Breaking News-Iraq resists disarmament process

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

Breaking News-Iraq resists disarmament process

#1 Postby bfez1 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:33 am

Iraq resists disarmament process, Blix says
Chief U.N. inspector Hans Blix tells Security Council Iraq has provided access for weapons inspections, but is not aiding in the overall process. It is "not enough to open doors," Blix says.
0 likes   

BreinLa
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#2 Postby BreinLa » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:28 pm

Oh Oh look out now
0 likes   

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

Powell warns Iraq

#3 Postby bfez1 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:31 pm

U.S. warns Iraq
Secretary of State Colin Powell says Saddam Hussein has "not much more time" to disarm if he wants to avoid war.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:47 pm

I still hold to my prediction.. the first or second week of March. It will take several more weeks to get the troops and equipment in place. At the same time we can give the iinspections a little more time to appease the other UN Security Counsel members what they want. Other than Saddam accepting exile (fat chance) I believe we are going to war...

Let's keep our servicemen and their families in our thoughts and prayers!
0 likes   

HeartofNC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby HeartofNC » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:01 pm

We have been sending extra supplies and troops since November, we will be at war with Iraq at the end of February. . .Middle of March at the latest, this is my prediction. (My prayers are with the leaders of this country and also with the troops put in place to protect our freedom)

Heart
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

Dont count on war

#6 Postby Derek Ortt » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:13 pm

We are pulling a Chambarlain and appeasing the French. If Bush does not stop Saddam, he's not getting my vote in 2004.

Last I checked, the French got whipped in WW2 and every other war they were in. Who are they to tell us how to conduct our foreign policy, when their national interests/security are not being threatened?

I dont see a war at all. If we were serious, there would be restrictions on us at home, as in the world wars, and the build-up would be much faster. Also, the air raids would already be being conducted at this time, since the planes are already over there. This is simply a bluff to get diplomacy to work, but that also means Bush LIED to us about zero tolerance. IMO, this makes him just as bad as the last liar presindent, Clinton
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:57 pm

Politely disagree on several points Derek.

1. While I agree that we will probably appeasing France, Germany, and Russia for a couple of weeks to compare this to the World Wars is simply not a fair comparison. Europe ignored Germany's annexation of other countries. You can hardly compare that to the reaction Saddam when he tried to annex Kuwait.

2. Where were the restrictions on us when we when to war 12 years ago? This will be far from a World War in it's impact.

3. As far as the build-up, the build up is actually moving at a pretty fast rate. This is not the same senario as 12 years ago when our biggest fear was that Saddam would send his army further south into Saudia Arabia. There was an urgency to get a blocking force in-place to prevent that. The large scale build up took months to get sufficient troops and material in place to be an effective offensive force. I remind you that the stated intent was to evict the Iraqi force from the occupied lands, not conquer Iraq.

4. As far as your point on the air strikes, there won't be any direct airstrikes until the UN team has been removed from Iraq. That is with the exception of the no-fly zones. Again, this is an entirely different mission. Air strikes before were intended to destroy command and control facilities and to soften up an emplaced enemy in Kuwait. In this instance the strikes will begin a lot closer to the invasion and may even occur simultaneously with the start of the invasion. This will probably be accompanied by deep insertion of a large force to appempt to secure the oil fields and prevent another scorched earth disaster lie occured in Kuwait.

Saddam Hussein should have never been left in power 12 years ago. That was a typical US mistake. We seldom have the stomach to finish what we start. However, I do believe that President Bush made his decision several months ago and that he will follow through with or without the UN's support.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:59 am

I cant pick what one of your comments i want to roll my eyes at the most Derek Ortt.
so............ i picked the whole thing...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll::roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:[
We are pulling a Chambarlain and appeasing the French. If Bush does not stop Saddam, he's not getting my vote in 2004.

Last I checked, the French got whipped in WW2 and every other war they were in. Who are they to tell us how to conduct our foreign policy, when their national interests/security are not being threatened?

I dont see a war at all. If we were serious, there would be restrictions on us at home, as in the world wars, and the build-up would be much faster. Also, the air raids would already be being conducted at this time, since the planes are already over there. This is simply a bluff to get diplomacy to work, but that also means Bush LIED to us about zero tolerance. IMO, this makes him just as bad as the last liar presindent, Clinton

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll::roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:[

BTW. Great Post mf. Thanks for taking the time to give us an educated rundown.. You hit the nail on the head.. :D

and trust me Bushy boy is not lying about zero tolerance. You dont mess with Texas and you dont mess with the USA.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

The pressure on Iraq builds...

#9 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:59 pm

MSNBC Jan. 28 — The screws were tightened on Iraq on Tuesday as Russia, for the first time, suggested it might back a war if Baghdad fails to cooperate with U.N. inspectors. As the United States agreed to disclose intelligence information about Iraq’s weapons program and alleged links between Saddam Hussein’s regime and al-Qaida, Russian President Vladimir Putin said he might support “different, tougher” options if Iraq hampered the U.N.-mandated inspections.

Full article http://www.msnbc.com/news/842500.asp?vts=012820030940#BODY
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#10 Postby southerngale » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:35 pm

Originally posted by chadtm80:
and trust me Bushy boy is not lying about zero tolerance. You dont mess with Texas and you dont mess with the USA.

Bush is the best man for this job...no doubt about it! I thank God it's not the alternative. :o
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:38 pm

Bush is the best man for this job...no doubt about it! I thank God it's not the alternative

YOU AND ME BOTH!!!
0 likes   

BreinLa
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

Ahhhh

#12 Postby BreinLa » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:57 pm

and so it begins, Russia first who will be the next one.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#13 Postby southerngale » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:34 pm

I thought ya'll might find this interesting. I hope you know who Neil Cavuto is on Fox News, but even if you don't, it's still interesting. This was his Common Sense segment at the end of Monday's show.

Monday, January 27, 2003
By Neil Cavuto

I remember when I was a kid, I had a friend named Johnny.

Johnny loved firecrackers. The only problem was his dad didn't love him loving firecrackers. So he told Johnny, no more firecrackers. But Johnny kept buying firecrackers and he hid them, everywhere: in his attic; under the family doghouse. One time, even in "my" garage!

Johnny had those firecrackers all over the place. What amazed me is that me and all the kids in the neighborhood "knew" Johnny was hiding firecrackers. But not his dad. Surely, I thought, his pop couldn't be so stupid.

But Johnny kept at it. Until one 4th of July, he went to town, blowing them all off at a nearby park. Unfortunately, in the process, he blew the finger off of a friend who was playing with them too. Everyone was shocked, including the parents of the kid who just lost his finger. And they wanted to know why Johnny's parents could let a kid play with stuff like this?

Johnny's dad was shocked and angry. And he said, "I had no idea. I thought he had stopped with the firecrackers."

Johnny's dad was embarrassed and now Johnny's dad was the target of a lawsuit.

And all because he trusted someone who said he didn't have firecrackers, when he did. And did nothing.

I know another guy like that, who says he doesn't have weapons, when he does and the whole world does nothing.

Ring a bell?

Well, not anymore. Bush is gonna do something!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Derek Ortt

Also glad it's not Gore

#14 Postby Derek Ortt » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:52 pm

I shudder to think how this would be handled if it were Gore.

However, there has been appeasement. Tonight's SOU left me a bit confused (though news I received after wards seemed to clarify it as some of my friends have been activated).

That being said, decesive action on both N Korea and Iraq is a must, in order toi ensure our national security
0 likes   

Rainband

#15 Postby Rainband » Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:29 pm

As you all know by now LOL :lol: :lol: I hate politicians. But after what this country has been through I am happy Bush is in office. I think your take on things MF sums it all up. Great job and may god bless all our armed forces with victory. If saddam isn't stopped the consequences will be terrible for us and his own people. BTW it's easy to put Bush down but I wouldn't want his job. I think he is going great under the circumstances. :wink: ( this post is late sorry, but just catching up lol)
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”