"Sittin' on the Front Porch"

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: "Sittin' on the Front Porch"

#221 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 pm

You are so nice Nikki!! The problem is I just gained 15 pounds reading your post!! :roll: :roll: :roll: Here is wishing you and yours a most blessed Christmas and super prosperous New Year!!! It's comfortable on the porch today, at least in Houston. That will be coming to a quick halt tomorrow as the next storm and front move off to our East. Think I need to find the pot bellied stove so I can fire it up. Of course any is welcome to if they can find it.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Santa Fe, TX (yes I typed that right TEXAS not New Mexico, I am about 20 miles from Galveston, TX)

#222 Postby Nikki » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 pm

I always gain weight at this time of the year and I love it :lol: :roll:

Looks like we maybe in for a stormy ride in Houston...I just pray everyone is paying attention to the weather...its always so hard during the busy times of the year, weather takes a back burner for some!!

I pray you have a very prosperous New Year!! Maybe we will see snow in 2013!!!!!!!!!!! :ggreen: :cold:
0 likes   
My name is Nicole and this is what I go by in Storm2k chat! Come chat with us! We have fun in there too!!

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. ~Author Unknown

Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#223 Postby angelwing » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Was looking for something else and came across this on youtube, and since it is a nice warm night tonight, why not? Sit back and enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wua2tULh84[/youtube]
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#224 Postby CajunMama » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Though Stephanie started a thread about AZsnowman, I feel this thread is approriate too.

May you have all the Krispie Kremes you desire, AZsnowman. You were a good guy.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#225 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:35 am

We have lost a true brother, friend, husband, father, all around great person and early storm2k staff member and member with the passing of Dennis Denton yesterday morning at 12:15am. He was the originator of both "sittin' on the front porch" and "sittin' round the pot belly stove". Please keep Dennis' wife Michele and the family in your prayers and positive thoughts as they deal with this transition in their lives.
RIP BROTHER!! YOU WILL BE MISSED AZSNOWMAN!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#226 Postby angelwing » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 am

I am so very sorry to hear this...Dennis may you enjoy all the Krispy Kremes you can! RIP dear friend :cry:
0 likes   

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#227 Postby azskyman » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:53 am

Dennis was a mountain man in many ways. He lived amid the trees and animals that were part of the White Mountains at his home in Pinetop, Arizona. On summer weekends, a busy tourist town. On winter nights, just the brilliant northern Arizona starlit sky, a warm stove, and often a snowcovered ground. He and his wife Michelle loved their four-legged friends. Much involved in search and rescue for those in trouble in that part of Arizona that transitioned from tourist attraction to wilderness with one wrong turn. I met them both once years ago, but I have always been impressed by Dennis' patriotism and passion for our country; and the part of Arizona that was HIS country. I'll miss knowing he is among my remote friends here in the copper state. I feel empty this morning for not having him and his "Mutley Crew" at the ready, but am so thankful he reached out to me years ago and we took a chance on learning to know each other. Goodbye friend, and warm fires will continue to glow this winter because of your outreach to me and others. Thank you Dennis. Thank you.
0 likes   

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

#228 Postby JonathanBelles » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 am

This was always one of my threads to go to when it popped up because I always felt that it brought simplicity to our lives. It was just the mental image of watching everyone else go by. Unfortunately this time, we have to watch Dennis go by. I'm sure he'll be watching from his new front porch in heaven. RIP.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#229 Postby Stephanie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:46 pm

I remember in the earlier years when the pot-bellied stove and the store had a pet armadillo, I believe. I forget the name. :)

It was always nice to transition from one season to the next by the change of the title from "Front Porch" to "Pot Bellied Stove". A lot of Earl Grey tea was served by that stove and then their were the desserts. It's been a long while since I've been to the Front Porch or Pot Bellied Stove. Dennis left a wonderful legacy. RIP, my friend and big brother.
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#230 Postby wx247 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:15 pm

I just read this news and I am sad to learn of the loss of Dennis. Like so many of you, while we never met in person I felt like I knew him. Wasn't Crouton the name of the pig who wanted to steal all the KKs? :) And didn't he have a swarm of bats in his attic one year? There have been a lot of good times on the front porch and around the stove. You will be missed friend. God Bless!
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#231 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:24 pm

wx247 wrote:I just read this news and I am sad to learn of the loss of Dennis. Like so many of you, while we never met in person I felt like I knew him. Wasn't Crouton the name of the pig who wanted to steal all the KKs? :) And didn't he have a swarm of bats in his attic one year? There have been a lot of good times on the front porch and around the stove. You will be missed friend. God Bless!

Bats I am not sure of, but that darn Crouton was murder on my KK's!!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#232 Postby breeze » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:52 pm

Wow - I'm WAY behind on Storm2K...It sure makes me sad to see that Dennis passed away, last year. I remember how he loved fried okra and I used to tease him about cooking some and mailing it to him. It was always fun to pop in on the "porch" in summer, or, around "the stove" in winter. Time really does slip away so quickly. We've had Mama with us for over a year after her falls and brain bleed, plus her mini-stroke, leaving her unable to live alone and do some things for herself. We have good days and bad ones, and, it seems I don't get on Storm2K near as often as I want to, any more. Any way, everyone take care and have a blessed Thanksgiving and Christmas season.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#233 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:22 am

Life changes things and sometimes it gets in the way. I am glad to see you here Annette. I think it is time for this forum to be retired and allowed to follow Dennis so I will be changing the settings to allow that to happen. We will always have the wonderful memories of our times here and on the porch. I still miss Dennis. I did see that Michelle seems to be doing well and is beginning to move on with her life doing what she loves with the dogs.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Santa Fe, TX (yes I typed that right TEXAS not New Mexico, I am about 20 miles from Galveston, TX)

#234 Postby Nikki » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:08 am

It's been quite sometime since I've posted in here sooooo. With the hint of meteorological fall being right around the corner, I thought I'd sneak in here and leave some pumpkin spice muffins for all to enjoy! Lol!!

It's actually a nice morning here in Santa Fe. Sitting out on my front porch listening to rain drops and just enjoying nature! Have a great day everyone!!!
0 likes   
My name is Nicole and this is what I go by in Storm2k chat! Come chat with us! We have fun in there too!!

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. ~Author Unknown

Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike

Return to “Off Topic”