeptical (almost certain) that the military staff rules in North Korean in conjunction with Kim-boy, so one would have to say leadership. Now the policies they have followed in the past have been brinksmanship, but this is actually a very reasonable card to place if you do it right. We have done it before, in the case of the Cuban Missile Crisis and on other stupendous occassions.

North Korea is a serious issue but not one easily understood by experts in the area. Every citizen is entitled a public opinion and vote, but the vast majority of the attentive public do not want confrontation with North Korea. We also know that the North Koreans do not wish to suicide bomb us, because that is what an attack would be. The only danger is miscalculation, human error, and chance. But that has existed for over fifty years, and the world has somehow made it through.
0 likes   

kevin

#115 Postby kevin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:07 pm

You would love to see America get a nuke.

Personal attacks don't win arguments.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#116 Postby cycloneye » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:07 pm

U.S. military sources say 2 N. Korean short-range missiles landed in the Sea of Japan, one closer to Russia and one closer to Japan.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#117 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:08 pm

I pray to god that wwIII is not around the corner. But if we can stop a nuke from hitting our city's then thats the best thing to do.
0 likes   

Regit
Category 5
Category 5

#118 Postby Regit » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:12 pm

Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:
Regit wrote:

NK has a nut case running its country which kills it people. In threatens to use nukes on other countrys. In paranoid? Bull $#@ about what 9-11-2001 or worst coming to our shores. You would love to see America get a nuke.

Ok, well talking to you is impossible, so forget it. But for others reading, it is very important to understand this is, by definition, not an act of war. If it was, the US would have launched a counterattack already. NK doesn't have nukes, they aren't going to wipe us off the face of the earth, and they don't live just to see America die. The UN Security Council will be called into session and will handle everything appropriately. And remember, countries don't load nuclear payloads on to missles that they don't know will work.

This move was stupid but it doesn't foreshadow a mushroom cloud.
0 likes   

Jim Cantore

#119 Postby Jim Cantore » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:16 pm

Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:I pray to god that wwIII is not around the corner. But if we can stop a nuke from hitting our city's then thats the best thing to do.

I hope they realize if they attack us with a nuke that within 24 hours North Korea will cease to exist.
0 likes   

StormScanWx
Category 5
Category 5

#120 Postby StormScanWx » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:21 pm

Hurricane Floyd wrote:
Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:I pray to god that wwIII is not around the corner. But if we can stop a nuke from hitting our city's then thats the best thing to do.

I hope they realize if they attack us with a nuke that within 24 hours North Korea will cease to exist.

I like that last comment!!! (and I am not being sarcastic!) :)
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”