Ronnie James Dio

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Ronnie James Dio

#1 Postby Tireman4 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:51 pm

The music world lost a HUGE influence Sunday May 16, 2010. Ronnie James Dio was an amazing human being and a great singer.

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

ronniejamesdio.com

Here is some other trivia. His son Dan is a meteorologist ( I knew it could be weather related)

Hello! My name is Dan Padavona. I graduated from Cortland College with a B.A. in Communications in 1991. From 1987 to 1991 I served as the Voice of Red Dragon football on WSUC-FM.

It was during this time I gained an appreciation for the excitement of small college football and have been hooked ever since. No doubt these formative years were heavily influenced by some of the greatest Cortaca Jug games ever played - the 1988 Game of the Century at Chugger Davis Field, and the rematch on South Hill in the Eastern Region final.

http://www.cortlandfootball.com/dp.htm
0 likes   

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Ronnie James Dio

#2 Postby arkess7 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:15 am

was he from judias priest??????? cant remember??? or no he was by hisself?? please refresh my brain cells....lol..... 8-)
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby Tireman4 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:02 am

He was in Black Sabbath ( after Ozzy), Dio, Rainbow and Heaven and Hell. You are thinking Rob Halford (Judas Priest), who is very much alive.
0 likes   

lester
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby lester » Wed May 19, 2010 3:00 pm

rip :(
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby Tireman4 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:27 am

It has been a year since Ronnie left us (May 16). Amazing human being. His cancer foundation is still doing well:

The Ronnie James Dio "Stand Up And Shout" Cancer Fund, which was founded in memory of the late singer who died in 2010, has raised over $450,000 for cancer research. Later this year, the fund will team up with Christie's, an international company that offers art auctions and private sales to clients, for a guitar and bass auction in New York City, with all proceeds going to the fund. Almost 100 instruments have been donated, including guitars from many superstars such as Eddie Van Halen, Slash, Sting, METALLICA, SLAYER and Geddy Lee.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=158231
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby Tireman4 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:25 am

It has been three years since Ronnie James Dio died. His charity organization, Stand Up And Shout is still doing wonders in the cancer research arena....

Today is a difficult day for all of us. It has been three years since Ronnie's passing. Sometimes it feels like only yesterday and sometimes it feels like an eternity ago.

"Please take a moment of silence sometime in the day to remember him on this anniversary of his death. I know you all loved him, and I thank you for keeping his music and his memory alive.

"I take comfort in this old prayer I would like to share with you.

I cannot speak, but I can listen,
I cannot be seen, but I can be heard,
I am in the song you hear,
I am in the breeze you feel...
I am in the stars you see
I am still with you.

"Peace be with all of us."

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=190025
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby Tireman4 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:30 am

Ironic thing is, I was just listening to Dio this morning on my run. I had not even thought about it being 3 years since he died. In my head, the day he died, I was listening to Sacred Heart ( a song about good trumping over evil) in church...very weird...LOL
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby Tireman4 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:35 am

It has been four years since he left us. His Cancer organization has raised more than $800,000 dollars and still counting. Hopefully we will find a cure for this disease.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”