Man Sues After Movie 'Bruno' Labels Him A Terrorist

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Man Sues After Movie 'Bruno' Labels Him A Terrorist

#1 Postby brunota2003 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:20 am

A Palestinian grocer labeled as a "terrorist group leader" in the movie "Bruno" has filed a $110 milllion lawsuit, saying the film ruined his life.

Ayman Abu Aita says in a Dec. 2 complaint that he has suffered "extensive damage and loss" as result of his appearance in "Bruno" and from British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen's promotion of the film on CBS's Late Show With David Letterman.

Cohen, who plays the gay Austrian TV host Bruno in the film, told Letterman in a July 7 appearance that he interviewed a "terrorist from a pretty nasty group called the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade -- the number one suicide bombers out there" at a "secret location" with a security guard.

The film, released three days later, went on to identify Aita with a banner under his face that sported his full name and the label "terrorist group leader al-aqsa martyrs brigade."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... nment%2529

I do feel bad for him in a way, and I can see how that would ruin his life. Likewise, I got joked and put down a lot because of that stupid movie too. Especially since I'm in the Army, and my name is of course Bruno. I couldnt go anywhere in my uniform without some idiot making a crack about the movie, and it was quite bothersome. Granted, I played it off and acted like it didn't bother me, but it was really quite hurtful. Those who know me weren't joking on me though, it was mainly complete strangers...think I could sue too? :lol:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”