I saw my first wall cloud yesterday.

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Doggirl3
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

I saw my first wall cloud yesterday.

#1 Postby Doggirl3 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:17 pm

I saw my first wall cloud yesterday. Me & mother saw it when we went to pick up Kayla. It had a cloud next to a rain shaft or what I called it a rain vail. I didn't think of bringing a camera with me to take a picture, so pics to show. I thought we might have went through the vail when we went throught the rain part though but wouldn't sure. We didn't stay around long enough to watch it form.
0 likes   

MississippiHurricane
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

Re: I saw my first wall cloud yesterday.

#2 Postby MississippiHurricane » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:58 pm

Wow! Congrats!! Reminds me when i heard my first tornado the other day. Welcome to the wall-cloud club.
0 likes   

Ed Mahmoud

Re: I saw my first wall cloud yesterday.

#3 Postby Ed Mahmoud » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:44 pm

I've seen a waterspout offshore in the Gulf, very thin, coming out of just a very tall cumulus cloud, not a thunderhead, and I saw what I believe was a tropical funnel, similar to a waterspout, but it was a full fledged thunderstorm, in New Iberia, LA. The waterspout was threadlike thin, but it had a wider mist cloud, like a tornadoes debris cloud, where it was on the ocean.

Never seen a classic supercell tornado.

I did see a clearly rotating LP supercell, but no tornado, over the Franklin Mountains North of El Paso, TX in May 1992, from a Motel 6 on I-10. I was driving from Austin to Bakersfield, CA, and El Paso is about the halfway point. It was the last night of Johnny Carson doing the 'Tonight Show', so, if I had to, I could probably look up an exact date.
0 likes   

Jack8631
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Jack8631 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:09 pm

Very cool, Pam! Probably a good thing you didn't stay around. Some of those cells were pretty bad yesterday.
0 likes   

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby TexasStooge » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:45 am

I've seen my first wall cloud a few years ago hovering overhead my neighborhood. All I could see was swirling, but that was about it.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”