"Sittin' on the Front Porch"

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

Re: "Sittin' on the Front Porch"

#141 Postby arkess7 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Well sittin on the wet front porch today.....bought some new plants and got them in pots before the storm....at least i didnt have to water them LOL!!! Moved in a new place...my dog roxy is with the soon to be xhusband...but she will come visit...its all good this divorce has been coming for a longggg time.....so just me and the cats now! but i love my new place and i think i am FINALLY feeling some peace in my life.....

So I left some chips and homemade salsa and some ice cold brews on the porch...the cats (ivory and kc) had a can of tuna....they are on patrol under the porch...keeping those nasty rats away!!! 8-) 8-)

Have a nice summer everyone!!!! :wink: 8-) :sun: :sun: :sun:

*Amy*
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#142 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Thanks for the chips, salsa and brews Amy. Really hit the spot this evening.
Sorry you are having to go through a divorce, but you sound very happy right now and that is a good thing. Upheaval is never fun but the outcome is sometimes just what the doctor ordered.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#143 Postby brunota2003 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:36 am

We flirted with 120 today...it was 118 at 3 pm, don't know if it got up to 120 or not though.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#144 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:12 pm

brunota2003 wrote:We flirted with 120 today...it was 118 at 3 pm, don't know if it got up to 120 or not though.

I've been in 112 before and that was called stay inside with the blinds closed and hope the AC kept the inside temp below 80(which was tough). What do you do to combat the heat?
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#145 Postby brunota2003 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
brunota2003 wrote:We flirted with 120 today...it was 118 at 3 pm, don't know if it got up to 120 or not though.

I've been in 112 before and that was called stay inside with the blinds closed and hope the AC kept the inside temp below 80(which was tough). What do you do to combat the heat?

Thankfully we have ACs here, so it is hope they dont freeze up and die on you! When we are outside, definitely hide in the shade as much as you can and drink lots of water (with some Gatorade of course). It sucks, being outside for just a couple minutes (walk to the bathroom) and you are soaked in sweat. I don't know how these people make it over here honestly, I'd be miserable. We had a helicopter flight this morning, prepping for that you have to wear all your gear and what not, but thankfully it was "only" in the 90s or maybe low 100s (though I still was drenched in sweat from moving bags around and such).

As a side note, when it read 118, the humidity was at 5%.
0 likes   

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#146 Postby Pburgh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:10 pm

Brunota, Even with that low humidity I'd be drenched and miserable. Hot Flashes and heat just don't mix. LOL Try and stay cool.

Salsa and chips sound great.

Arkess, I've been there and know how big of transition it is even though it's a relief. Sound like your in a good place and will move on quickly. Keep those kitties close, they sop up a lot of tears. ((HUGS))

Well it sure is wet here. It's been raining and storming off and on for the past few days. I had to go outside and do some trimming, pull some weeds and plant a few flowers. My back yard is my refuge.....flowers, birds, butterflies and good chardonnay......life is good. LOL

I did make a cheesecake and sliced some fresh strawberries. Enjoy
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#147 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Pburgh wrote:Brunota, Even with that low humidity I'd be drenched and miserable. Hot Flashes and heat just don't mix. LOL Try and stay cool.

Salsa and chips sound great.

Arkess, I've been there and know how big of transition it is even though it's a relief. Sound like your in a good place and will move on quickly. Keep those kitties close, they sop up a lot of tears. ((HUGS))

Well it sure is wet here. It's been raining and storming off and on for the past few days. I had to go outside and do some trimming, pull some weeds and plant a few flowers. My back yard is my refuge.....flowers, birds, butterflies and good chardonnay......life is good. LOL

I did make a cheesecake and sliced some fresh strawberries. Enjoy

Oh you know me so well!!! Sorry guys and gals, I didn't mean to eat all of it!! :oops: :oops:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#148 Postby brunota2003 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:07 pm

The wx station here in Baghdad recorded 118 today (at 1400), I set my Kestrel 4000 out for 2 hours (1300 to 1500) and recorded a max temperature (in the shade on the ground) of 111.6
0 likes   

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

#149 Postby arkess7 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:51 am

Bruntoa...thank u for keepin us a country!! Bless ur soul!!

I AM SO SICK AND DEPRESSED SEEING ALL THESE DAMN PELICANS AND WILDLIFE COVERED WITH OIL!!! :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: ITS KILLIN ME!!!

I AM NOT WATCHIN THE NEWS 4 A WHILE.....geeezzzzz..until it gets here...they say less then a month!! :( :( :( :( :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :x :x :x

*ivory and kc* caught some rats from under the porch........one was headless........uggg!!LOL!

TY Pburgh and V...i just take one day at a time and things will get better!!! i hope!! :ggreen: 8-) 2nite....Malibu and pineapple.......chocolate KKs and coconut macroons.........sittin on the porch!!!......
gettem' b4 the rats..........oh i pulled out the shop fan......the humidity is horrible here! :roll: :roll: :eek:
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#150 Postby breeze » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:55 pm

*breeze sets up a free lemonade stand beside the Front Porch to help beat the heat wave....
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#151 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:01 pm

breeze wrote:*breeze sets up a free lemonade stand beside the Front Porch to help beat the heat wave....

Thanks Breeze!! That just hit the spot!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

#152 Postby arkess7 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Yummy lemonade breeze thanks!!!! 8-)

The humidity here is horrible too.....it rains everywhere else but here for the past 3 weeks!!! Its so dry here on the coast we really need some rain!!! :eek:

Hope everyones summer is going well! I left a cooler full of ice cold beers and wine coolers on the porch for anyone who would like one! 8-) :sun: :sun: :sun:
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#153 Postby breeze » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:25 pm

This may be the summer we'll remember the Front Porch being abandoned for cooler places... :lol:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#154 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:30 pm

breeze wrote:This may be the summer we'll remember the Front Porch being abandoned for cooler places... :lol:

It has certainly been too hot to hang on the porch in this part of the country!! I know it has been in your area too. Even the occasional breeze doesn't do much good at all. I love my AC and so does the electric company. :cheesy:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#155 Postby breeze » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:19 pm

vbhoutex wrote: I love my AC and so does the electric company. :cheesy:

Most definitely! We've tried to turn the A/C down a notch or two and close window blinds
in unused rooms and west-facing windows, and the unit keeps running away! Our gardens
are just burning up, too...I watch rain dance all around us on radar, but it never seems to
make it here.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#156 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:11 pm

breeze wrote:
vbhoutex wrote: I love my AC and so does the electric company. :cheesy:

Most definitely! We've tried to turn the A/C down a notch or two and close window blinds
in unused rooms and west-facing windows, and the unit keeps running away! Our gardens
are just burning up, too...I watch rain dance all around us on radar, but it never seems to
make it here.

Are you sure you aren't in Houston? :ggreen: That sounds like me. Currently watering the back yard as opposed to letting it die. Hard to believe I hat a very wet July with over 6" in the first week. :roll:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#157 Postby lrak » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:06 pm

im thinking of getting a windmill.
0 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#158 Postby breeze » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:34 pm

OK, it's September 21st and it's 95°F outside... I'm starting to wonder if I'll be
including bottles of Sunblock with the Christmas stocking stuffers, this year! :eek:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#159 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Wow, it isn't even that hot here. Meantime Montana and some of Northern Minnesota areas have already had temps below freezing and/or frost. I'm leaving some sweet tea for anyone that needs it, but be sure to leave some for Breeze.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#160 Postby Pburgh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:46 am

Leaves are turning but temps are remaining high here. It's supposed to be almost 90° today. They tea is wonderful...Thanks David.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”