Little earthquake felt in Guadeloupe

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

Little earthquake felt in Guadeloupe

#1 Postby Gustywind » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:25 am

Hi everbody, we experienced a little earthquake here in Guadeloupe Friday morning near 1PM, and with a magnitude of 3 or 4 on Richter Scale localised at 7 km in the south of Gosier Guadeloupe. Also it wasn't so deep only 5 km but... hopefully very short briefly approximately 8 seconds. That's was a little amazing, because i was working on a table and sitting on a chair and feeling this little skake. Nothing serious, that's pretty frequent in our area, but as usual i keep you informed of the situation here in the Carib.
See you soon, nice regards from Guadeloupe. 8-) :wink:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Little earthquake felt in Guadeloupe

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Is it my imagination or does the earthqake activity in the Carribean basin seem to be picking up some? Or are we just getting better reporting?

Thanks Gustywind for the report.
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Little earthquake felt in Guadeloupe

#3 Postby Gustywind » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am

Is it my imagination or does the earthqake activity in the Carribean basin seem to be picking up some? Or are we just getting better reporting?

Thanks Gustywind for the report.

Hi, tkanks vbhoutex for the reply and glad to see you here :) :wink. Concerning your reply, that's real no dots , but that's maybe these two things (as far as concerned i tkink that it's pretty subjective lol), but for sure in our newspaper Saturday 29th of March, they were reporting this little eartharquake, and maybe on other sites speaking about earthquake activity.
So given that...there's decent activity, concerning your " getting better reporting "...that's depends of the interest ,and others factors from the correspondants trying to keep you informed in the Carib. So, for my self i will keep you updated if there's something special in our island and the others islands including Leewards and Windwards islands.
All in all since November 29 th 2007, we experienced numerous earthquakes and i'm not amazed by that years after years...and don't forget that our area in the Carib is directly placed in a zone with many risks ( earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanoes eruptions, strong muslides....). Nice regards from Guadeloupe Gustywind. 8-) :D :wink: :bday:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”