Explosion in NorthCarolina-Updated

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

Explosion in NorthCarolina-Updated

#1 Postby bfez1 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:22 pm

Fatalities in N.C. plant explosion

At least 8 people killed in blast and fire at Kinston, N.C., factory. It's feared other people may be trapped inside the facility.
Last edited by bfez1 on Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby southerngale » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:37 pm

I've been watching it on the news. They still have no idea what caused it. That is a massive amount of black smoke!!!

I heard that deaths weren't confirmed but there are a lot of injuries, some severe. It would be a miracle, but I hope somehow that nobody was killed.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

HeartofNC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby HeartofNC » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:42 pm

AM update, Local news reports 3 dead, 36 in area hospitals with severe burns and other injuries - broken bones, etc. 2 are fire fighhters.

All accounted for.

There is a small fire still burning, they will let it burn out

This is about 75 miles southeast of here. CBS, ABC and NBC carried it live for hours. ABC started carrying it at 1:30 - right after the blast, with their new news choopper. the others soon followed suit.

Apparently, OSHA had sited them for numerous violations as recently as October, with fines as high as $9,000. The part that was on fire was the warehouse, where they stored raw rubber to make the connections for IV tubing, etc. All families are in our prayers here in Raleigh.

Heart....
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

hmmm

#4 Postby JQ Public » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:36 pm

Another person passed away last week as well. He was only 22yrs old! I am 20...i can't imagine dying now :(. So that means 4 dead for now. It was a sad event for NC. I wonder how they are doing now?
0 likes   

Skywatch_NC
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Skywatch_NC » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:54 am

For those employees that weren't injured I heard that sister plants in Nebraska, Pennsylvania and Florida are offering them jobs!
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”