"Sittin' on the Front Porch"

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: "Sittin' on the Front Porch"

#81 Postby wx247 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:42 pm

breeze wrote:Wow, JQ and Jeremy were here - hey, guys! I pop in to read, mostly, but I do still
make occasional trouble... :grrr:

Define occasional! ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEREMY!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#82 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:48 pm

OK!!! Who ate all the cake?? :grr: :grr:

Oh!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEREMY!!
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#83 Postby breeze » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:50 pm

wx247 wrote:

Define occasional! ;)

Occasional: that would be the opposite of "mostly": occasional trouble, mostly reading - especially in the Tropics forum right now,
but I don't comment over there since I haven't experienced too many hurricanes in Tennessee...so, I have to come here for a bit of mischief! :wink:
0 likes   

therock1811
Category 5
Category 5

#84 Postby therock1811 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:44 pm

LOL thanks guys. I can hardly believe I'm 24 nowadays lol
0 likes   

azsnowman
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Pinetop Arizona. Elevation 7102' (54 miles west of NM border)

#85 Postby azsnowman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:37 pm

"YO, YO...WASSSUP?"

Can't stay but just a SPLIT second, I'm double parked in my patrol unit out FRONT of the front porch :ggreen:

SO...how the HECK is everyone? Me...eh, so,so, not great, not bad either, got some MAJOR, MAAAAJOR health issues I've been dealing with here lately, seems I'm only 6 weeks away from my 50th trip around the sun and my body is FALLING apart at the seams :roll: As the OLD saying goes, "If I woulda known I was gonna live this long, I'd done taken better care o' myself!" I'm not as OLD as David however! :ggreen: :ggreen: OR Azskyman :P :ggreen: :cheesy: :lol: 8-)

K...better run, don't wanna get a ticket or nuttin' like that!

Don't worry, "A'll be Baaaack!" :ggreen:
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#86 Postby breeze » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:19 pm

DENNIS! LOL, you wouldn't believe - I was frying FRESH OKRA the other day and thought
about you, knowing how much you said you loved it, wondering where you'd gotten off to
these days! Hope you get your health issues straightened out soon - and don't be such a
stranger around here! :D
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#87 Postby coriolis » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:25 pm

why hello there Dennis. I think I see a meter maid coming around the corner. We had that parking meter installed to earn some income for the krispy cremes. Ya, I've turned a half century back in february and those aches and pains start to get annoying.

And hidy ho hello to you too Annette! Long time, no talk. Rather than read back over the last 5 pages I'll just come out and ask you: How ya doin? Didn't you start a new job a while back? Is everything ok with that?

Happy birthday Jeremy. I remember back when you were a kid. Sheesh, now I'm feeling really old.
0 likes   

azsnowman
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#88 Postby azsnowman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:11 pm

coriolis wrote:why hello there Dennis. I think I see a meter maid coming around the corner. We had that parking meter installed to earn some income for the krispy cremes. Ya, I've turned a half century back in february and those aches and pains start to get annoying.

And hidy ho hello to you too Annette! Long time, no talk. Rather than read back over the last 5 pages I'll just come out and ask you: How ya doin? Didn't you start a new job a while back? Is everything ok with that?

Happy birthday Jeremy. I remember back when you were a kid. Sheesh, now I'm feeling really old.

Yeah Ed...I amember Jeremy being like 16 or something like that! HEY NOW...you know how those of us in law enforcement love donuts, trying to bribe the meter maid eh?

YO Annette, I REALLY don't like you at ALL! :ggreen: Fried OKRA??? I could not FIND it ANYWHERE this year, reckon there ain't enough of us Texakins or Okies round these here parts!

K...laterz!
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#89 Postby breeze » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:31 pm

Dennis, I'd box up some okra and send it to you, but we both know how that would
probably turn out.... :eek: ...lol...

Hi to you, too, Ed! Hope all is well with you and your's - I know what you mean about
feeling the aches and pains - my feet wouldn't hold up at the last job, so I'm on the
hunt for something that doesn't require 8 hours (or longer) of "on-the-feet" time! Of
course, picking jobs is not that easy, these days. I may have to opt for a non-nursing
job for now - I've certainly done it before. It seems that LPNs are caught in the middle,
these days. If anyone asks me about going to LPN school now, I tell them to bypass it
and head straight to RN school! My doc put me on an anti-inflammatory pill, so the feet
are doing much better, now. Of course, I did feel a bit of reoccuring bone ache when
Jeremy brought up being 24, now - ouch! :)
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#90 Postby coriolis » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Well, Annette with those shots are you back to being able to kick butt? Maybe some extra heavy boots would protect your feet.

I'm going crazy with 4 teenagers in the house, an adult daughter who married a guy who is allergic to work, and more hands out for money than I could fill with ten dozen rolls of pennies.
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#91 Postby breeze » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:43 pm

I am certainly ready to try and kick some butt - job-wise, of course!

Your house is certainly "bustling" with activity, Ed - or, is that non-activity?
LOL, as the old-timers would say, back in the OLD days, they'd all be farm hands...! :lol:
0 likes   

azsnowman
Category 5
Category 5

#92 Postby azsnowman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:46 pm

breeze wrote:Dennis, I'd box up some okra and send it to you, but we both know how that would
probably turn out.... :eek: ...lol...

Hi to you, too, Ed! Hope all is well with you and your's - I know what you mean about
feeling the aches and pains - my feet wouldn't hold up at the last job, so I'm on the
hunt for something that doesn't require 8 hours (or longer) of "on-the-feet" time! Of
course, picking jobs is not that easy, these days. I may have to opt for a non-nursing
job for now - I've certainly done it before. It seems that LPNs are caught in the middle,
these days. If anyone asks me about going to LPN school now, I tell them to bypass it
and head straight to RN school! My doc put me on an anti-inflammatory pill, so the feet
are doing much better, now. Of course, I did feel a bit of reoccuring bone ache when
Jeremy brought up being 24, now - ouch! :)

LOL! Yeah, I shipped my son some apples from our trees year before last, shipped 'em regular parcel post...took the package 3 FRIGGIN' WEEKS to get there, needless to say, they were APPLESAUCE "LOL!" No WONDER the USPS is going broke, heck, the PONY EXPRESS was faster!

Don't even go there with the "feet thing" I can sympathize with you! You see, the health issues I've been referening to is that I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes :( through NO FAULT of my own! My mother died from complications of diabetes, her mother (grandmother) the same and two of my moms sisters, same thing AND to top it off, both of my SISTERS have diabetes! As you know, it's a maternal genetic disorder! So......it was in the cards, the stars, my destiny! ANYWAYS....I've had foot problems for the past 4 yrs. and now I know why AND NOW...I'm already having severe diabetic foot problems..SUX!! Thank God I'm no longer on the road anymore, most of my time is now spent in my office doing paperwork and processing evidence (super glue fuming etc., etc.). Take it is easy on your feet Annette, there ain't NUTTIN' more miserable than bad feet!
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#93 Postby coriolis » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:12 pm

You're right, Dennis, if your feet hurt you hurt all over. I sure hope that you can maximize the benefit of any treatment that's out there.

Yeah we've got a housefull of activity. Kids, friends, brothers and sisters of friends, friends of friends, ane every once in a while someone that we don't even know who they belong too. My wife gets mad at me because I only do food shopping for 2 days at a time. Otherwise we'll get cleaned out!
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#94 Postby wx247 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:41 pm

All this old talk is making my bones ache and I am only 26...haha
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#95 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:01 pm

wx247 wrote:All this old talk is making my bones ache and I am only 26...haha

Hey!! Watch it!! :grr: :cheesy:

Dennis, I hope you get everything under control soon. Good to see you around. Don't be such a stranger.

Annette, I'll take some of that fried okra along with Chocolate KK's for dessert. :ggreen: :18: Well maybe I ought to wait till in the morning for the KK's. :eek:
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#96 Postby breeze » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:38 pm

:uarrow: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll leave a big platter of fried okra for David and Dennis...and, Garrett - you get BOILED okra
for that "OLD" remark! Now, THAT'S where the :18: really comes in for me...lol! :wink:
I just can't eat it boiled...

(I left chocolate KK's for breakfast - everyone enjoy!)
0 likes   

azsnowman
Category 5
Category 5

#97 Postby azsnowman » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:11 am

breeze wrote::uarrow: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll leave a big platter of fried okra for David and Dennis...and, Garrett - you get BOILED okra
for that "OLD" remark! Now, THAT'S where the :18: really comes in for me...lol! :wink:
I just can't eat it boiled...

(I left chocolate KK's for breakfast - everyone enjoy!)

BOILED OKRA?? Wanna make a terrorist talk...feed em' boiled okra, talk about cruel and unusual punishement, that's worse than water boarding "LOL!" UGGGGG, there's NOTHING more slimmyer (SP).
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#98 Postby breeze » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 pm

0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#99 Postby wx247 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 pm

I am getting ready to head out to Friday Night football. Our Cubs are ranked #1 in the state. Will get there by halftime and watch the rest of the game.
0 likes   

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

#100 Postby arkess7 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Oh chocolate KK's!!!!!!!! :D Yummy! Ive missed those!! 8-)
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”