"Sittin' on the Front Porch"

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Santa Fe, TX (yes I typed that right TEXAS not New Mexico, I am about 20 miles from Galveston, TX)

Re: "Sittin' on the Front Porch"

#201 Postby Nikki » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Nikki sneaks in and leaves vbhoutx his own plate of brownies :lol:
0 likes   
My name is Nicole and this is what I go by in Storm2k chat! Come chat with us! We have fun in there too!!

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. ~Author Unknown

Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#202 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Nikki wrote:Nikki sneaks in and leaves vbhoutx his own plate of brownies :lol:

Aha!! Got 'em before Brunato2003 saw them. hehehe *vbhoutex sneaks off to a secret place to engorge on brownies* :cheesy:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#203 Postby brunota2003 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm still fat and happy from the last plate, you can have them VB :lol:
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Santa Fe, TX (yes I typed that right TEXAS not New Mexico, I am about 20 miles from Galveston, TX)

#204 Postby Nikki » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 am

With the cool front coming through, I am leaving some nice hot coffee and tea with some nicely baked cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven for everyone to enjoy!! :D

I know the cool front isn't supposed to last long in my neck of the woods, but I am gonna enjoy it while I can!!! Sunday is going to be a grilling day for us!!

I hope you all enjoy this cool down and have a fantastic and blessed weekend!!!
0 likes   
My name is Nicole and this is what I go by in Storm2k chat! Come chat with us! We have fun in there too!!

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. ~Author Unknown

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#205 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 am

Nikki wrote:With the cool front coming through, I am leaving some nice hot coffee and tea with some nicely baked cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven for everyone to enjoy!! :D

I know the cool front isn't supposed to last long in my neck of the woods, but I am gonna enjoy it while I can!!! Sunday is going to be a grilling day for us!!

Back at you Nikke!! And thanks for the morning snack!! May even have to pull out the grill this afternoon.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#206 Postby Nikki » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:14 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
Nikki wrote:With the cool front coming through, I am leaving some nice hot coffee and tea with some nicely baked cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven for everyone to enjoy!! :D

Back at you Nikke!! And thanks for the morning snack!! May even have to pull out the grill this afternoon.

Ahhh you are so welcome! We did pull out the grill today and grilled up some rib eye steaks!! They were quite delicious and the weather was perfect for grilling!!!!!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#207 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:17 am

Nikki wrote:
vbhoutex wrote:

Ahhh you are so welcome! We did pull out the grill today and grilled up some rib eye steaks!! They were quite delicious and the weather was perfect for grilling!!!!!

Yes it was great for grilling!!! Grilled chicken breasts with some of them having barbecue sauce and some not. YUM!!! Looking forward to a lot more days of grilling!!
Oh and I just left some sweet tea on the mantle for whoever wants some.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Janie2006
Category 5
Category 5

#208 Postby Janie2006 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Ohhhhh, it's alright to be a Southern belle once in a while.

*sips tea*
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#209 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Janie2006 wrote:Ohhhhh, it's alright to be a Southern belle once in a while.

*sips tea*

Most definitely it is!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#210 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:09 am

No, no, no!!! I won't leave the porch!!! It is too beautiful out here!!! Loving the SE TX weather on the porch so far this week now that the rain has passed. Not liking the low 90's forecast for the next 3 days though. Guess I'll have to get some more tea and turn up the ceiling fans.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#211 Postby brunota2003 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:30 pm

It's been in the low 40s here in the mornings, with highs between 60 and 70 with rain. :cold:
0 likes   

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#212 Postby Nikki » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Sneaking in to leave some iced tea, warm tea, and crepes for everyone to enjoy!! I sure hope you all have been having a blessed week!! I am looking forward to the rain and cooler temps, that is for sure!!!! :cheesy:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#213 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Suweet!! I haven't had crepes in a long time. Thanks Nikki!! Looking forward to the rain too, but hoping it doesn't all happen at one time. We could be seeing some amounts of 3"-5" and maybe more in some areas.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#214 Postby Nikki » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:11 am

No problem!! :)

I am getting mixed signals on the rain so I am just waiting to see what plays out!! I agree though, not all at one time!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#215 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:46 pm

We haven't had the flooding rains that were originally predicted, but I've had to stay on the porch all day here at the house since it has been raining almost all day. Brought along some warm muffins and tea or coffee for those interested. Think I may go inside now since it is dark.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#216 Postby brunota2003 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Aw man...you mean I put all those sandbags around the porch for nothing? Daggumit! :lol:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#217 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:44 pm

brunota2003 wrote:Aw man...you mean I put all those sandbags around the porch for nothing? Daggumit! :lol:
Better safe than sorry. Still cloudy, with some intermittent drizzle in the area. High today was 76f(maybe at midnight) with current 69f which it has been most of the day. Looks like a dry cooler week for us with the 90s hopefully now a memory till sometime in 2013.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#218 Postby Nikki » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks for the muffins they were yummy!!

I am love, love, loving this cooler weather!!! It is awesome!!!!

P.S. I am hoping for snow this winter!!!!!! Lot's of it (well for our area anyway) :froze:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#219 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Been "hiding" on the porch today here at the house. It isn't safe to go into the yard!! I fear we would have to call 911 due to injuries if we ventured out. I have never seen an acorn crop like we are having this year. If it is any indication of the type of Winter we are going to have we'll be off the porch and into the Pot bellied stove room soon and for a long time. BTW, I left some hot chocolate for or friends in cooler climes and some sweet tea for those of us that are still wondering where fall is. Have a great weekend.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#220 Postby Nikki » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:08 am

Creeping in to leave some yummy treats of brownies, pumpkin roll, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and various cookies!! With some yummy hot chocolate to wash it all down!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”