"Sittin' on the Front Porch"

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#41 Postby wx247 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Mind I sit on the front porch and drink a glass of lemonade? A lot of good friends stop by here on the porch. I don't want to miss them.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: "Sittin' on the Front Porch"

#42 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:10 pm

You're always welcome on the porch! I think I'll join you in a lemonade. With some outflow from some storms nearby it is now comfortable to sit on the porch. Crouton quit honking!!! Oh!! OOPS!! Hi Ed!!!! :cheesy:
0 likes   

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#43 Postby Pburgh » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:29 am

Ok, so I put a little raspberry vodka in the lemonade. Are you guys still sleeping??
Ed, don't honk too loud, they have a headache. LOL :lol:
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#44 Postby wx247 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 pm

I knew it tasted stronger than usual. Thanks Karan! :)
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#45 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Pburgh wrote:Ok, so I put a little raspberry vodka in the lemonade. Are you guys still sleeping??
Ed, don't honk too loud, they have a headache. LOL :lol:

UNNHH!!! What hit me? Did Ed veer off the road? :eek: :eek: Man that was some of the best lemonade I have EVER had!! :eek: :cheesy: Thanks Karan!
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#46 Postby coriolis » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:50 pm

No I didn't veer off the road, I'm stopping on my way back through. (turns off the music and stops the van)

WASSUP!

Here Crouton, here's an oatmeal cream sandwich. (crouton slurps it up, wrapper and all)

I'll put on a pot of coffee. We're having April weather right now.

Today was the last day of school for my kids and now I can go to my summer schedule. No more getting up at 5:00 to use the bathroom, waiting around till 7:00 to take the kids to school, getting the 7:45 bus and arriving to work late at 9:00. Now I can get up at 6:00, get the 6:45 bus and get to work at 7:30. :lol:

How's everybody doing? David, what's up with your work situation?

Did I hear a rumor that Breeze was here? Good luck with the doctor's office, Annette. If it's anything my my doc's office, it's hectic to say the least.

Here's a box of Equal sweetener for coffee or tea if anyone want's to use it. I'm trying to cut down on the sugar (opens another oatmeal creme sandwich and stuffs it in mouth).

Karan, do you think that the Pirates will ever be good? I used to follow them back in the day of Willie Stargell, but I sort of gave up on them.

Good luck with your job search Mary. Medical services will always be in demand.
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#47 Postby wx247 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:14 am

Hey Ed. I don't want to be around after Crouton "digests" the cream sandwich wrapper. That might be an education I don't need.

Well, it is Friday everyone. I hope you all have a good weekend!!

Oh, and hi mom! Good to see you. 8-)
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#48 Postby coriolis » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:20 am

:lol: Me either.

Crouton, do you have to go "outside?"
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#49 Postby Miss Mary » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi everyone! My summer break has officially started now. Hard to believe another school year has come and gone by now. Seems like yesterday we were having one snowday after another! And now it's June......

This school year ending was a little bittersweet. I do love my piddly part time job. Doesn't pay much but the hours are ideal. The work is a little back breaking though - cafeteria work. BUT.......I really like my coworkers. I work with a great bunch of gals....9 of us. Over half have college degrees and just want that school calendar type job. We do enjoy our summers off. So I work with an intelligent group.

Ah but there's a catch you see. I know I need to at least look for year round clerical work. So in a few weeks after our vacation, I'll be searching.

So I looked around our spotlessly clean middle school cafeteria and thought, I don't want to leave this job. Sigh.......didn't feel this way last year, I knew I was coming back. This time, who the heck knows (hubby wants me to work more hours......).

Have a good weekend everyone!
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#50 Postby Miss Mary » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:57 am

Good morning everyone on this fine Saturday - yesterday we moved my youngest daughter (just the two of us) out of her Freshman year of college dorm room. Her roommate dropped out after the first quarter and didn't return this past January. Consequently, she took even more back with her last winter. A couch, keyboard, keyboard stand, bench, huge round disc chair. Not to mention every piece of clothing she owns! Her dorm had built in dressers, closets, cubbies, etc. We found so much stuff I had sent last September, crammed way in the back - oh yeah, that's where that went....I had wondered what happened to that.

I heard these comments for 3.5 hours!

We started packing her up at 3:30. Got my car fully loaded by 7. Then she realized she had left a $60 pair of shoes in the dorm building's lobby and another student had them. We had a phone #. I'm thinking - you know, in my mom-like-way of reasoning - now why couldn't she have realized this at 3:30? So we waited and waited for this other girl. So as to save another $60 on New Balance shoes (they were great shoes for walking). Okay, recession and all, I decided it was worth the way. The girl had to go to her boyfriend's apartment for them. Even though the girl had a dorm room in this building - you figure it out! LOL Note - my daughter said so many girls keep their dorm rooms for junk and extras but move into their boyfriend's houses all the time. Meanwhile parents keep paying the dorm bill......I guess it is a good place to move back to if they break up......ya never know about those things. Finally, after 2 phone calls, we had the shoes. And fresh coffee.

We were on the road, my car packed to the gills by 7:30.

Why is it that dorm bins, boxes, suitcases, food, plates, utensils, etc. never come back as neatly as when they went?

Oh yeah, our daughter had waist long hair. Very pretty. But each time we'd pick up another item off the floor (she is quite messy), she'd say - I don't know why there's hair everywhere?

I need a day of sleep is what I need.

My living and dining rooms are disaster areas. We dumped it all there. LOL So now begins the fun of sorting thru all this stuff and a dozen loads of laundry.

We ended up bringing back large items 3 weeks ago but now I wish my husband had loaded the truck down with even more. Lucky guy - he got off easy with just furniture!
0 likes   

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#51 Postby Pburgh » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:29 pm

I'll brew a pot of Earl Grey. By the time you relax really well it will be time to pack that stuff back up and haul it back to school. Oh, I remember it well. ((HUGS)) :wink:
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#52 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:40 pm

I like my son's living arrangement.....he lives in a townhouse that he shares with 2 other uni students and come summer they stay there and work (no hauling items back and forth). :D

Hugs from me too Miss Mary (that's one heck of a job cleaning up/packing and moving them back and forth (and costly too...mind you we also hauled beds, couches, tables, shelves, pots, pans, etc, etc, etc and had a 2 1/2 hour drive).

I'm thankful son works for the Department of Agriculture (AgCanada) and can remain up there.

Pam (who enjoys sitting on her porch listening in on the conversations of her neighbours to the south .... sound really does travel a long way).
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#53 Postby Miss Mary » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:55 pm

Hey thanks you two - I read what I typed the other day and I had a lot of typo's in that post. I must have been on my last legs.....LOL

It is all so exhausting! Someday, will I miss these days? he he I probably will. But right now I'm still trying to recover.

My SIL won't even let her daughter dump it all at home, it goes promptly to a storage space near their home. I told my daughter this and she can't believe it. I have had to hear all day long - you mean if Colleen needs something from a bin, she has to go to the storage space? I said yes....now I really don't want to be that picky but I also know for a fact, that my SIL's house is clean as a whistle (this cousin/niece goes to the same college and ended the quarter on Friday too).

Even though I find this frustrating, both my girls say they haven't been able to keep track of specific items ever since they graduated from high school. So I think in their own way they're trying to say it's frustrating but fun for them. Once they begin this trek - to and from dorms and apartments - it's difficult to reclaim all your stuff. Especially when you share apartments with friends. (Note to self - only take/donate them items you never want to see again!)......

Those rocking the newborn days are really beginning to seem like so long ago. Not yesterday. LOL

Thanks for letting me vent and putting up with my typo's!
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#54 Postby coriolis » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm beat and am going to bed.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#55 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:30 pm

I am not even comingout on the porch in this weather!!!! IT IS TOO DAMN HOT!!!
0 likes   

OpieStorm

#56 Postby OpieStorm » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:35 pm

vbhoutex wrote:I am not even comingout on the porch in this weather!!!! IT IS TOO DAMN HOT!!!
Same here. Saw a bird burst into flames in mid-air today. It's pretty bad out there.
0 likes   

OpieStorm

#57 Postby OpieStorm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:33 am

It rained today. :eek:
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#58 Postby coriolis » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:35 am

Years ago I said to an old Catholic Priest "It sure is hot in here."
His reply: "You think this is hot, wait till after you die!"

It straightened me out for a while.
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

#59 Postby Dionne » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 am

OpieStorm wrote:
vbhoutex wrote:I am not even comingout on the porch in this weather!!!! IT IS TOO DAMN HOT!!!
Same here. Saw a bird burst into flames in mid-air today. It's pretty bad out there.

Prolly the result of composite fittings failing.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#60 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:59 am

Dionne wrote:
OpieStorm wrote:

Prolly the result of composite fittings failing.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :hehe: :hehe:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”